No Jets, but which of the 15 Modern Era NFL HoF Finalists deserve to be Inducted?

Sarge4Tide

HOF Finalists  

48 members have voted

1. 1. If I had a vote, I would vote for the following finalists to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame (select all that apply)

• Jared Allen, DE
    • Willie Anderson, OT
    • Ronde Barber, DB
    • Tony Boselli, T
    • LeRoy Butler, S
    • Devin Hester, PR/KR/WR
    • Torry Holt, WR
    • Andre Johnson, WR
    • Sam Mills, LB
    • Richard Seymour, DE/DT
    • Zach Thomas, LB
    • DeMarcus Ware, LB
    • Reggie Wayne, WR
    • Patrick Willis, LB
    • Bryant Young, DE/DT

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Klecko is more deserving than any of them. One of the weaker finalist lists. Only Hester is really a stand out

I think possibly the only person on this site who doesn't think Klecko is worthy of the HOF is SAR I.  And he's not really even on this site anymore.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think possibly the only person on this site who doesn't think Klecko is worthy of the HOF is SAR I.  And he's not really even on this site anymore.

Weird thing is that even several of the actual voters think he should be in. My guess is that some core group probably led by Peter King have like a pact to just never vote for him.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Surprised at a few of the results of this.  Boselli played like 6 years.

The WR list is a who's who of getting shut the f'ck down by Darrelle Revis.

So Sammy Watkins is a shoe-in then?   He was great for 3-4 years and tremendous in 09-10.  And then he went from average to terrible from '12 on.  And IMO (and others) he tarnished his play on the field with his constant contract issues and hold outs and threatened hold outs.  It contributed to the downfall of the franchise over the past 10 years.   I just don't like him at all.  One of the most selfish players of all-time.  If there were a wing the HOF for selfish players who valued money more than winning, Mevi$ might be the poster boy.  

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So Sammy Watkins is a shoe-in then?   He was great for 3-4 years and tremendous in 09-10.  And then he went from average to terrible from '12 on.  And IMO (and others) he tarnished his play on the field with his constant contract issues and hold outs and threatened hold outs.  It contributed to the downfall of the franchise over the past 10 years.   I just don't like him at all.  One of the most selfish players of all-time.  If there were a wing the HOF for selfish players who valued money more than winning, Mevi$ might be the poster boy.  

money and selfish shave ZERO to do with hof ability. 

Also your example is very poor Sammie watkins has never been the best offensive player in a year and never been the best at his position for about 5 years running.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

money and selfish shave ZERO to do with hof ability. 

Also your example is very poor Sammie watkins has never been the best offensive player in a year and never been the best at his position for about 5 years running.

The Sammie Watkins reference was sarcastic.  I should have made that clear.  We can agree to disagree on the impact selfishness and contract disputes have on a career though. I think it is very important when it negatively impacts the team and availability. It is a team sport and the goal is for the team to win, not to make the most money or to be individually great at the expense of the team.  Revis  was all about Revis and not the Jets.  When a player holds out and it negatively impacts his team and his performance, that is like a self inflicted injury.  Revis did that repeatedly and it hurt the team.  I would never ever have put T Owens in the HOF.  His selfishness damaged multiple teams - the 49ers, Ravens, Eagles - and his teammates.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Huh?  Are you thinking of Tony Mandarich (Packers OT, # 2 overall pick in 1989)?

Boselli’s career was fairly short (8 years) but he was a 5x Pro Bowler and 3x All-Pro in that span. 

You are correct, I got them mixed up.  Boselli was excellent, Mandarich was a Jetesque bust.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Was Watkins the unprecedented #1 player at his position for 4-5 years straight? Didn’t think so 

Bryant Young is so underrated, it's criminal. 

I'd put Willie Anderson in too, but that's in for this list. 

Wayne and Johnson were good players, but in this modern video game-like rules, a hall of fame receiver needs otherworldly stats.  Wayne was a number 2 receiver most of his career. 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:23 PM, johnnysd said:

Klecko is more deserving than any of them. One of the weaker finalist lists. Only Hester is really a stand out

Reggie Wayne averaging 1,024 yards a year for 14 seasons isnt a standout?

Torry Holt averaging 1,216 yards a year for 11 years isnt either?  

7 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Revis was only good for 3-4 years?  LOL

No one thinks his one hold out tarnished his legacy to the point of not voting him into the HOF. 

But I do love the idea that Revis was the only player you believe cared that much about money.