Damien Woody’s warning for Mekhi Becton with bust whispers starting

Anthony Jet

2 hours ago, Barton said:

It's WHY he is missing games that's the issue. It's because he's mentally soft/complete idiot. 

Or injured. He played 3 seasons in college. He started 13 games last season and even tried to play through an injury. There is nothing on the ledger to prove your speculative point other than he had a real injury this season and did not return when expected. Forgive me if I take a wait and see approach rather than jump to your monumental conclusion based on this season. But, hey, we all got opinions, right?

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Or injured. He played 3 seasons in college. He started 13 games last season and even tried to play through an injury. There is nothing on the ledger to prove your speculative point other than he had a real injury this season and did not return when expected. Forgive me if I take a wait and see approach rather than jump to your monumental conclusion based on this season. But, hey, we all got opinions, right?

Why dont the coaches like him?

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

If you believe only positive praise is appropriate?  I think you missed what it means to be a fan of sports team.   Again, ripping the team's play or a player's performance is part of the gig.   Players know the drill.   Guess the sting of criticism is assuaged by the millions they receive to play a game.

Or it’s about venting to feel better about our own ineptitude.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

Or it’s about venting to feel better about our own ineptitude.

For me?  No.

An inherent part of sport is the viewer expressing opinions about what he or her is witnessing.  I would bet heated discussions were around as far back as when competition first became a part of the human experience.

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Ultimately, isn't that part of the gig?   High pick players like Becton come into a team with effusive praise from the owner, GM and media.  After all that "huckstering", injuries or not, shouldn't we as fans expect better than what Becton has shown us so far?  I would say yes,

Because he had knee surgery and it took longer than they thought it would to heal?

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

He was 364 pounds at the combine.  You know, where players train for months to come in at their best physical condition.  Tristan Wirfs was ALWAYS the right pick and that was in evidence when he broke Brandon Scherff's weightlifting record at Iowa.  All the evidence was there, but apparently our GM is no detective, instead using a ridiculous paint-by-numbers "system" that is obviously very flawed.

One is a LT, the other a RT.  

Why does this get lost in the argument?  

And the combine, where he tested faster in the 40 than Wirfs?  

There was no evidence there, MB wasnt injury prone In college.  

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Or that he's not that motivated to get back.  Right now, either explanation is plausible.

No its not, youre just guessing that hes not motivated because it fits your narrative of the fat, lazy OL.  

Different people heal differently.  If he wasnt motivated I'm sure a Tony Pauline would have made up a story 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ghost420 said:

Why even rush him back this season?

At this point?  It would make no sense.  I agree. 

Never happen.  But wouldn't it make sense for the team to give a complete accounting of WTF happened during Becton's recovery?  Did the doctors screw up the surgery?  Is he not motivated?  What?

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No its not, youre just guessing that hes not motivated because it fits your narrative of the fat, lazy OL.  

Different people heal differently.  If he wasnt motivated I'm sure a Tony Pauline would have made up a story 

You're also assuming his injury took longer to heal.  We don't know if that's true or not.  

The issue was made bigger by the team's lack of plausible updates.  All we get is some tweet of Becton standing around in sweats with a "he's making progress" caption.   Then we don't see him for a few more weeks.  They are not doing him any favors.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

At this point?  It would make no sense.  I agree. 

Never happen.  But wouldn't it make sense for the team to give a complete accounting of WTF happened during Becton's recovery?  Did the doctors screw up the surgery?  Is he not motivated?  What?

Complete accounting to who? 

2 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

You just don't know how to have fun.

If Becton has a 15-year career and makes the hall of fame, cool.

But it wouldn't do nearly as much for me as it would if he showed up for training camp next year and got stuck in the front door.

LOL - billions invested in the internet; make it fast and reliable so some guy can sit on his computer and analyze me, tell me that I don't understand him and that I don't know how to have fun. 2021 is going out like a bang.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ghost420 said:

Complete accounting to who? 

Fans, especially ticket holders who pay money to see the best product on the field.  If Becton's doctors/healing is the issue, say it.   If he's half-assing it, then just let us know.   Otherwise, all you have is frustrated speculation which is where we're at with Becton.

7 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - billions invested in the internet; make it fast and reliable so some guy can sit on his computer and analyze me, tell me that I don't understand him and that I don't know how to have fun. 2021 is going out like a bang.

Okay, compared to your comebacks, complaining about people laughing at your football heroes is fun. But I still like my thing better.

26 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You're also assuming his injury took longer to heal.  We don't know if that's true or not.  

The issue was made bigger by the team's lack of plausible updates.  All we get is some tweet of Becton standing around in sweats with a "he's making progress" caption.   Then we don't see him for a few more weeks.  They are not doing him any favors.

I do assume.  Because theres nothing to indicate otherwise.  Other than injuries take different amount of times to heal with different people.  Sequan Barkley has been out all year with a sprained ankle, is he unmotivated to get back?  

The team doest owe a bunch of fans who dream up bust theories because he hasnt gotten back yet a plausible update.  In fact there were a lot of "he cant wait to get back on the field, but cant" updates

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I do assume.  Because theres nothing to indicate otherwise.  Other than injuries take different amount of times to heal with different people.  Sequan Barkley has been out all year with a sprained ankle, is he unmotivated to get back?  

The team doest owe a bunch of fans who dream up bust theories because he hasnt gotten back yet a plausible update.  In fact there were a lot of "he cant wait to get back on the field, but cant" updates

Barkley sucks too. Soft.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

One is a LT, the other a RT.  

Why does this get lost in the argument?  

And the combine, where he tested faster in the 40 than Wirfs?  

There was no evidence there, MB wasnt injury prone In college.  

He is a tackle and can play either side.  He played RT in college because his QB was left-handed and he was the best athlete to cover the blind side.  When he went to TB, they kept him there because why would you put a rookie at LT when you have Tom Brady running the show?

As for the Combine 40---don't know where you're getting your info but the numbers posted show Wirfs ran a 4.85 and Becton ran a 5.1.

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's clearly a sports bra.

If the HC wasn't Saleh - and was more of a douchebag/Parcells type - I'd think it was some type of motivational punishment, like putting on a dunce cap or calling a player "she" to get a reaction. In another time in history it may have been a dress; in 2021 it's a sports bra.

He looks appropriately upset/ashamed to be wearing it, so I'm going to reluctantly side with that stance until I hear a better explanation lol.

Mansier 

• Upvote 1