*** College Football Game Day 12/31 *** - The playoffs begin

Beerfish

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I agree that the time for independence is long over but money is reality for the tv rights. 

I'm not saying Cincy doesn't belong because they lost to Bama, I'm saying they dont belong because their schedule was a cupcake. They barely beat ND. 

Cincy at 13-0 with a soft schedule

Or 

ND at 12-1 with a hard schedule

If Cincy plays the schedule that ND played, 100 bucks says they wouldnt have even been in a bowl game. 

You keep saying NDs schedule was hard - and while they have more name brand opponents - it wasn’t very difficult.  Stanford, VT, FSU, USC all weren’t good this year. Virginia was 6-6 and a middling team and Toledo isn’t good, which took a comeback from ND. The win against Wisconsin was a solid one. And they “barely” lost to that soft scheduled fraud Cincy by 11.  I guess it’s not fair to gauge them on how they’ll do against OSU but I don’t think they’ll win that one either.

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

You keep saying NDs schedule was hard - and while they have more name brand opponents - it wasn’t very difficult.  Stanford, VT, FSU, USC all weren’t good this year. Virginia was 6-6 and a middling team and Toledo isn’t good, which took a comeback from ND. The win against Wisconsin was a solid one. And they “barely” lost to that soft scheduled fraud Cincy by 11.  I guess it’s not fair to gauge them on how they’ll do against OSU but I don’t think they’ll win that one either.

Notre Dame hasn't belonged in plenty of playoffs, let's just let Cincinnati not belong this year. ?

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

Yes some of those programs didnt have very good years, but A - They also have really hard schedules, so naturally their schedule will reflect that, and B - They have unquestionably better talent on them than really anything Cincy faced at all. 

You cannot look me in the face and tell me that if you switched ND and Cincys schedules that Cincy would be undefeated, BUT ND would easily have the same record.

That says a whole lot. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Cook is going to be an interesting eval at the SB and such.. been used as a COP back his whole collegiate career. But is there more there?

Long and short answer yes.  He is very much like his brother, running style can catch.  He may not be Dalvin but dalvin lite is still a very useful player.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Georgia wants that Alabama rematch... and where is Hutchinson? He can cement his place as the #1 prospect tonight and in the championship game if they make it

OR 

He could have a sortaaaa ok game, and slip a bit in the draft for a certain team to pick up lol. 

• Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Cincy showed they didn’t belong.  I’m a Georgia fan and was hoping bama woulda beat Cincy up more.

35 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I agree with this. Seemed like a waste of everyone’s time to have them in there and it sure looked like it. They really need to start weighting SOS with this sh*t.

Come the f**k on the both of you.  1 vs 4 has been pretty much a complete mismatch in 6 of the 8 years since the playoff started:

• 2015:  1) Clemson 37, 4) Oklahoma 17
  • 2016:  1) Alabama 24, 4) Washington 7
  • 2018:  1) Alabama 45, 4) Oklahoma 34
  • 2019:  1) LSU 63, 4) Oklahoma 28
  • 2020:  1) Alabama 31, 4) Notre Dame 14

(The other 2 years, it was powerhouses Bama and Ohio St pulling 4 over 1 "upsets")

And I'm guessing people weren't saying those 4-seeds "didn't belong" in those 5 games.

Cincinnati deserved their spot.  Alabama is just that friggin good.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

George Karlaftis would have a sack and forced fumble by now, just saying.

And would have prepared a batch of Baklava in between series.

#KrashForKarlaftis

I don’t know why thibs and Hutchinson are so widely viewed as the top guys.  In my years of watching Oregon - I never found thibs so dominant.  Hutchinson really hasn’t ever produced like this before.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Come the f**k on the both of you.  1 vs 4 has been a complete mismatch 6 of the 8 years since the playoff started:

• 2015:  1) Clemson 37, 4) Oklahoma 17
  • 2016:  1) Alabama 24, 4) Washington 7
  • 2018:  1) Alabama 45, 4) Oklahoma 34
  • 2019:  1) LSU 63, 4) Oklahoma 28
  • 2020:  1) Alabama 31, 4) Notre Dame 14

And I'm guessing people weren't saying those 4-seeds "didn't belong" in those 5 games.

Cincinnati deserved their spot.  Alabama is just that friggin good.

My point being, Cincy is over rated and shouldn't have been in the playoff. Lol.

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I agree that the time for independence is long over but money is reality for the tv rights. 

I'm not saying Cincy doesn't belong because they lost to Bama, I'm saying they dont belong because their schedule was a cupcake. They barely beat ND. 

Cincy at 13-0 with a soft schedule

Or 

ND at 12-1 with a hard schedule

If Cincy plays the schedule that ND played, 100 bucks says they wouldnt have even been in a bowl game. 

Everything you just said is opinion. 

Here’s what we know to be true. Cincinnati beat Norte Dame. Given that and a undefeated season, there is no justification for putting the Irish in ahead of them. 
I like that they got in. We love to see different schools get into the basketball tournament, but with football people get upset. 
I’m tired of these playoffs every year with some combination of Bama and the SEC runner up, the Ohio St/Michigan winner, and Clemson, Norte Dame, Oklahoma.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Trotter said:

They have but if anyone caught the last 5 minutes of Purdue vs Tennessee yesterday you saw arguably the greatest 5 minutes of college football followed by ot.

I am talking about the playoff games only. The final four and championship games. They usually stink.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

So Notre Dame or Baylor wouldn't have gotten trounced today?  And if they had, you'd still be saying those teams "didn't belong" today?

I’ve said notre dame doesn’t belong.  I’ve said it for years.  Baylor, Ohio state, Michigan state, ole miss at least played real competition through the season.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, heymangold said:

I’ve said notre dame doesn’t belong.  I’ve said it for years.  Baylor, Ohio state, Michigan state, ole miss at least played real competition through the season.  

Then same question for Ohio St, Michigan St or Ole Miss then:  Would they not have gotten trounced today by Bama?  And assuming they had, would you be keeping that same energy about them "not belonging"?

1 minute ago, undertow said:

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves assuming they know who's going in what order top 5.

True but it's pretty universally accepted that Kayvon and Aidan are going some combination of 1/2.