So why are Bowl games so vastly vastly vastly vastly more dangerous than any other football game?

Beerfish

On 12/30/2021 at 2:24 PM, Beerfish said:

I hear the arguments (and i consider them lame), that all bowl games cept the final four are now just glorified exhibition games, yada yada yada.  You don't need one extra week to practice your 3 cone.  I want football players that say 'Hey this is my  team and I want to help them win perhaps the last game they will ever play.'

Oh I'll play game 9 or 10 versus west tuskegee state college but play against a real team week later?  Oh noes! I might get hurt?! 

May as well pull a Sewel or Chase and just sit out your entire final year.

I know I'll get lectured on this as I bring it up yearly but it bugs me.  And yeah I am stuck in the past so get off my damn lawn.

Bump.

Jameson Williams

On 12/30/2021 at 8:38 PM, Beerfish said:

I also don;t care what anyone says even these nothing bowl games can have an effect on your draft spot.

A guy like pickett puts up huge yards, tds and a win in this game is going to help him, he is not friggin trevor lawrence.

Same with Karlaftis, if he played that game and racked off 4 sacks then people might start looking at him closer to the top two guys.

If it is all about injuries then half the players in the nat playoffs should sit out.

Yep, just look at the effect the bowl game had on Jameson Williams' draft position