Do what you want with this information

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Good.  However, he has played much more reserved football since coming back from his injury (which was needed.)  Now he needs to bring back his downfield throws.  Still has only 7 passing tds in 10 games.

I agree, I do think part of the issue though with the lack of downfield passing is that for the most part it's been a combination of lack of quality NFL receivers and playing some pretty good defenses.  We'll see him going deep again when the options are actually there.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets are gonna get rolled by 30 the next two weeks. How about the coaching staff asks its QB of the Future to try and score some points tomorrow. Who cares if he throws 10 picks? Go out there and try to be an NFL starting QB. 

Lol, this is your dream I'm sure.  If the Jets come out bombs away in an attempt to "score some points" and he throws 4 picks, I'm sure your take will be "They had to do it, at least the kid tried".

Yeah....

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Lol, this is your dream I'm sure.  If the Jets come out bombs away in an attempt to "score some points" and he throws 4 picks, I'm sure your take will be "They had to do it, at least the kid tried".

Yeah....

The coaching staff would learn more from that than from him putting up a stat line of 13/24/112 yards/0/0 in a 44-10 blowout tomorrow. Is the guy your QB or not? 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets are gonna get rolled by 30 the next two weeks. How about the coaching staff asks its QB of the Future to try and score some points tomorrow. Who cares if he throws 10 picks? Go out there and try to be an NFL starting QB. 

That’s my problem with what I’m watching this year. It was supposed to be all about developing Wilson.

When he stunk throwing deep in TC during the summer it was “he’s trying to see how much he can get away with”… what happened to that?
He had a decent group of WRs most of this year, and the OL has been good. Yet they’ve put training wheels on the kid.

He’s a rookie on a team going nowhere. I wouldn’t care if he threw 25 ints if I saw him pushing the ball down the field trying to make things happen. People here watch Wilson dink and dunk every week and bend over backward to make excuses for him doing it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

There is actually one play where the check is to the deep route for Keelan Cole and it isn’t there, so he moves on to Jeff smith on the slant. Jags covered deep often last Sunday. Jets countered with short passes and runs. 

there was really no need to go deep - especially if the play wasn’t there.

Keep this same energy when discussing Mike White, sir.  

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s okay fellas, that’s the awesome thing about being 11 games into a career, you totally don’t have to make a decision yet.

By the time the 2021 season wraps up he’ll have the same # of career starts as Josh Rosen.  And given his final 2 opponents, he’ll likely have roughly the same numbers as Rosen, too. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

“Zach hasn’t thrown an INT in three games. That is growth!”

”So, they should let him open it up the last two games, try to expand upon that growth.”

”Oh heavens no, Zach might throw interceptions if they do that.”

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Zach beats the Jaguars by dinking and dunking:  “He did all he needed to do.”

Zach loses to the Bucs 42-6, finishing with 187 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT:  “It was a blowout, what did you expect him to do?”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

bullshit GIF by Satisfied Customer
He’s a rookie. I wouldn’t care if the kid threw 25 ints if I saw him pushing the ball down the field trying to make things happen. People here watch Wilson dink and dunk every week and bend over backward to make excuses for him doing it.

Edited by 32EBoozer

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And if it isn’t a 44-10 blowout, where do we go from there?

Literally nothing Wilson has done on the field the last few weeks suggests this game will go well for him, but it’s fun to dream.

Contrary to popular opinion, people like me would love to have a QB of the future to be excited about and proud of. Wilson just isn’t gonna be that guy.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

This is very important in Zach’s development. Getting used to the speed of the game and helping him chill out. Teams can no longer only cover deep because they are doubting his accuracy in the medium/short field. He’s also proven that he can scramble if needed so they have to be more honest. Once he gets his wrs back who can actually get open the field will open up a lot for him. The bucs are down a lot of key players tomorrow so here’s hoping it’s a game similar to Darnolds packer game. 

edit just looked at the injury report. Still no Moore, crowder, or Davis. Back to dj montomery, mims, barrios and cole I guess sigh 

Agree. Two weeks ago this site was bitching about dirting the ball and the yips.  Now he's a dink and dunker.  #CantWin.  

Throwing for 158 yards per game and an average of 0.333 TDs over that stretch. Luke Falk diggies.

production difficulties may be a team effort (or not) but mistakes are pretty self evident. i will take this as a positive for now.
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Good.  However, he has played much more reserved football since coming back from his injury (which was needed.)  Now he needs to bring back his downfield throws.  Still has only 7 passing tds in 10 games.

Patience.

Moore is coming back this weekend and wait until Joe Douglas gets him some real talent  that is tall and can get deep and maybe even something more difficult to see in Jetland than Sasquatch, that rare rare thing that I’ve heard some other teams have, but to me it’s just a rumor, I think it’s called a TE.

Anyone complaining that he’s not throwing enough TD passes, my question would be to who?

Next year the real party starts on Offense.

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The coaching staff would learn more from that than from him putting up a stat line of 13/24/112 yards/0/0 in a 44-10 blowout tomorrow. Is the guy your QB or not? 

You prefer 13/24/225yards/1/4 in a 54-17 blowout?

You don't win games by throwing downfield to guys with no separation.  And you don't "see what you have" or learn anything from trying except what we already know.  That it doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Agree. Two weeks ago this site was bitching about dirting the ball and the yips.  Now he's a dink and dunker.  #CantWin.  

The key difference is Mike White dinked and dunked his way to over 400 yards and 3 TDs against a good team.  Wilson has only cleared 200 yards in 5 of his 11 starts.

Wilson doesn’t produce whether he’s airing it out, playing hero ball, or playing it safe.  All of his games have been either terrible or boring.  Until his accuracy improves tremendously he is going to have limited upside with a very low floor.  Not a good combo for a QB you hope to be your future.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This would’ve been a lot funnier if you had actually quoted a post.

(I still laughed though, I’ve never seen that one before)

Yeah I messed that up! I It was supposed to look like this

He’s a rookie. I wouldn’t care if the kid threw 25 ints if I saw him pushing the ball down the field trying to make things happen. People here watch Wilson dink and dunk every week and bend over backward to make excuses for him doing it.

bullshit GIF by Satisfied Customer

2 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

You prefer 13/24/225yards/1/4 in a 54-17 blowout?

You don't win games by throwing downfield to guys with no separation.  And you don't "see what you have" or learn anything from trying except what we already know.  That it doesn't work.

Why would he only be attempting 24 throws in a 54-17 blowout?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would he only be attempting 24 throws in a 54-17 blowout?  

It wasn't my number.

Plus, that's not even the point.

If he throws picks trying to throw to practice squad guys downfield, you guys rip on him anyways.  You're now literally just advocating for a situation that puts you in a better chance for you little "he threw 4 picks at the end of his rookie year, dArnOLD lOOokeD betaRRR!"

It's tiresome.

• Upvote 1