Jump to content

So, Omicron pretty much sucks


Jet_Engine1
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Just curious how easy is it for you all you get personal test where you are?

Here they suddenly decide to make them available at pharmacy's and of course there were huge lineups to get them in 30 below weather. 

I'd like to get the tests but the roll out by our gov't has been a bit of a cluster fu*k

No idea where you’re at, but there’s a nice little pharmacy in Manalapan New Jersey that had plenty of them when all the big name places (Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc) were sold out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I was long overdue. 😆 

 

Sucks but not complaining. It's wreaking havoc on the whole Department right now. 

 

That's been the experience other guys have passed along. Hopefully feel better tomorrow. 

 

Most of my family got it on xmas, including my 83 year old mother.

I felt crappy for 3 days and feel ok today. Glad I got the booster.

Feel better man

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sore throat, cough, terrible body aches, tired, but the aches make sleep difficult. No real fever but woke up this morning drenched in sweat. Spent the last 2 days in bed. What a way to end a terrible year. 😆 

 

But I'm fine with finally getting the Corona Light instead of full-blown Covid. 

Feel better.Best wishes your way.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I thought you wanted to know if you have Covid 19 or not.  That's the definitive test.

It's not anymore, just look at the recent CDC declarations when it comes to the PCR test. Follow the science.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

I read an article that said omicron will be the strain that ends covid. Essentially the article said it’s going to spread like wildfire, everyone will get it. Heard immunity etc. hopefully so we go back living normal lives soon. In NYC the politicians are crazed with the mandates. (Some good it did as nyc has highest rate in country 🤣🤣)

It should. There are a lot of special interests groups that will try and leverage not going back to work though. If you’re vaxed x 3, get your butt back to work.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It should. There are a lot of special interests groups that will try and leverage not going back to work though. If you’re vaxed x 3, get your butt back to work.

I think when we hit the 4x vax things will be better, look no further than the Israelis. Boosters every few months will finally put an end to this. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

40% of my FD is out. If you have family in West Palm, I hope they don't need help fast.

Here is the problem. If I’m honest with myself. After the 2nd day I could’ve went back to work. Unfortunately you can’t cause don’t want to give it to anyone else but IF it is as mild as they think, wouldn’t your line of work, health care etc etc be better serving people by going to work? That’s part of the problem with the COVID label. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

I think when we hit the 4x vax things will be better, look no further than the Israelis. Boosters every few months will finally put an end to this. 

I knew you’re being sarcastic. But if it keeps you from getting sick I’m good with it. There is a faction of people who want to mask and keep this going too. You can’t fight hypochondriacs with shots. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Out of curiosity, why?  I feel like I'm almost over this (another day or so) so what difference would it make?  I guess I'd be interested to know if I now have natural immunity but what other reason should I take the test?

The test you should take is the antibody test, should be easy to get. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I read an article that said omicron will be the strain that ends covid. Essentially the article said it’s going to spread like wildfire, everyone will get it. Heard immunity etc. hopefully so we go back living normal lives soon. In NYC the politicians are crazed with the mandates. (Some good it did as nyc has highest rate in country 🤣🤣)

Should. Be nice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I knew you’re being sarcastic. But if it keeps you from getting sick I’m good with it. There is a faction of people who want to mask and keep this going too. You can’t fight hypochondriacs with shots. 

Every few months? I mean damn, that seems pretty extreme, Unless you have sever co-morbidities, are over 70, and/or morbidly obese, no statistic I have seen justifies getting boosters every couple of months. In my reach of people, the people who got the worst symptoms this week were vaccinated, while I know quite a few people who are not vaccinated who got it and got the sniffles.  Now, I do believe at this point in time most people have had Covid, so depending on what you believe about natural immunity, that likely muffles the idea of vaccinated vs unvaccinated symptoms of Omnicron.

One thing is for certain, this thing is highly contagious with or without the vax.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I read an article that said omicron will be the strain that ends covid. Essentially the article said it’s going to spread like wildfire, everyone will get it. Heard immunity etc. hopefully so we go back living normal lives soon. In NYC the politicians are crazed with the mandates. (Some good it did as nyc has highest rate in country 🤣🤣)

Read an article about delta and omicron possibly mutating into a real bummer of a strain. 
 

this will go away as quickly as influenza did I’m afraid 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sore throat, cough, terrible body aches, tired, but the aches make sleep difficult. No real fever but woke up this morning drenched in sweat. Spent the last 2 days in bed. What a way to end a terrible year. 😆 

 

But I'm fine with finally getting the Corona Light instead of full-blown Covid. 

That sucks. My wife has Omicron now but mostly just congested with no bad sore throat. My cousin has a really bad sore throat with it. I'm in a different room now and trying to dodge it - but still making three meals a day and vanilla latte's for my wife and leaving them by the door. I may have a zoom call with her later 😆 Feel better!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I knew you’re being sarcastic. But if it keeps you from getting sick I’m good with it. There is a faction of people who want to mask and keep this going too. You can’t fight hypochondriacs with shots. 

What if it's at the point that it's allowing people to get infected instead of protecting them. It sure seems likely with what is happening absolutely everywhere now and there's many medical studies backing this up. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

To those morons who think this is just a cold, my brother in law got it two days ago. He’s in St. Francis right now. He’s developed pneumonia and they’re testing now to see about a clot in his lung.

If you’re young, strong and healthy, it’s one thing. There are a lot of people who aren’t, or who have immune deficiencies. To them, it’s nothing like getting a cold.

A couple of the young ones in my family had it, but they were okay in a few days. We’re worried about my 92 year old dad getting it, since he was in contact with them but so far he’s okay.

Of course, there are absolutely people who are at high risk for this, but those same people are also extremely high risk for the Flu or any severe respiratory virus. 

And whether someone thinks it's a cold or not does not really help people in that position. They need to look out for themselves by any means necessary. The vaccine for others is not going to help them when it comes to Omnicron, and there was plenty of data that showed the same for Delta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Every few months? I mean damn, that seems pretty extreme, Unless you have sever co-morbidities, are over 70, and/or morbidly obese, no statistic I have seen justifies getting boosters every couple of months. In my reach of people, the people who got the worst symptoms this week were vaccinated, while I know quite a few people who are not vaccinated who got it and got the sniffles.  Now, I do believe at this point in time most people have had Covid, so depending on what you believe about natural immunity, that likely muffles the idea of vaccinated vs unvaccinated symptoms of Omnicron.

One thing is for certain, this thing is highly contagious with or without the vax.

I agree. But the strains seem unpredictable. If they keep the symptoms at a minimum I’m fine with getting the shot. I never used to get the flu shot but I probably should have been doing it. At this point the shots are readily available so if you want it great if not no worries. What’s going on in NY though isn’t sustainable. People have legit gone cuckoo. You used to just laugh off the dude in the neck brace in Yonkers and now you have people diving into bushes outside when you walk by the without a mask on. People need to relax. I don’t miss living there but I miss visiting the city.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PLO said:

The test you should take is the antibody test, should be easy to get. 

I just had my annual physical and routine blood draw and they would not test me for antibodies. My Dr. told me they would only test for antibodies if I was donating blood or an active case. Sounds anti-science too me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Read an article about delta and omicron possibly mutating into a real bummer of a strain. 
 

this will go away as quickly as influenza did I’m afraid 

I think I saw Jim Acosta predcicted that unvaccinated people were going to force Covid to mutate into an organ liquifying virus.

#science

This is never going away, this is going to be in our arsenal of respiratory viruses along with colds and the flu forever. No % of the population and no amount of boosters is every going to change that. Its all politics at this point.

  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I agree. But the strains seem unpredictable. If they keep the symptoms at a minimum I’m fine with getting the shot. I never used to get the flu shot but I probably should have been doing it. At this point the shots are readily available so if you want it great if not no worries. What’s going on in NY though isn’t sustainable. People have legit gone cuckoo. You used to just laugh off the dude in the neck brace in Yonkers and now you have people diving into bushes outside when you walk by the without a mask on. People need to relax. I don’t miss living there but I miss visiting the city.

This is a direct result of the political warfare the media has launched on people for political gain. If people actually read the studies, look at the statistics, they would understand what this is and what it isnt, and for who. For those who are high risk, they should take every precaution necessary, but depending on others to keep you safe will never, ever work and is unreasonable.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Here is the problem. If I’m honest with myself. After the 2nd day I could’ve went back to work. Unfortunately you can’t cause don’t want to give it to anyone else but IF it is as mild as they think, wouldn’t your line of work, health care etc etc be better serving people by going to work? That’s part of the problem with the COVID label. 

I'm guessing you've never fought an interior structure fire at work...

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This is a direct result of the political warfare the media has launched on people for political gain. If people actually read the studies, look at the statistics, they would understand what this is and what it isnt, and for who. For those who are high risk, they should take every precaution necessary, but depending on others to keep you safe will never, ever work and is unreasonable.

Was walking my dog through a park in Westchester the day after Xmas and there was a group of people in a circle in beach chairs exchanging gifts. I wanted to bust out the Cartman pole. It wa surreal.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Matt39 said:

Was walking my dog through a park in Westchester the day after Xmas and there was a group of people in a circle in beach chairs exchanging gifts. I wanted to bust out the Cartman pole. It wa surreal.

Its actually sad, really sad. People are going to look back and realize they lost 10 years of their life they cant get back so some politicians can get elected

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Was walking my dog through a park in Westchester the day after Xmas and there was a group of people in a circle in beach chairs exchanging gifts. I wanted to bust out the Cartman pole. It wa surreal.

My state is not that bad but it's close. I was in FL 3 weeks ago and it was a breath of fresh air because it seemed like 90%+ of the population just went back to living their lives. They also have had one of the lowest positivity rates for new infections even though it is a crowded state. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RobR said:

I just had my annual physical and routine blood draw and they would not test me for antibodies. My Dr. told me they would only test for antibodies if I was donating blood or an active case. Sounds anti-science too me.

I think you can get one, depends on the physician I guess. FYI, the current science on "routine blood tests" is that they are unnecessary and at a population level actually bad for people. A lot of doctors aren't really up on the current science in this area. If it were me I would avoid an "annual" blood test, just unnecessary, a waste of money and time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

scrolled through 100 posts and (unless i missed one) not a mention of supplements diet and exercise to help defend yourselves. this is regardless of your vax status.
C D Zinc Quercetin can help. cheers and good health to all.

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...