1966 NFL record in jeopardy this weekend

Bronx

15 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'm feeling 35-18. The 18 comes from three late garbage time TDs and three missed two point conversions. Two of the TDs will be a pick 6 and a fumble return for a TD. 

Saleh is back. 

He doesnt have the testicular fortitude to go for 2pts and 4th and 1s like Coach Ronald "Brass Nuts" Middleton.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

This record belongs to the 1966 game between Washington and New York Giants, in which the New York franchise was the worst of the season, with a record of 1-12-1 and allowing 501 points. During the aforementioned game, Washington scored 72 points.

Bucs 75 -  Jets 3

*Fun fact thread...relax and smoke mota.

You accidently reversed the order.  

Star Trek Dumb Smile GIF by reactionseditor

Bucc's will blitz ZW like Miami did to that poor guy N.O. was forced to play. Bowles figures that the Bucc's will put up more than enough points to make up for ZW hitting a hot WR on a zero blitz, once or twice. So he has no worries and looks for some payback for getting fired. ZW may not finish the game.

The cheating dirtbag TB* will do everything he can to embarrass the Jets. I'll count this game as a victory if he gets hit/sacked 5 times.

10 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You mean like Saleh has been doing all year?

Saleh has not been doing it all year like Brass Nuts has. 

Saleh had to do it because he put his teams into positions where they HAD to. 

Brass Nuts did it because he WANTED to. 

Big difference. 

12 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Saleh has not been doing it all year like Brass Nuts has. 

Saleh had to do it because he put his teams into positions where they HAD to. 

Brass Nuts did it because he WANTED to. 

Big difference. 

Saleh has been doing it all year.

Jets at the top of league on going for it on 4th down in situation the increase win percentage - ***Savage69 NY Jets Forum*** - JetNation.com

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I know. Again, because his teams were in situations where they had to do so. 

Ron Middleton didnt have to, but he choose to.

13 hours ago, JTJet said:

Saleh is back. 

He doesnt have the testicular fortitude to go for 2pts and 4th and 1s like Coach Ronald "Brass Nuts" Middleton.

Jets this year have had 27 fourth down attempts. Not quite averaging 2 per game, but close. 

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

Jets this year have had 27 fourth down attempts. Not quite averaging 2 per game, but close. 

Again, I know. 

Theres a gigantic difference between needing to go for 4th down because you're in a bad situation, and choosing to do so when you're not. 

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Again, I know. 

Theres a gigantic difference between needing to go for 4th down because you're in a bad situation, and choosing to do so when you're not. 

Good job Mr Nuts had the incredible fortitude to take over against the Jags then, otherwise he'd be in the exact same boat. ;-) 

34 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I've got a strange feeling about the game this week.  I'm not going to go as far as making any predictions though.

Could just be gas. :shrug:

Due to the amount of guys who were out last week it'll be like playing after a bye week - everyone should be well rested! :D