*** College Football Game Day 12/31 *** - The playoffs begin

Beerfish

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol, no. I don't think he was on the radar to start season.. true sophomore i think? 

Just by happenstance, I've been watching Ohio st games today, although i went in looking for 5 and 2, 11 popped just as often - and sometimes in more impressive fashion. He might be the most naturally gifted of the trio. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol, no. I don't think he was on the radar to start season.. true sophomore i think? 

Just by happenstance, I've been watching Ohio st games today, although i went in looking for 5 and 2, 11 popped just as often - and sometimes in more impressive fashion. He might be the most naturally gifted of the trio. 

The 3 of them did a segment on game day a few weeks ago

and they all agreed that Njigba was by far the most talented 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

The 3 of them did a segment on game day a few weeks ago

and they all agreed that Njigba was by far the most talented 

Not surprised. I’m in the weeds of parenthood and don’t get a lot of flex time on Saturdays to watch games live. So some narratives/news escapes me — point being I didn’t know 11 existed before today (burned through about 4-5 O.St. Games) and still I walked away thinking ok file that guy away for next year - he’s gonna be a thing.

Ohio state has kind of poor man’s Alabama WR thing happening this year - akin to Alabama a couple years ago with 4 nfl WRs… all 3 will be nfl prospects… but don’t think I’d give Wilson or Olave 1st round grades. 3rd for Olave even. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Just turned on the game and Corral got hurt? Just saw him hobbling on crutches.

Props to @RobR who downvoted me for saying I’d tell my kid to sit out one of these exhibition/scrimmage bowl games.

I've still not seen the people saying this tell me where you draw the line.  Half the games in a college season are glorified ex games where one team beats the brains in of a lower echelon team. 

Games 1 through 11 are oh so critical game 12 is to be avoided at all costs.

IF it is about not jeopardizing your pro career then every top end player for Georgia, bama, Michgan and cincy should have sat out the last games.  College playoffs ?  meh  Why risk it?

Seems like Corral avoided any major injury.

From USA Today/Draftwire

After the game, Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin told the media that x-rays were negative on Corral’s injury, and indicated that the injury didn’t appear to be one that would impact his status for the upcoming NFL draft.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Seems like Corral avoided any major injury.

From USA Today/Draftwire

After the game, Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin told the media that x-rays were negative on Corral’s injury, and indicated that the injury didn’t appear to be one that would impact his status for the upcoming NFL draft.

Hopefully just a high sprain. As if that isn't bad enough.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Hopefully just a high sprain. As if that isn't bad enough.

That seems to be the general consensus from the twitter docs.  With the season over, take 4-6 weeks to rehab and he should be fine.  May impact training for the combine, but he should be ready for pro day and I doubt it will impact his draft position.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

That seems to be the general consensus from the twitter docs.  With the season over, take 4-6 weeks to rehab and he should be fine.  May impact training for the combine, but he should be ready for pro day and I doubt it will impact his draft position.

I am sure clubs will take notice of his willingness to play in a relatively "meaningless" game, and that will vault his status for some clubs. Have a lot of respect for him.

• Upvote 1

I know some of these games were barn burners entertaining but let’s face it many of them not good all around football. When a receiver not even their top rated player is so unstoppable can’t be covered almost every pass thrown to him is a big play he gets over 300 receiving yards on the day it’s not good football. There were reasons lack of personnel etc but these programs thrive on depth many of their players are top recruits including reserve players.