Becton Thread from last season

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Am I over analyzing or does it look like he's still pushing through a little pain when he comes back to his right? Starts around 25 second mark where he tracks back to his right.

I don't think so. At around 39 seconds, you can hear Becton saying "that felt good".

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Am I over analyzing or does it look like he's still pushing through a little pain when he comes back to his right? Starts around 25 second mark where he tracks back to his right.

A smidge maybe, but it's exciting to see him say "that felt good" and excited. 

Also, he needs to stop working those left side reps, get on the right boy. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I still think he's starting LT if healthy but I get why people are penciling Fant in at LT.

I weirdly have more faith in Becton locking down the right side than I do Fant (assuming he's healthy, of course).

Let Fant stay on the left where he's good.

Of course, the fantasy is that Max Mitchell is ready to roll at RT from day one, and Becton outplays Fant at LT, relegating Fant to be an expensive swing tackle, but that's a long shot, I think.

16 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I weirdly have more faith in Becton locking down the right side than I do Fant (assuming he's healthy, of course).

Of course, the fantasy is that Max Mitchell is ready to roll at RT from day one, and Becton outplays Fant at LT, relegating Fant to be an expensive swing tackle, but that's a long shot, I think.

If the OL gets good enough that Fant isn't needed, I'm all for it. He was by far the best OL player last year and I think the best player on the team. If we are good enough that he's a backup that would be amazing (for everybody except Fant)

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Dream scenario there for the FO.  Not having to shell out big dollars on a Tackle next offseason will go a long way to helping other areas of need.

We should use Becton as a super sub in the 3rd quarter. Teams get used to who they're blocking then a 400 pound giant comes in to finish the job. It would be like when one RB wears out a defense and the next one finishes them off. No this isn't serious. But think about it, though

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

We should use Becton as a super sub in the 3rd quarter. Teams get used to who they're blocking then a 400 pound giant comes in to finish the job. It would be like when one RB wears out a defense and the next one finishes them off. No this isn't serious. But think about it, though

Would limit chance of injury to Becton as well, as he would be invigorated playing against tired players

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Dream scenario there for the FO.  Not having to shell out big dollars on a Tackle next offseason will go a long way to helping other areas of need.

Yep. Not saying I expect it to happen, but it would tickle my fancy.