*** College Football Game Day 12/31 *** - The playoffs begin

Beerfish

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

If Bennett can hold tight - and I don’t want to get ahead of myself -  but we have a shot.

Unfortunately I've seen that before with a few other Georgia so so QBs over the years.  Sooner or later inferiro Qbing from Georgia costs them.

Fromm, Eason, Murray

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

If Bennett can hold tight - and I don’t want to get ahead of myself -  but we have a shot.

I think UGA will overwhelm Michigan.  Setting up Bennett with some short fields.

That and Michigan winning a playoff game would be horrific for my current state of mind....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Unfortunately I've seen that before with a few other Georgia so so QBs over the years.  Sooner or later inferiro Qbing from Georgia costs them.

Fromm, Eason, Murray

Agree for the most part, but I think Bennett is a bit more dynamic than those guys. He can at least use his legs and make plays downfield.

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Agree for the most part, but I think Bennett is a bit more dynamic than those guys. He can at least use his legs and make plays downfield.

Bennett to Pickens all day.   Michigan can’t cover him with just their corners so they’ll have to use a safety over the top of him which should open up Bowers even more.  I think Stetson plays well today.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Bennett to Pickens all day.   Michigan can’t cover him with just their corners so they’ll have to use a safety over the top of him which should open up Bowers even more.  I think Stetson plays well today.  

Combine that with the fact that Michigan’s D is going to have to play close to the line of scrimmage early if we start off running the ball well & often. There will be opportunities for big plays downfield today. It’s just about taking advantage.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Combine that with the fact that Michigan’s D is going to have to play close to the line of scrimmage early if we start off running the ball well & often. There will be opportunities for big plays downfield today. It’s just about taking advantage.

Agreed.  I would love to be drawing up route combinations with Pickens, Bowers and Cook.   Monken should have some good stuff for tonight.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Georgia is going to win imo it is not because the qb to wr or te shines  It ill be because they can run it on a consistent basis.

The way Michigan plays defense, it’s more likely that Georgia will need to throw to open up the run game.   Monken will call this game “backwards” from what Georgia usually does.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The way Michigan plays defense, it’s more likely that Georgia will need to throw to open up the run game.   Monken will call this game “backwards” from what Georgia usually does.  

Perhaps but with michigans two rush ends that is a risky prop.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Predictions.      Bama  late score to cover. Cincy plays tough and show they belong. Michigan wins outright( sorry @Lith

I don't know.  I am surprisingly calm today.  I am sure that will change in a few hours, but as of now, I Iam not stressing at all over the game.  That is not necessarily a good thing.  Very much a Same Ol Dawgs mentality after the beatdown by Bama a few weeks ago.  I just don't believe in this team right now.   

We are good enough to beat most teams; with a great defense and a game manager at QB, but we are not beating the elite this way.  Dawgs always manage to lose their biggest game of the year, and we can't beat Bama.  I don't see that changing over the course of the next 10 days.

Go Dawgs, I guess.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I don't know.  I am surprisingly calm today.  I am sure that will change in a few hours, but as of now, I Iam not stressing at all over the game.  That is not necessarily a good thing.  Very much a Same Ol Dawgs mentality after the beatdown by Bama a few weeks ago.  I just don't believe in this team right now.   

We are good enough to beat most teams; with a great defense and a game manager at QB, but we are not beating the elite this way.  Dawgs always manage to lose their biggest game of the year, and we can't beat Bama.  I don't see that changing over the course of the next 10 days.

Go Dawgs, I guess.

All that bad karma was before you became a mod, right? New slate for the Dawgs??Happy New Year and good luck later.

• Upvote 1