So, Omicron pretty much sucks

Jet_Engine1

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Go get a PCR test.

Out of curiosity, why?  I feel like I'm almost over this (another day or so) so what difference would it make?  I guess I'd be interested to know if I now have natural immunity but what other reason should I take the test?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Out of curiosity, why?  I feel like I'm almost over this (another day or so) so what difference would it make?  I guess I'd be interested to know if I now have natural immunity but what other reason should I take the test?

I agree with you, if you get through it without care and just rode it out, sick is sick. 

We're tracking it as a Department, for internal reasons (City Manager is arguing to CUT FD staffing, etc)

Just curious how easy is it for you all you get personal test where you are?

Here they suddenly decide to make them available at pharmacy's and of course there were huge lineups to get them in 30 below weather. 

I'd like to get the tests but the roll out by our gov't has been a bit of a cluster fu*k

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sore throat, cough, terrible body aches, tired, but the aches make sleep difficult. No real fever but woke up this morning drenched in sweat. Spent the last 2 days in bed. What a way to end a terrible year. ? 

But I'm fine with finally getting the Corona Light instead of full-blown Covid. 

Damn exactly the same for me also, get well soon brother. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Here they suddenly decide to make them available at pharmacy's and of course there were huge lineups to get them in 30 below weather. 

I'd like to get the tests but the roll out by our gov't has been a bit of a cluster fu*k

My brother luckily found two boxes (the max) that were JUST being delivered. I also got a PCR test and only had to wait for a half hour. It seems every pharmacy is doing tests now although when I went last week, I had to wait 3 hours in the cold with covid. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

My brother luckily found two boxes (the max) that were JUST being delivered. I also got a PCR test and only had to wait for a half hour. It seems every pharmacy is doing tests now although when I went last week, I had to wait 3 hours in the cold with covid. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I have not had any type of covid yet.

some of my employees had it , one of them died right at the start of the pandemic from it.

my Dad died from the delta variant late august .

just had a negative PCR test . I am  scared of getting it , mostly mental because of what happened to my Dad(I also have a pregnant wife at home)

I just wish this sh*t would be over by now 

I hope everyone here who got it get better soon

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No problem getting tested here in Chicago suburbs.  I have seen news stories about the long waits in Chicago itself, but my daughter and I were both tested two to three weeks ago when we had symptoms -- we both tested negative. 

Drove up to the testing site.  No wait at all either time we went.  In and out in ten minutes.  Rapid results in half hour and final result in 48 hours.  

Crazy how much it’s back. My grandpa and uncle were hospitalized 2 weeks ago (both good now). I was just exposed on Sunday so have been taking tests daily just to make sure I’m good. I have a 3 month old so have been worried. All tests negative so far luckily 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sore throat, cough, terrible body aches, tired, but the aches make sleep difficult. No real fever but woke up this morning drenched in sweat. Spent the last 2 days in bed. What a way to end a terrible year. ? 

If fire can't kill you, then Covid sure as hell can't!

Feel better soon, man.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Thanks for missing the point of my post, and trying to derail a thread about something many are dealing with.

As for your comment about the flu, yes I've had the flu. As a matter of fact, over a 20 year career as a FF/Paramedic in South Florida,  I've been directly exposed to almost everything possible, from TB, HIV, Hep-C, and more.

Doesn't change the fact that this Omicron crap sucks. 

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you. Get well soon.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

some of my employees had it , one of them died right at the start of the pandemic from it.

just had a negative PCR test . I am  scared of getting it , mostly mental because of what happened to my Dad(I also have a pregnant wife at home)

My sincere condolences for your loss.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Same thing here in la belle province.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The whole season made me laugh. 

Funny side note 

watched the whole series from season 1 to whatever they were up to March 2020 during my first covid positive 

this time I tested positive I binge watched the whole new season

CYE and Covid go hand and hand for me now lol

It's fascinating to me how many people seem to have aligned themselves into one of two "sides" when discussing COVID. There's no expressing anything COVID-related that doesn't make someone else think you sound totally ignorant.

Even more fascinating is how both sides are right about that.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

The whole season made me laugh. 

Funny side note 

watched the whole series from season 1 to whatever they were up to March 2020 during my first covid positive 

this time I tested positive I binge watched the whole new season

CYE and Covid go hand and hand for me now lol

This season was much better than last

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Just got back from NY. People were testing nonstop to get to a positive to get out of seeing people lol.  No one tests in FL. The constant testing is either super neurotic or a way to get out of stuff.

they tested so much here in NY they ran out of tests. government had to set up testing sites. seams like everyone is getting it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

My condolences to you and your family. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Getting the new variant could end up being a good thing. If you’re not sick don’t test. If you decide to test and it’s positive and you have no to mild symptoms don’t go to the hospital. Just spent two weeks in lower NY. This is a fight against neorotics just as much as covid at this point. People with no symptoms are going to the hospital for no reason. The CDC finally adjusted the quarantine time. 

Great advice! Our current Medical Direction is we WILL NOT TRANSPORT people with flu-like symptoms unless specific criteria (ie. Life threatening issues) are met. 

Treat it like the flu, rest hydrate, etc unless other issues develop. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

My son is living with us while going through a divorce. The kids were on the way, for mid week visit, and got the phone call that they had been exposed. They pulled in the driveway and he did get to speak from a distance but, we had to let them turn around and go back with mom; second time. 

It's impacting everyone's life. Stay safe.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

We should all be thankful that we now have vaccines that are safe and reliable. Just remember to get your booster and follow all CDC guidelines.

I did them all and I hope I don't get it. I was an anti-vaxer at first but I knew I would need to do it for my job; so I did. It isn't just about me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, usapaw said:

I did them all and I hope I don't get it. I was an anti-vaxer at first but I knew I would need to do it for my job; so I did. It isn't just about me. 

If people would just follow the science and the recommendations of the CDC Covid would be in the back window by now. I think once we get to the fourth booster we'll start turning the corner.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Great advice! Our current Medical Direction is we WILL NOT TRANSPORT people with flu-like symptoms unless specific criteria (ie. Life threatening issues) are met. 

Treat it like the flu, rest hydrate, etc unless other issues develop. 

Yes!

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Feel better, man

• Upvote 1

My daughter tested positive for covid almost two weeks ago.  She was really messed up for a few days.  Lots of coughing and congestion, and a fever. Heavy symptoms lasted for around 72 hours.  Felt better after that, except for a lingering cough.  She was probably contagious for a least 4 days comingling with everyone in the house  before she showed any symptoms and tested positive.  She isolated in her room and my wife and I who are triple vaxxed, and my son who is double vaxxed, thankfully escaped without getting it.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I thought you wanted to know if you have Covid 19 or not.  That's the definitive test.