So, Omicron pretty much sucks

Jet_Engine1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Hope you feel better man.  That’s awful.  I’m walking on eggshells myself right now.  @Jet Nut came up to visit me, my brothers, and our extended family Sunday.  Unfortunately someone at our gathering tested positive.  Now other people are following suit, I haven’t seen dad since Sunday, and I am immunocompromised so I’m battling my own anxiety even though I know it’s supposed to be mild.  I have a few at home tests and am going to take my first one today under the recommendation of a doctor I used to work with.  So far so good physically.  Mentally?  Not great.

Damn, well best wishes to all of you up there. Hope everyone avoids it, especially JN. He got it bad last year if I recall correctly. 

Hydrate and rest!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sore throat, cough, terrible body aches, tired, but the aches make sleep difficult. No real fever but woke up this morning drenched in sweat. Spent the last 2 days in bed. What a way to end a terrible year. 😆 

But I'm fine with finally getting the Corona Light instead of full-blown Covid. 

i guess you never had the flu.  same thing.  but, in spite of all the negativity coming from fauci, you're alive and most likely didn't have to go to a hospital or er.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 8
  • Confused 2

Just now, Warfish said:

Was convinced I finally had it, along with the Fam.  Exposed to known recent-positive-COVID family (dedicated muh' freeeeedoms! antivaxers in every Fam it seems), on cougher-ridden-planes twice, another (fully vaxed) family member (exposed at work) whom we were in contact with, and literally everyone in the extended Fam got sick (cough, horrible chest rattle, wheeze, fatigue, the usual)  at Christmas, myself included.  

But no fever, and no loss of taste.  And home tests, for what they're worth, so far say nope, Negative.  

Crazy world right now.  Hope everyone testing positive gets better soon and quick.  Hope this sh*t-show comes to an end soon too.

The at home tests are legitimately 50/50 at best. We have access to direct PCR tests through the Health Care District, and they are also subject to false results. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Matt39 said:

Just got back from NY. People were testing nonstop to get to a positive to get out of seeing people lol.  No one tests in FL. The constant testing is either super neurotic or a way to get out of stuff.

That's darkly humorous..

😆 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The at home tests are legitimately 50/50 at best. We have access to direct PCR tests through the Health Care District, and they are also subject to false results. 

It's interesting because I've had similar symptoms the past couple of days (headache, bodyache, cough, probably a very mild fever, and I've slept a ton the past couple of days.  Last night it turned into a bad stomach but I feel like I'm over it now). 

How do you know that you had Covid (as opposed to just general sickness) if the tests are 50/50 at best?  And how do they know that the tests are 50/50 if even the PCR tests are subject to false results?  

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's interesting because I've had similar symptoms the past couple of days (headache, bodyache, cough, probably a very mild fever, and I've slept a ton the past couple of days.  Last night it turned into a bad stomach but I feel like I'm over it now). 

How do you know that you had Covid (as opposed to just general sickness) if the tests are 50/50 at best?  And how do they know that the tests are 50/50 if even the PCR tests are subject to false results?  

Go get a PCR test.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My Sister in Laws family all also tested positive (Went to her house Christmas Eve),  I have the same symptoms as her family and other FFs that have tested positive, and I tested + on both at home and PCR. 

The holes in the error model would be very small given this set of circumstances. 

• Upvote 1