Impending free agent Morgan Moses would “love” to remain with the Jets

Rhg1084

Would be a mistake not to resign him, especially after how solid he has been all year. Have we not learned anything with are OL problems and injuries. Why take the risk. We are trying to develop a QB and that won’t happen if he is running for his life, Carter and Wilson with a great offensive line is worth it to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It bothers me that we won’t have another starting OT on the roster next year if Becton goes down again. I wish we could make that work with Moses just incase…just don’t see that happening. 

Would be awful if Becton regresses or gets hurt & all we have is Fant.

Fant’s contract status will be the most interesting. He expires after next year. If he gets extended then I don’t know how they fill the depth issue.

If not it lines up kind of nicely to take a tackle semi early in the draft to play the backup role, have him in the wings to take over for Fant after he expires, and if Fant kills it again and Becton is a disaster they can always franchise Fant and have him and the 2022 draft pick at tackle going forward.

I’d think with the uncertainty at the position that’s the way they’ll go forward if they’re as worried about Becton as the fanbase. If they think Becton’s fine then they can just extend Fant and roll the dice heading into next season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s missed major chunks of one season, an entire season and just under a season out of 4.  Beckons not there, it’s a COVID year where a ton of players had annoying injuries knock them out of the lineup and a legit injury when a teammate rolled up on his knee and caused serious damage to that knee. 

The concern with Becton will always be his large frame.

The percentages are not in his favor (as far as staying healthy).

The Jets have no choice but to draft another Tackle in the first 3 rounds (especially with Mosses expected to be gone)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Would be a mistake not to resign him, especially after how solid he has been all year. Have we not learned anything with are OL problems and injuries. Why take the risk. We are trying to develop a QB and that won’t happen if he is running for his life, Carter and Wilson with a great offensive line is worth it to me. 

Would love to have Moses back, but don't think it's realistic.

He knows he deserves to start in this league (and be paid accordingly).

And I'm sure Moses would prefer not to compete with Fant/Becton for a starting job.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Not EXACTLY sure starting 14 games in the NFL and having your knee destroyed on the first half of a new season classifies as 'baby soft,' but I don't work for Merriam Webster, so definitions may very well have changed in the COVID era. 

Wait, exactly when was Bectons knee "destroyed"? From what I remember,  it was a sprained pcl or dislocated kneecap or something relatively routine.  

Stop it. Dude didn't tear ACL/MCL, his knee wasn't "destroyed".

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You never go into an interview with a potential employer and say that your previous place of employment was a dumpster fire, particularly when you’re a player who’s gotten kicked out of two consecutive dumpster fires.

Yet that is exactly what you did when you applied at jets insider lol.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s missed major chunks of one season, an entire season and just under a season out of 4.  Beckons not there, it’s a COVID year where a ton of players had annoying injuries knock them out of the lineup and a legit injury when a teammate rolled up on his knee and caused serious damage to that knee. 

Van Roten was beat and basically yanked down the DT who was then almost launched into Bectons leg. It could’ve been much worse. It was with 1:25 left in the 3rd on the scoring play.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Wait, exactly when was Bectons knee "destroyed"? From what I remember,  it was a sprained pcl or dislocated kneecap or something relatively routine.  

Stop it. Dude didn't tear ACL/MCL, his knee wasn't "destroyed".

Apparently exaggeration is not acceptable when discussing these matters.

Let me rephrase:

Not EXACTLY sure starting 14 games in the NFL and having your a freak accident occur which needed arthroscopic surgery to repair your knee  on the first half of a new season classifies as 'baby soft,' but I don't work for Merriam Webster, so definitions may very well have changed in the COVID era.  

Hopefully that is more acceptable.  Comedy is hard nowadays!

58 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Becton is so unreliable 

Take balls of steel to roll with him being a 17 game starter

100%

You almost HAVE TO count on him missing at least 4-6 games each year.

I'd love if he played all 17 games but most Jets don't play a full season of great football until their contract years.

11 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Apparently exaggeration is not acceptable when discussing these matters.

Let me rephrase:

Not EXACTLY sure starting 14 games in the NFL and having your a freak accident occur which needed arthroscopic surgery to repair your knee  on the first half of a new season classifies as 'baby soft,' but I don't work for Merriam Webster, so definitions may very well have changed in the COVID era.  

Hopefully that is more acceptable.  Comedy is hard nowadays!

Turned a 6 week recovery into see you next year.

Until proven otherwise,  sounds like a guy not interested in getting back to work. 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He missed Major Chunks of last season ..... ?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, RichardTodd27 said:

The Jets have no choice but to draft another Tackle in the first 3 rounds (especially with Mosses expected to be gone)

Where and how do the percentages tell us much?  There have been lots of large frame players who have gone injury free.  And their have been lots of lighter players who have been injured

25 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He missed Major Chunks of last season ..... ?

giphy.gif

Thanks for catching me.  I went COVID brain.  Was going for major chunk of this season and a hanged to the year.  He missed a few games and a few plays.  Without training camp, especially coming from college.  People need to stop making it sound like hell never play healthy.  One JN GM wants to trade hom

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thanks for catching me.  I went COVID brain.  Was going for major chunk of this season and a hanged to the year.  He missed a few games and a few plays.  Without training camp, especially coming from college.  People need to stop making it sound like hell never play healthy.  One JN GM wants to trade hom

The Becton hate is really getting tiresome. The kid tried to play through his injury last season and played more than a few games while injured. At Louisville I believe he played 3 seasons without missing a game to injury. So, this stuff about him being injury prone or soft is

ludacris-l.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The Becton hate is really getting tiresome. The kid tried to play through his injury last season and played more than a few games while injured. At Louisville I believe he played 3 seasons without missing a game to injury. So, this stuff about him being injury prone or soft is

ludacris-l.jpg

It’s all in line with the endless moaning about players before enough time passes to pass judgement.  From Quinnen, to JD, to Saleh, to Elijah Moore to Zach.  It never seems to end.  Some just like to predict the worst from our players while envying every other teams players.  

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

^^This.

In year 4 of the JD regime he has only 1 reliable T under contract in 2022 and zero reliable T under contract in 2023. 

I don’t know how JD can enter 2022 without a backup plan for OT.  That could require drafting a T early OR signing Moses.    My signing Moses and extending Fant, JD checks positions off of his 2022-2023 list with players he already knows and works on filling the other holes. 

• Upvote 1

Moses said from the custodian on up, this is a first class organization.  That wasnt true 2 years ago.

Joe Douglas changed the whole thing.  The firing of adam gase was the end if the pathetic jets as we knew them.

Jet fans need to stop sh!tting on this organization and open their eyes to whats actually taking place.

It took awhile butWoody got it.  He found the right guy and got out of the way.  This is the start of the glory years for this franchise.

Get on board now!!!  Dont be left behind and miserable.

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Remember, Moses turned down a two-year deal from the Jets so he could get to free agency after this season. He made $5 mil here. Maybe he thinks he can get eight mil per somewhere else?

A bit different situation in that he signed here 2 months after the 2021 draft. He’ll have plenty more options if/when he’s a UFA in March 2022.

I think Douglas will take the money - and maybe the 2023 4th round comp pick - and run on Moses.

If Douglas was such an inherent believer in the 3-starting-OT roster then he wouldn’t have waited until almost July for Moses to suddenly become available. 

However given how sage-like he looks for signing Moses in hindsight, I do think he’ll again shop in that same ~$4MM range for an OT3. Becton & Fant are still a cheap duo and after Becton missed the whole season no one’s going to feel any bad luck sympathy for the GM if he plays it too cheap and either starter misses significant time again with an Edoga-level OT3.

• Upvote 1