Call me crazy, but I think this upcoming game against the Bucs is a big one for several reasons

Alka

14 minutes ago, Alka said:

Jets just coming off a win;  getting many players back from injury/covid; last home game of the season; opportunity to play against the reigning Super Bowl Champs and Tom Brady.  The Bucs already won their division, and seems like a pipe dream to get the #1 seed even with 2 more wins.

Jets have young hungry talent who want to show on tape and Jets coaches that they are players for the future, and their future.  

Zach Wilson looking better and more comfortable.

I know I won't be respected for declaring that the Jets will win this game, but I believe that the Jets will in fact win this game.

Good post.  Love the optimism.   I agree.  The chicken littles are all running scared.  

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I thought the jets were going to get seal clubbed last week.   I think they can give tampa a bit of trouble this week.  Tampa missing some key players.

First half score:

Bucs 27

Jets 3 

Every fantasy football guy in the world freaking out over the prospect of the Bucs pulling their starters.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Alka said:

Jets just coming off a win;  getting many players back from injury/covid; last home game of the season; opportunity to play against the reigning Super Bowl Champs and Tom Brady.  The Bucs already won their division, and seems like a pipe dream to get the #1 seed even with 2 more wins.

Jets have young hungry talent who want to show on tape and Jets coaches that they are players for the future, and their future.  

I know I won't be respected for declaring that the Jets will win this game, but I believe that the Jets will in fact win this game.

holic

• Haha 1

If LeFleur can get the running game going again and give Zack some EZ passes, then our O can hold their own in terms of time of possession. But for this to happen, Saleh's defense has to keep the game close.

The biggest concern is Bowles' pass rush...they blitz almost 40% of the time, one of the most in the NFL. If Zack can beat the blitz, it's game one. Unfortunately, pressure is the one thing Zack continues to struggle with (as most QBs do). 

We need LeFluer to call a short, quick game with fast safe passes plus the perfect run call to make the Buc's blitzing D pay big.

There'll be a lot going on this game but it's not out of reach. At least not yet!

• Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, Gibby said:

I think they’ll score a little more, but yeah! They will absolutely light up the scoreboard on that terrible defense.

Ill go 42-18

It depends if Cindy wants to be a real dick or not.  If he comes out running the hurry up, get ready for 50+.  If he plays ball control and milks the clock, expect 30+.

2 hours ago, Alka said:

Even the hungriest chicken is instant McNuggets when dealing with the dumbest lion... 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I thought the jets were going to get seal clubbed last week.   I think they can give tampa a bit of trouble this week.  Tampa missing some key players.

It will start coming down to risk for the Bucs. If this game starts looking like a tough physical fight they will be concerned especially for Brady's health. Again, this is not a meaningless game for them, but the reward of an unlikely 1st seed compared to ending your post season before it starts if Brady gets any type of injury is an event that could come up. 

The jets are starting Feeney at center, who if I remember correctly, was rated the worst center in the NFL the past 2 seasons.  Pair him with GVR potentially at a G spot and it’s a recipe for disaster.  Down, what I guess you can call the top 3 receivers, in Davis, Moore and probably crowder - I’m sure this is a game that will only be Zach’s fault against why they get blown out.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

It is already interesting; since NE still loves Brady, I am getting the game so I don't have to hang in a bar to watch.

BTW, did you hear, NE fans were surveyed and found to be the most unhappy fanbase in spite of all of the winning. 

Of course they are.  Boston is filled with a bunch of miserable c**ts.   F**k that whole city.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, heymangold said:

The jets are starting Feeney at center, who if I remember correctly, was rated the worst center in the NFL the past 2 seasons.  Pair him with GVR potentially at a G spot and it’s a recipe for disaster.  Down, what I guess you can call the top 3 receivers, in Davis, Moore and probably crowder - I’m sure this is a game that will only be Zach’s fault against why they get blown out.

Lol, this 

Hahahahahahahahaha Brady is gonna pick us apart all day with screen passes. The short pass game IS his game and we don't have the LB's or safety's to defend it.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Sympathy 2