*** College Football Game Day 12/31 *** - The playoffs begin

Beerfish

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

Congrats on the win. Still have a sneaky suspicion that one of your guys on D is gonna be a Jet.

Thanks.

Lot of guys to choose from.  Dean is the guy I would want, but Wyatt, Tindall, T Walker, N Smith would be nice fits.  And guys like Kendrick/Cine could be good day 3 picks to add depth to the secondary. 

Watching Dean fly around the field last night, making plays in the passing game, reading and reacting to the sreens and having the speed to blow up the plays, blitzing effectively, forcing a fumble. He is exactly what this defense needs.  Although top 10 may be a bit early for him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks.

Lot of guys to choose from.  Dean is the guy I would want, but Wyatt, Tindall, T Walker, N Smith would be nice fits.  And guys like Kendrick/Cine could be good day 3 picks to add depth to the secondary. 

Watching Dean fly around the field last night, making plays in the passing game, reading and reacting to the sreens and having the speed to blow up the plays, blitzing effectively, forcing a fumble. He is exactly what this defense needs.  Although top 10 may be a bit early for him.

Absolutely. Roquan Smith Jr. 

40 minutes ago, Lith said:

Although top 10 may be a bit early for him

I think trading back with the #4 pick would be advantageous if the 2 Edge rushers are off the board. WFT, Pitt or Denver( again looking for Qb) may want Pickett ahead of Carolina  

Karlaftis may be there at 7 or do you surrender pick 37(ish) and move up for Thibs or Hutchinson?

Then we are better positioned to not reach for Center, OT,  LB or 2nd tier Edge. 

48 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sorry if watching two really good teams bores you.  I guess you are not used to that over the past few years.

No like genuinely 2 of the most boring Football games I’ve ever seen all to just have a repeat of the SEC championship, which was another snooze fest.  I have zero rooting interest, I want good Football, this IMO, is terrible.  Worst possible outcome, we saw this game 2 weeks ago and it sucked.  

And I’m pretty sure we pushed your sh*t in just a year ago and won the east but we actually put up a fight in the SEC champ game, unlike Georgia.  

Hope Bama putts another boot heel in Georgia’s ass and it’s what, 42 years and counting? 

Happy New Year!

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, heymangold said:

he's a florida fan, that's why. i mean, they just lost to UCF for goodness sakes.

Yes, Florida fans really cared about the Gasparilla bowl with an interim head coach and 12 players out.  I haven’t slept since that devastating loss.  

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

No like genuinely 2 of the most boring Football games I’ve ever seen all to just have a repeat of the SEC championship, which was another snooze fest.  I have zero rooting interest, I want good Football, this IMO, is terrible.  Worst possible outcome, we saw this game 2 weeks ago and it sucked.  

And I’m pretty sure we pushed your sh*t in just a year ago and won the east but we actually put up a fight in the SEC champ game, unlike Georgia.  

Hope Bama putts another boot heel in Georgia’s ass and it’s what, 42 years and counting? 

Happy New Year!

So, you are boasting over your one win against us in the last 5 years, and a less worse loss to Bama.  I hate those guys more than the Gators, at least we can beat you guys.

Happy New Year to you too!!!

18 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Oh, did he now?

Both Ojabo and Hutchinson were neutralized. 
Looks as Thibedeaux is the lock at #1

I always laugh at the over reactions, either positive or negative, of just one bowl game.   We see it every year where people tune in for the first time to watch some of these kids and then formulate definitive opinions based on that sole performance.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I always laugh at the over reactions, either positive or negative, of just one bowl game.   We see it every year where people tune in for the first time to watch some of these kids and then formulate definitive opinions based on that sole performance.  

Sometimes a high profile Michigan player could get a bit overrated IMO. Not saying Hutchinson is, but there will be a deeper dive into the pass rushers in the next few months

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Do you have Hutchinson ahead of Thibodeau? I just like Thibs speed and bend better in the Wide 9. Although Hutchinson strength seems Bosa-like. Knowing Jets, we draft A 4-3 edge, Saleh and staff get fired in a year or two and we bring in a 3-4 system next hire

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Do you have Hutchinson ahead of Thibodeau? I just like Thibs speed and bend better in the Wide 9. Although Hutchinson strength seems Bosa-like. Knowing Jets, we draft A 4-3 edge, Saleh and staff get fired in a year or two and we bring in a 3-4 system next hire

If you’re drafting Thibodeaux first overall you are doing so based largely on his freshman season 3 years ago, because his last two seasons haven’t shown that type of player IMO.  That’s a scary proposition.  

I think you have a better idea of what you are getting in Hutchinson based on his performances this season.   I don’t love either guy to be honest.   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

If you’re drafting Thibodeaux first overall you are doing so based largely on his freshman season 3 years ago, because his last two seasons haven’t shown that type of player IMO.  That’s a scary proposition.  

I think you have a better idea of what you are getting in Hutchinson based on his performances this season.   I don’t love either guy to be honest.   

Thibodeaux is a walking red flag. 

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So who’s your top 5?

I confess that I don’t follow CFB like other’s do here. Curious on where everyone has their rankings

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Yes, Florida fans really cared about the Gasparilla bowl with an interim head coach and 12 players out.  I haven’t slept since that devastating loss.  

was mainly just pointing out your dislike for georgia - but it also stems from the fact that florida sucks and produces terrible nfl players.  just look at the jets roster.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

i've said it for a couple months now - thibodeaux and hutchinson don't make sense to me as consensus top 1 and 2 picks.  they just don't have the constant production to warrant it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

i've said it for a couple months now - thibodeaux and hutchinson don't make sense to me as consensus top 1 and 2 picks.  they just don't have the constant production to warrant it.

Doesnt seem like a QB will get to 1. Too early to tell but Neal going 1 wouldnt shock me.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Doesnt seem like a QB will get to 1. Too early to tell but Neal going 1 wouldnt shock me.

the way the NFL is QB crazy, it might.  Pickett has some real upside, Howell was a hot name going into the season, then Corral garnered some heisman buzz.  i like that Corral is playing for Ole Miss today, shows some leadership IMO.

• Upvote 2

Just now, heymangold said:

the way the NFL is QB crazy, it might.  Pickett has some real upside, Howell was a hot name going into the season, then Corral garnered some heisman buzz.  i like that Corral is playing for Ole Miss today, shows some leadership IMO.

Media loves quitting and skipping bowl games, but Thibedeux skipping the bowl was weak as hell.

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

So who’s your top 5?

I confess that I don’t follow CFB like other’s do here. Curious on where everyone has their rankings

At this point I haven’t even thought about where all these guys fall.   There aren’t many elite prospects at the top of this draft, that’s why you are going to see very little “consensus” with the first 8-10 picks.   The highest graded guys will probably be a center and a safety, positions you don’t really draft that high.   Hutch and Thibs aren’t Bosa, Garrett and Young type players so there isn’t great value there.   I think everyone is going to want to trade out of the top of the draft, there just isn’t very much difference between 1 and 20 IMO.     If you can’t trade out then right now I’m “reaching” for edge and WR maybe even a LBer like Dean.  

8 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Matt Corral is a good QB. I wouldn’t be surprised if a team trades up for him. I don’t think Detroit will take him. Goff has a 31 million dollar cap hit.