*** College Football Game Day 12/31 *** - The playoffs begin

Beerfish

Just now, Paradis said:

nice to see you. Hows' the holidays?

Doing well my friend, business is booming. Hope all is well with you. I don't post as much anymore because of time constraints and general apathy of being a Jets fan.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

That's ******* ridiculous lol. 

What's the payout? 

$300 to win your conference, and then playoffs were like 3,000-1,000-500 i think. It was enough... The 50 manager league is all college/draft e-pundits from Twitter, the athletic, etc etc. Pretty damn competitive.

It's huge, but think of the size of the NCAA. It was all FBS. So each "conference" got to draft from their Power 5, and one G-5... for example, the 10 teams in my conference, we drafted from SEC and the Sunbelt. and we only played teams in our conference... (you can trade with whomever and pick up FAs from across NCAA tho).... conference winner and runner up advance to a 4 week playoff that runs all Nov

Pretty fun actually. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Not too mad about the Jets missing on Hutchinson thus far. Seems like his entire game has been built on bullying Big 10 players. Different ballgame in the SEC where all these guys are future pros.

Based on the way this has been going, the Jets might not miss on Hutchinson

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

College football needs something new.  These playoff games are never entertaining.  Just snooze fest after snooze fest.

as much as I hate the idea of diluting the playoff experience, adding another few teams and giving the top dawgs a bye would maybe allow for entertaining games as the better/hot teams advance?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

as much as I hate the idea of diluting the playoff experience, adding another few teams and giving the top dawgs a bye would maybe allow for entertaining games as the better/hot teams advance?

Yep.  6-team playoff with 2 byes is the way to go.  8 teams is too many, 4 is too few.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Man, this is the type of game where a #1 overall is supposed to at least look like it. Can’t say the guy has shown anything of the sort today. Maybe Hutchinson winds up being great but it’s hard to imagine Jax or Detroit getting excited at the opportunity to get him.

People always over react to one game when NFL personnel will be looking back at years of game tape, not too mention interviews and combine testing. Todays game is nothing but a small sliver of the bigger picture. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

$300 to win your conference, and then playoffs were like 3,000-1,000-500 i think. It was enough... The 50 manager league is all college/draft e-pundits from Twitter, the athletic, etc etc. Pretty damn competitive.

It's huge, but think of the size of the NCAA. It was all FBS. So each "conference" got to draft from their Power 5, and one G-5... for example, the 10 teams in my conference, we drafted from SEC and the Sunbelt. and we only played teams in our conference... (you can trade with whomever and pick up FAs from across NCAA tho).... conference winner and runner up advance to a 4 week playoff that runs all Nov

Pretty fun actually. 

That's pretty rad.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

College football needs something new.  These playoff games are never entertaining.  Just snooze fest after snooze fest.

Let’s be honest, this sport has devolved into the SEC, then everyone else just plays. It will be even worse when Texas and Oklahoma start playing with them.

You’ll have the Ohio St, Clemson and Norte Dame cameos, just because, but it’s all about the SEC. 
I just don’t see how that’s good for college football.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Something.  I don’t know the answer, but give me the BCS any day over this.  

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is why you guys do not win it Georgia, just idiotic.  A chance to get the knockout blow and just play for that?

Kirby Smart is a dumbass.

Just kill your momentum yourself.

To be fair Smart was having an aneurysm on the sideline with how Bennett handled that. Seemed like the team wasnt doing what he instructed them to do. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Let’s be honest, this sport has devolved into the SEC, then everyone else just plays. It will be even worse when Texas and Oklahoma start playing with them.

You’ll have the Ohio St, Clemson and Norte Dame cameos, just because, but it’s all about the SEC. 
I just don’t see how that’s good for college football.

Yeah I’m not sure how much that is ever going to change. USC getting kick started might help.  It really just takes a really good coach in a highly fertile recruiting area(which aren’t many outside of the south).  OSU, Cali schools, maybe Penn State if it ever upgrades from Franklin.  Michigan and ND academic standards put them behind the 8 ball a bit.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah I’m not sure how much that is ever going to change. USC getting kick started might help.  It really just takes a really good coach in a highly fertile recruiting area(which aren’t many outside of the south).  OSU, Cali schools, maybe Penn State if it ever upgrades from Franklin.  Michigan and ND academic standards put them behind the 8 ball a bit.

I can’t explain it. Basketball seems to have survived the realignments to a few super conferences, it’s thriving in fact. The tournament seems to have more viable mid majors then I can remember seeing before.

Football not so much though. You’re always going to have the big crowds and the games are fun. You and I both live in areas where the sport is almost like a religion.

The money is flowing in, and now the players are getting a slice (which is good) but at the end of the day, as a sports fan you want to see a relatively level playing field, and this sport doesn’t have that.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I can’t explain it. Basketball seems to have survived the realignments to a few super conferences, it’s thriving in fact. The tournament seems to have more viable mid majors then I can remember seeing before.

Football not so much though. You’re always going to have the big crowds and the games are fun. You and I both live in areas where the sport is almost like a religion.

The money is flowing in, and now the players are getting a slice (which is good) but at the end of the day, as a sports fan you want to see a relatively level playing field, and this sport doesn’t have that.

I think college basketball has evened out because most blue bloods like Duke, Kentucky, etc get very elite talent, but also talent that leaves every year.  So they are constantly going through turnover.  Whereas other schools who don’t get the ready made lottery picks can grow together as a team over 4 years.  Then it can come down to a single scenario of experience but lesser talented vs more talent but inexperienced.  

Football it doesn’t matter because the Uber talented  teams are at least somewhat experienced overall.  

• Upvote 2