*** College Football Game Day 12/31 *** - The playoffs begin

Beerfish

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think college basketball has evened out because most blue bloods like Duke, Kentucky, etc get very elite talent, but also talent that leaves every year.  So they are constantly going through turnover.  Whereas other schools who don’t get the ready made lottery picks can grow together as a team over 4 years.  Then it can come down to a single scenario of experience but lesser talented vs more talent but inexperienced.  

Football it doesn’t matter because the Uber talented  teams are at least somewhat experienced overall.  

That’s a great point.

29 minutes ago, JTJet said:

To be fair Smart was having an aneurysm on the sideline with how Bennett handled that. Seemed like the team wasnt doing what he instructed them to do. 

It is his job for them to be ready and he had a time out and I've seen that same thing from his teams before.  He should have had them in hurry before it got down to screaming time.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I haven’t been watching.  But apparently the country wanting to see some “new” teams getting an opportunity to play for a National Championship has fallen flat.  

NCAAF, undeniably, lives in the Bible Belt.  

Sucks… but true.

Here to expand the playoff watching this. The talent on Bama and Georgia is impressive. Everyone on the Bulldogs line looks like Quinnen

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Everything you just said is opinion. 

Here’s what we know to be true. Cincinnati beat Norte Dame. Given that and a undefeated season, there is no justification for putting the Irish in ahead of them. 
I like that they got in. We love to see different schools get into the basketball tournament, but with football people get upset. 
I’m tired of these playoffs every year with some combination of Bama and the SEC runner up, the Ohio St/Michigan winner, and Clemson, Norte Dame, Oklahoma.

Are you ******* Canadian? 

• WTF? 2

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Darius Leonard is 6’2” 230.  Devin White is 6”0 235. Deion Jones 6’1 220.  Linebackers are trending smaller

Does Darron know?? ? 

I know, but after watching every Running Back in the NFL, including off the scrap heap Duke Johnson run over our D, I guess the idea of putting a guy his size in our Defense doesn't make me warm and fuzzy. 

Now, if he sets combine records (4.3 40?) and a ridiculous RAS score....hmm....

He'd still look like when my kids try to guard me when going against NFL Tight Ends.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

He is getting eaten alive by the GA tackles. 

This is him mid pancake. 

C385505F-C581-4E5A-B2DA-ED7B0CB354BD.jpeg

I'm not a Hutch fan or detractor but posting something like this shows how out of context a still frame can be. I watched him the entire play.

41 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I’d like to thank Aidan Hutchinson and John Harbaugh for making this game so bad and pointless that my wife made me turn on New Years specials and now I’m stuck watching Anderson Cooper interview a drunk David Arquette dressed up as a clown. **** Michigan.

Ha - I’m in the same situation.