RIP Legend John Madden

AFJF

There is legit no one even near Madden and Summerall. Watched the doc on Saturday and it was really good. As a kid who loved every detail of football growing up always appreciated his obsession of the sport. 

will say the early iterations of the Madden games stunk compared to Tecmo and Gameday. Would love to see something on the football video game wars of the 90’s.

Back in the early 90s, it changed the game in regards to realism in a football video game.  Until then, Tecmo Bowl was the best but wasnt very realistic.  I havent played it since the late 90s but in the Genesis/Super nintendo era, it was a classic.
NFL 2K was a better game and way more realistic ... then EA squashed them with the Monoplized deal.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

On 12/30/2021 at 1:38 PM, Matt39 said:

There is legit no one even near Madden and Summerall. Watched the doc on Saturday and it was really good. As a kid who loved every detail of football growing up always appreciated his obsession of the sport. 

will say the early iterations of the Madden games stunk compared to Tecmo and Gameday. Would love to see something on the football video game wars of the 90’s.

I watched the documentary too.  It was better than I even expected.  It really sucks that Madden is gone.  He was such an icon but also such a down-to-earth kind of a guy.