Jump to content

Ross Pierschbacher


Copernicus
 Share

Recommended Posts

With Connor McGovern out we will hopefully elevate Ross Pierschbacher from the practice squade. This could be a big opportunity for him and possible draft implications in regards to Tyler Lindenbaum. Any Alabama fans with more insight on this player? We've been developing him for awhile. The way that Isaiha Williams played recently I am even more intruged by Peirschbacher.

Ourlads' Profile:

2019 Guide: What Ourlads' NFL Scouting Services said about ROSS PIERSCHBACHER: Alabama, 6035 307 5.22. Four year starter from Cedar Falls, IA. Started 42 games at left guard for the Tide before moving over to center in the spring of 2018. A disciplined player who rarely draws a penalty to hurt his team. Good eyes and awareness to pick up inside twist stunts. Plays with hand strength and violence. Runs his feet on choke blocks. Works to anchor down a bull rush. Bends his knees and keeps his hands high in pass protection. Plays with good technique and body control. Versatile enough to play all three inside positions. Quick enough to snap and pull to the perimeter. The All SEC first-team lineman can adjust on the run. Demonstrates good depth and approach on pulls to kick out and log perimeter support. Experienced in both shotgun and a conventional snap. Needs to get stronger to anchor the inside push of 325-pound plus nose tackles. OSR:37/39. Fourth/fifth round. (A- 32 1/8, H-10, BP-20, 10-1.83).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, varjet said:

The Jets have OL on their practice squad who logically look like better players on the active roster. 

All I can say is that he has sat on the PS all season and not sniffed a real game - even last week after MC Govern injury. So, something doesn't add up. Yes he has a college pedigree but some reason the coaches are not willing to give him a shot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pierschbacher (6-4, 315) was drafted by Washington in the fifth round in 2019 out of Alabama. He spent most of the 2020 season on Washington's practice squad and was signed to Philadelphia's active roster Dec. 14, 2020. He spent the training camp with the Eagles before he was waived and re-signed to their practice squad. He was then cut from the PS Sept. 9. Pierschbacher has played in 8 games – 5 in 2019 with WAS and 3 in 2020 with PHI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

I think it will be Feeney at center now that AVT is back.

Im all for playing young guys, but cant risk a rookie with limited experience making line calls and accidentally getting Zach killed.

Feeney will purposely get Zach killed. At least Ross will have plausible deniability

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I think it will be Feeney at center now that AVT is back.

Im all for playing young guys, but cant risk a rookie with limited experience making line calls and accidentally getting Zach killed.

I agree. What makes Washington cut their 2018 5th round pick after 1 year? Then Philly tries him for one year and then cuts him. Then the Jets take him in 2021 and keep him on the PS all year and never call him up. All that tells me he's not very good.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jets1958 said:

I agree. What makes Washington cut their 2018 5th round pick after 1 year? Then Philly tries him for one year and then cuts him. Then the Jets take him in 2021 and keep him on the PS all year and never call him up. All that tells me he's not very good.

He’s good he’s just no Dan Feeney!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Feeney will purposely get Zach killed. At least Ross will have plausible deniability

What’s really stealth about it is that it won’t look any differently than Feeney trying his best to protect the QB. It took him years of setting his low baseline to plan for just this moment.

Such elaborate planning is only surprising until learning that Feeney is the USA’s #11 ranked chess player since 2018* — a fact few realize.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*2018-2021 PFF rank: among the USA’s top chess players Feeney is ranked #11 in pass blocking. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What’s really stealth about it is that it won’t look any differently than Feeney trying his best to protect the QB. It took him years of setting his low baseline to plan for just this moment.

Such elaborate planning is only surprising until learning that Feeney is the USA’s #11 ranked chess player since 2018* — a fact few realize.

*2018-2021 PFF rank: among the USA’s top chess players Feeney is ranked #11 in pass blocking. 

All right Sperm.  I'm going to quiz you on something I'm confident you'll know the answer to.

Which HOF QB was also a state champion typist when he was in high school?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...