2022 Starting Left Tackle

Bronx

2022 Starting Left Tackle   

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do we start Fant or Bacon?

Just now, heymangold said:

Becton will be the LT.  They invested a first round pick in him.  He’ll be given every opportunity to succeed there.

And a second on Mims. I like Fant's chances here. Why shelve Bacon the rest of the year and not give him reps? I believe that Saleh and LaFleur don't have much faith in him.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, undertow said:

I would be interested in how Becton would react to being moved to the right side...would he embrace the change and act like a pro or sulk and mail it in?

I think he will be moved.  He'll still have two more years to get back to the left side after 2022 if they don't extend Fant.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, undertow said:

Hopefully it's a motivating factor.  I'm sure he wants that left tackle money.

You are a 1st round pick, playing in the NFL and on the biggest market Nueva York. What more motivation do you need? I am tired of people making excuses for lackluster performers.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Bronx said:

You are a 1st round pick playing in the NFL on the biggest market Nueva York. What more motivation do you need? I am tired of people making excuses for lackluster performers.

Who's making excuses?  It's seems Becton may not be the hardest worker and maybe a little flaky so I'm wondering how he would react to the switch.

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

Becton will be the LT.  They invested a first round pick in him.  He’ll be given every opportunity to succeed there.

These jobs have to be merit based and Fant has plapyed at a level where clearly he is better as a LT and Becton has done nothing but have a poor pre-season, an unfortunate injury and an inability to get back on the field.  

He should spend the offseason learning RT and Fant should be resigned for 3 and $30 (if he would even take that) to be the LT through the end of ZWs contract.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

And a second on Mims. I like Fant's chances here. Why shelve Bacon the rest of the year and not give him reps? I believe that Saleh and LaFleur don't have much faith in him.

Mims has proven he can’t do it.  If becton didn’t get hurt, he’d still be the LT.  I think he’s given the opportunity to be it until he proves he can’t.  Sure the injuries are a worry but when he was healthy last year he was pretty good.

48 minutes ago, BCJet said:

These jobs have to be merit based and Fant has plapyed at a level where clearly he is better as a LT and Becton has done nothing but have a poor pre-season, an unfortunate injury and an inability to get back on the field.  

He should spend the offseason learning RT and Fant should be resigned for 3 and $30 (if he would even take that) to be the LT through the end of ZWs contract.

And I believe that the coach and GM will give the first round pick a chance to prove he can do it.

21 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Mims has proven he can’t do it.  If becton didn’t get hurt, he’d still be the LT.  I think he’s given the opportunity to be it until he proves he can’t.  Sure the injuries are a worry but when he was healthy last year he was pretty good.

Lawson beat him repeatedly during OTAS  and the offensive line was below performance when Becton was on the field. On the flip side, adjustments were made during the season (LaFleur/booth) and the OL has been above average since. 

I want to believe in Becton and for him to succeed, but my gut feeling tells me otherwise. 

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

The idea that the coaching staff 'doesn't have faith' in Becton is absurd.

It's due to the fact that he's played for half a game the whole season and his injury has lasted 2x as long as it should have, many people are speculating that the coaching staff doesn't think he could be effective. I think that's a ton of bullcrap, but it's what people think