*** THE OFFSEASON CIRCUS HAS BEGUN ***

Bronx

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Let’s say for arguments sake the draft order in the top 4 remains the same. Jax picking at 1 will be key. It would make logical sense for them to take Neal since their OL needs help. One would think the Lions and Texans would take Hutch and Thibs. That’s where things could get interesting. With all the talk about the Jets trading down, it wouldn’t shock me if the Jets try to trade up to nab one of the stud DE’s.

They cannot trade up.  Every year we hear about how the team has no talent, etc.  Well, one of these years we have to start acquiring some so we can eventually get to the point where there's at least a foundation.  Though so much will depend on Zach Wilson.  Of course, I'm not optimistic about him right now but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

51 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I hate drafting corners in the 1st round as CB shelf life rarely warrants the 2nd contract.

Akin to RBs…corners burn out fast. 

Only take CBs in the 1st if its the last piece to a SB team.

Revis was the last piece to a SB team.......the Patriots.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I could not agree with this more. I don't see them taking a CB that high. I don't see them taking another Tackle in Round One.

Disagree...they should strongly consider taking another OT in Rd 1 if he's the best player available etc.  Fant will be a FA after next season, Moses is a FA after this season and Becton is still a huge (no pun intended) question mark with his injuries and weight issues.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Disagree...they should strongly consider taking another OT in Rd 1 if he's the best player available etc.  Fant will be a FA after next season, Moses is a FA after this season and Becton is still a huge (no pun intended) question mark with his injuries and weight issues.

Why not just extend Fant and draft a position of need like defense?

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Which injuries? This is the only major injury he’s had ever including college. Why do you think he has weight issues? Because the media told you so? There’s videos of him pre and during training camp where he was in fantastic shape. Not fat by any means. There’s also videos/pictures of him from a few months ago to now where he’s still in great shape 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Bronx said:

Michigan DE Aidan Hutchinson – Ditto everything written above about Thibodeaux. This 6-6, 265-pounder is coming off a 14-sack season and right now it’s a coin flip as to which is the best pass rusher and maybe best player in the draft. It’s hard to see the Jets passing either one if they’re available. With one of them the Jets’ D would look a whole lot different next year.

Arkansas WR Treylon Burks – There are as many as five receivers vying for the title of “Best WR in the 2022 draft” and all of them would help out Wilson. Imagine a healthy Elijah Moore and Corey Davis getting someone like the 6-3, 225 Burks to draw some attention away. He was a dynamic playmaker, catching 66 passes for 1,104 yards and 11 touchdowns this year. He was even 7-129-1 against the tough, Alabama defense.

Gimme some of dis, or gimme some of dat....

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Remember when we traded back to land Denzel Mimms, (where do I barf) and traded UP to get AVT. 

Heres the thing, the higher the pick, statistically the better chance of the guy becoming a playmaker. Trading back is silly for the most part unless you are raping a team. 

I tend to agree with you, however if we can compile a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders by trading down from 4 if our guy is not there, or with the Seattle pick then by all means do so, because we need starters and depth on this team.

That is only if the guys we really want are gone. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Which injuries? This is the only major injury he’s had ever including college. Why do you think he has weight issues? Because the media told you so? There’s videos of him pre and during training camp where he was in fantastic shape. Not fat by any means. There’s also videos/pictures of him from a few months ago to now where he’s still in great shape 

he does have weight issues.....he has talked about it, his girl has talked about it. You dont hear about his food addiction much since he got into the league but I remember an insta post from his girl talking about how she is so proud of him for overcoming it or something to that effect. It's not just the media, food addiction is a real thing and I hope he can overcome it but its probably gonna be a challenge his whole life.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

he does have weight issues.....he has talked about it, his girl has talked about it. You dont hear about his food addiction much since he got into the league but I remember an insta post from his girl talking about how she is so proud of him for overcoming it or something to that effect. It's not just the media, food addiction is a real thing and I hope he can overcome it but its probably gonna be a challenge his whole life.

Having weight issues, food issues, is not the same thing as being overweight. Weight/food issues can be an addiction and therefore something one has to deal with for his entire life. That does not mean he is fat, lazy, or injury prone (I know you didn't say he was, but many on this site did). Yes, he has weight issues that require him to stay focused. They would make have committed to staying fit, not Lazy.

10 hours ago, BurntDice said:

There are many on this site who have a problem with JD and therefore look for failures to prove their point. There are those who just do not like Becton. While I applaud your response, many would prefer to believe the media and other fans over logic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

He’s also a giant human being who needs to eat a lot. He probably needs to eat like 8k calories a day paired with working out just to sustain his body. 

On 12/30/2021 at 10:19 AM, RedBeardedSavage said:
  • 1a David Ojabo DE Michigan 
  • 1b Jameson Williams WR Alabama / Treylon Burks WR Arkansas
  • 2a Nick Petit-Frere OT Ohio State
  • 2b Trey McBride TE Colorado State
  • 3 Chad Muma LB Wyoming
  • Cut Lawson, let Maye walk
  • Sign Chandler Jones DE Arizona
  • Sign Ben Jones C Titans
  • Move McGovern to RG
  • Draft RB's, safeties, DT's and interior offensive line on day 3

Pray for Zach, Saleh and Lafleur to improve drastically.

First round is too early to draft a WR ; have we learned nothing from Mims and Stephen Hill ?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Ordinarily I’d completely agree with this, especially as something is clearly up at 1 Jets Drive when you consider how ridiculous our injury rate has been the last 3 or 4 seasons, and I sense you might be talking specifically about 1st rounders?/….but the one player from the 2020 draft that looks like a sure thing is Bryce Hall …sometimes you just can’t tell

Hall fell to the 5 th due to injury and availability.  A lot different than taking an injured DB at 4

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

There are many on this site who have a problem with JD and therefore look for failures to prove their point. There are those who just do not like Becton. While I applaud your response, many would prefer to believe the media and other fans over logic.

I totally get critiquing jd I do as well. But with becton it’s the wrong way to go. You can point to the rest of that draft sans hall. Looking at it thru a rational lens however there are a ton of factors as to why that draft wasn’t good. Drafted for completely different schemes on offense and defense, was still using 90% of macs scouting team, major obstacle with covid aka players/teams opted out for the majority of the season, gase being a control freak and having having a say with the picks, no pro days, the class was half the size as usual etc. injuries were a major factor this season and with very little depth (thanks mac) the team couldn’t recover esp on defense. 

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

I totally get critiquing jd I do as well. But with becton it’s the wrong way to go. You can point to the rest of that draft sans hall. Looking at it thru a rational lens however there are a ton of factors as to why that draft wasn’t good. Drafted for completely different schemes on offense and defense, was still using 90% of macs scouting team, major obstacle with covid aka players/teams opted out for the majority of the season, gase being a control freak and having having a say with the picks, no pro days, the class was half the size as usual etc. injuries were a major factor this season and with very little depth (thanks mac) the team couldn’t recover esp on defense. 

IMO the jury is still out on Becton and I am hoping for success. Mims, I don't understand what is taking him so long - I bet he gets another year to make/brake it. The rest of the draft - well. maybe a couple of 5ths. I am willing to give him a mulligan on his first draft and doing it without combines... hopefully 2022 is more like 2021 than 2020. Another 2020 and we are bound for another reboot.

37 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

IMO the jury is still out on Becton and I am hoping for success. Mims, I don't understand what is taking him so long - I bet he gets another year to make/brake it. The rest of the draft - well. maybe a couple of 5ths. I am willing to give him a mulligan on his first draft and doing it without combines... hopefully 2022 is more like 2021 than 2020. Another 2020 and we are bound for another reboot.

I think mims has issues upstairs. Complete speculation on my part, but one/a combination of low intelligence, depression, general mental health factor into his struggles. His heart just doesn’t seem to be into it. He runs very slopppy routes, quits on plays, gives low effort, doesn’t seem to understand where to line up or where to go.  During interviews and different videos he just doesn’t seem that smart. 

On 12/30/2021 at 9:53 AM, RedBeardedSavage said:

Agree on this - could easily see an Ojabo rise and a Karlaftis fall after the combine.

Curious which, if any, receivers separate from the pack. If Burks is truly 6'3 225 and runs anywhere low 4.5's or even 4.4's, I think he's worth a top 10 pick. 

On 12/30/2021 at 2:05 PM, slimjasi said:

He’s my favorite WR in the draft as of now 

I read that Burks has FREAKISHLY large hands and needs to have custom 5XL gloves made.  If true, that would give Zach Wilson a Michael Thomas type target with huge mitts. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/30/2021 at 11:24 AM, Bronx said:

Sorry, but I can't agree. There are higher priorities on this team than using a high pick on a safety...I don't buy it.

i don't think there's any chance Jd drafts a saftey that high. its just not enough of an impact position. he jettisoned jamal adams for a reason

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i don't think there's any chance Jd drafts a saftey that high. its just not enough of an impact position. he jettisoned jamal adams for a reason

Unlike Adams, Hamilton is a TRUE cover 1 Safety. That said, I agree, our Cover 3 Zone does not require a freakish athlete with a top 10 pick. 
EDGE, WR please

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 2:15 PM, #27TheDominator said:

How much harder do you want them to try to lose?  XP missed?  Check.  Go for it on 4th down and fail?  Check.  Fake FG fail?  Check.  Dropped INT on the goal with time running out?  Check.  Gregg Williams got fired for tanking less hard.

Your point is well taken.  Jets aren't good at anything--even losing.

Raises the question:  why are we here?  Why do we still care?

Off day.  I usually don't think this way.

So I was talking with some Viking fans and it sounds like the Vikings might need to trade Danielle Hunter. Dude is still young at 27 and is a beast in the pass rushing department. He seems very unhappy with how his contract situation is going with them. He has a cap hit of 26 million for 2022 and the Vikings are currently projected to be at 212 mil without signing or cutting anyone which is 4 mil over the projected cap. If I read his contract correctly then the Vikings would eat 7 mil of it which makes it *only* 19 million for 2022. Imo it makes a ton of sense. We can handle the money with very little expensive players on the team. The only major red flag is that he had neck surgery in 2020, but this year he was playing great until he tore his pec. The injuries are kind of concerning, but might be worth a shot. They were saying 3 2nd round picks might do the trick. If that’s the case then sign me up. 

9D3E2ACB-DBC5-4ABA-A1A9-4A6CEE008287.jpeg

• Thumb Down 2

12 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I read that Burks has FREAKISHLY large hands and needs to have custom 5XL gloves made.  If true, that would give Zach Wilson a Michael Thomas type target with huge mitts. 

It's tempting I must admit. Just look at what Chase has been able to do for Burrows.  It's taken that offense to a whole new level.  The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.  Seeing how our WR's have been underwhelming this year, it's imperitive we get Zach a go to guy. Moore is coming along. Wonderful. But Corey Davis has been a huge disppointment as has been Mims. We just cant afford to miss out on the next great WR. I was listening to Sirrius XM NFL today and they marked Cee Dee Lamb as possibly the next great WR that will emerge in NFL history.  He was taken a few picks after we took Becton. 🤦‍♂️