Do what you want with this information

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

haters GIF

Normally people are called “haters” when they are negative towards someone who is actually successful. 

We’re just telling the truth about Wilson and you guys don’t want to hear it, because feelings and stuff.  

It’s why Darnold defenders were so quick to talk about how nice a guy Darnold is.  Because feelings were the driving force behind their defense and support of him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

"He's an interception machine" - Kid cleans up his INT's

"He can't hit a checkdown" - Kid cleans up his short game.

"Mike White threw 400 yards!" - One game, with every starter, and a game plan that had yet to be used against a defense who refused to adjust.  Go watch the game again, it wasn't special.

"He needs to run more" - He has some beautiful runs, but "It's only because JAX was tanking."

And the best for last.

"He needs to play more boring football, not hero ball" - He actually does and now you're saying "It's boring! we want better!"

This is literally a joke.  Every single time the mob has come up with some schtick to hit him with one liners, he cleans it up and does better.  He's improving as the team around him is disintegrating into a puddle of Covid and IR mush.

You can't throw 45 times to guys who can't get open and can't catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.  The Jets stink.

The Jets suck and yet non-Wilson QBs have 11 TD throws in 4.5 games compared to Zach’s 7 in 10.5.

Why are you such a hater towards the Jets offense man? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeah I messed that up! I It was supposed to look like this

He’s a rookie. I wouldn’t care if the kid threw 25 ints if I saw him pushing the ball down the field trying to make things happen. People here watch Wilson dink and dunk every week and bend over backward to make excuses for him doing it.

bullshit GIF by Satisfied Customer

There you go, that’s much better.

I’d have been happy to get the laugh, and quit while I was ahead, but I admire you for continuing to plug away. ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rtnelson said:

"Mike White threw 400 yards!" - One game, with every starter, and a game plan that had yet to be used against a defense who refused to adjust.  Go watch the game again, it wasn't special.

This is a lot of work to explain away Mike White’s success against the Bengals. I’d note that you boys aren’t bringing up his “tragic” game against the Bills lately. Is that because Zach has to face those Bills next week? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

"He's an interception machine" - Kid cleans up his INT's

"He can't hit a checkdown" - Kid cleans up his short game.

"He needs to run more" - He has some beautiful runs, but "It's only because JAX was tanking."

And the best for last.

"He needs to play more boring football, not hero ball" - He actually does and now you're saying "It's boring! we want better!"

This is literally a joke.  Every single time the mob has come up with some schtick to hit him with one liners, he cleans it up and does better.  He's improving as the team around him is disintegrating into a puddle of Covid and IR mush.

You can't throw 45 times to guys who can't get open and can't catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.  The Jets stink.

The mob? lol Jesus stop playing victim there's like two guys on the board not ball washing WIlson and your crying about it like a 4 year old. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets suck and yet non-Wilson QBs have 11 TD throws in 4.5 games compared to Zach’s 7 in 10.5.

Why are you such a hater towards the Jets offense man? 

Davis, Moore, Crowder, fully healthy OL that had been playing together all year, healthy MC along with all those guys.

If you can't see the difference between what the Jets are fielding now, and what they were when the QB's with a combined 30 more years experience were under center.... bless your heart.

Two things can be true.  ZW is a rookie and not quite at the level we expected him to be, and his supporting cast since his return from injury hasn't been at the same level as was there when his veteran teammates were playing.

He's getting better, and it's clear to anyone who watches the games that he's getting better.  Once he stops getting better, then we'll have an issue.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is a lot of work to explain away Mike White’s success against the Bengals. I’d note that you boys aren’t bringing up his “tragic” game against the Bills lately. Is that because Zach has to face those Bills next week? 

It's you "boys" who don't like to bring up the Bills game.  Since it wasn't brought up, I didn't.  The Bills are good, if we don't get a healthy Moore back, it's probably going to be rough.

And it doesn't take much work at all to see the difference in the Bengals game.  Just because you refuse to acknowledge the difference doesn't mean it's not there.  You're literally playing a game around it and you know it.

10 minutes ago, undertow said:

The mob? lol Jesus stop playing victim there's like two guys on the board not ball washing WIlson and your crying about it like a 4 year old. 

This is how the game is played.  Take one tiny thing you can play off of with a one liner, and ignore everything else.

Which is hilarious because it was literally in a sentence describing how "one liners" are a theme around ZW.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Davis, Moore, Crowder, fully healthy OL that had been playing together all year, healthy MC along with all those guys.

If you can't see the difference between what the Jets are fielding now, and what they were when the QB's with a combined 30 more years experience were under center.... bless your heart.

Two things can be true.  ZW is a rookie and not quite at the level we expected him to be, and his supporting cast since his return from injury hasn't been at the same level as was there when his veteran teammates were playing.

He's getting better, and it's clear to anyone who watches the games that he's getting better.  Once he stops getting better, then we'll have an issue.

You can say he is playing better, be correct, and have it not really matter a whole lot.  He was looking like maybe the worst QB I've ever seen other than perhaps Luke Falk when he was at his worst, and he is still not playing at an acceptable level.  Even when you account for his lack of talent at receiver, he still missed 4-5 throws a replacement level QB makes last week, against a terrible defense, and he did indeed have a couple dropped picks.

This week he goes up against a defense with an awful lot of grown men, even with several of them down for the count with COVID.  Let's see if that improvement you guys have been talking about ends up making any tangible difference in his 12th start.  

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

By the time the 2021 season wraps up he’ll have the same # of career starts as Josh Rosen.  And given his final 2 opponents, he’ll likely have roughly the same numbers as Rosen, too. 

In fairness, the cardinals were a better team held back by Rosen.  They were 8-8 the year before they drafted him, 3-13 with him.  The jets were god awful last year, doubled their win total this year, albeit not very impressively.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

In fairness, the cardinals were a better team held back by Rosen.  They were 8-8 the year before they drafted him, 3-13 with him.  The jets were god awful last year, doubled their win total this year, albeit not very impressively.

They downgraded from Bruce Arians to Steve Wilks at HC from 2017 to '18, but point taken.  

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno, maybe some of the same guys White, Josh Johnson and Flacco threw 11 TDs to over the course of 4.5 games?  

White doesn’t have close to the skill set attributes Wilson has, Flacco’s ship sailed a long time ago and Wilson put up an almost identical game to him vs Miami’s D (with no one at the skill positions) and Johnson did what he did in total garbage time with the Colts laying down.

Wilson is still a Rookie, the 3 QBs you have mentioned have lots of time in QB rooms.

Wilson’s game is trending up, that’s not deniable.  So in the event the Jets and Wilson get a total beatdown from the Super Bowl champs and Tom Brady (who hates them) tomorrow vs their still bottom feeding roster I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, but that still won’t change the fact that Wilson appears to have turned a corner in the positive direction in his development.

Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

White doesn’t have close to the skill set attributes Wilson has, Flacco’s ship sailed a long time ago and Wilson put up an almost identical game to him vs Miami’s D (with no one at the skill positions) and Johnson did what he did in total garbage time with the Colts laying down.

Wilson is still a Rookie, the 3 QBs you have mentioned have lots of time in QB rooms.

Wilson’s game is trending up, that’s not deniable.  So in the event the Jets and Wilson get a total beatdown from the Super Bowl champs and Tom Brady (who hates them) tomorrow vs their still bottom feeding roster I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, but that still won’t change the fact that Wilson appears to have turned a corner in the positive direction in his development.

I'd like to see some of these skills that Wilson has translate onto the field one of these days.  

And if Wilson had produced in garbage time, you'd have a point when it comes to Johnson.  The same people who have been dismissing Johnson's 317 yards and 3 TDs against the Colts in "garbage time" have been excusing away Wilson's lack of productivity in blowouts by saying things like "He was down big, what did you expect him to do?"

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You can say he is playing better, be correct, and have it not really matter a whole lot.  He was looking like maybe the worst QB I've ever seen other than perhaps Luke Falk when he was at his worst, and he is still not playing at an acceptable level.  Even when you account for his lack of talent at receiver, he still missed 4-5 throws a replacement level QB makes last week, against a terrible defense, and he did indeed have a couple dropped picks.

This week he goes up against a defense with an awful lot of grown men, even with several of them down for the count with COVID.  Let's see if that improvement you guys have been talking about ends up making any tangible difference in his 12th start.  

The kid was not ready to play.  That was evident at the start of the year.  The kid also didn't trust his OL at the start of the year, and we all know why.  They couldn't pick up a stunt.  He tried to play hero ball because that's what worked in college and it bit him in the face except against the Titans, when even in that game we saw he wasn't ready to play.

So you can say he was looking like the worst QB you've ever seen and be right but also realize the kid was as raw as they come and he's working himself out of that still, now with a completely depleted roster since his return from injury.

This week could be rough.  Put MW in the game, it's going to be rough.  Flacco would struggle.  It's two teams on completely different levels.  The stat line in this game is not likely to be one you can point to and say "look how great he is!"  But I suspect if you actually watch the game we'll see some plays that give us reason to think that he could be a pretty good QB next year.

Do you think people who "defend" Wilson think this is a finished product and are happy with 55% completions and 150 yards a game?  No.  We just realize he's young, raw, and on team that isn't very good when it's best receiving option is Barrios.

11 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Plus he wasn’t the guy from off the field stuff.   Not the normal scenario.  

2 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

The kid was not ready to play.  That was evident at the start of the year.  The kid also didn't trust his OL at the start of the year, and we all know why.  They couldn't pick up a stunt.  He tried to play hero ball because that's what worked in college and it bit him in the face except against the Titans, when even in that game we saw he wasn't ready to play.

So you can say he was looking like the worst QB you've ever seen and be right but also realize the kid was as raw as they come and he's working himself out of that still, now with a completely depleted roster since his return from injury.

This week could be rough.  Put MW in the game, it's going to be rough.  Flacco would struggle.  It's two teams on completely different levels.  The stat line in this game is not likely to be one you can point to and say "look how great he is!"  But I suspect if you actually watch the game we'll see some plays that give us reason to think that he could be a pretty good QB next year.

Do you think people who "defend" Wilson think this is a finished product and are happy with 55% completions and 150 yards a game?  No.  We just realize he's young, raw, and on team that isn't very good when it's best receiving option is Barrios.

If a QB is that raw, you don't draft him # 2 overall.  Nothing people were saying about Wilson pre-draft suggested a 3-year starter like him was raw, or at least not THIS raw.  That's just become the narrative now that people have seen Wilson play in NFL games where he's been clearly outmatched.

He's a # 2 overall pick who has looked like a midround project QB.  He's basically what Davis Mills was supposed to be, but instead the 2 are nearly the exact opposite of each other.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If a QB is that raw, you don't draft him # 2 overall.  Nothing people were saying about Wilson pre-draft suggested a 3-year starter like him was raw, or at least not THIS raw.  That's just become the narrative now that people have seen Wilson play in NFL games where he's been clearly outmatched.

He's a # 2 overall pick who has looked like a midround project QB.  

This isn’t building a player in Madden.  

2 guys were graded more ready than Zach Wilson.  One went 1st and the other doesn’t have enough arm to throw into the wind.

Wait... are people really saying we should be excited about the last couple weeks?

He's done a serviceable job executing the Brooks Bollinger game plan but lets not pretend that by week 16 we weren't hoping for more.  He'll only be able to live off that Corey Davis pass for so long.

And no..  I'm in no way saying he's a bust and we should move on.  I'm saying that he's thus far been a disappointment but the fact he hasn't completely imploded gives me a ray of hope he'll turn it around. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's a # 2 overall pick who has looked like a midround project QB.  

Trey Lance looked way more raw in his initial playing time, and the 49'ers gave up 3 1st rounders for him.

Josh Allen was a project and I'm sure the Bills feel good about it right now.

Fields looks like a pretty big project in himself.

I think he wasn't as bad/raw as he looked to start the year, but was crushed out of his body by his OL that couldn't pick up a stunt, and it took his QB clock and threw it against a wall.  For all he knew, this was his life now and it shook him.  But he's back up on the horse, and his progression really only started when he got back from injury, it just stinks that it happened to be when the entire offense also went down with injury.

The CS believes in him still, I'm assuming.  So that's all that matters.

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

This isn’t building a player in Madden.  

2 guys were graded more ready than Zach Wilson.  One went 1st and the other doesn’t have enough arm to throw into the wind.

This also isn't G5 football.  If you're going to draft a kid from a non-P5 school at # 2, you'd better be damn sure he can make the move to the NFL.  You have to look closely at his worst collegiate games and see how he responded to adversity.  Otherwise giving him a year off or half a year off to sit and watch won't matter.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The key difference is Mike White dinked and dunked his way to over 400 yards and 3 TDs against a good team.  Wilson has only cleared 200 yards in 5 of his 11 starts.

Wilson doesn’t produce whether he’s airing it out, playing hero ball, or playing it safe.  All of his games have been either terrible or boring.  Until his accuracy improves tremendously he is going to have limited upside with a very low floor.  Not a good combo for a QB you hope to be your future.  

Played well in the Eagles game. The whole team got schooled vs. the Saints. Over 250 rushing yds against the Jags so wasn't asked to do much.  He's better now vs. before the injury.  This is what you want to see... 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This also isn't G5 football.  If you're going to draft a kid from a non-P5 school at # 2, you'd better be damn sure he can make the move to the NFL.  You have to look closely at his worst collegiate games and see how he responded to adversity.  Otherwise giving him a year off or half a year off to sit and watch won't matter.

Like how he took his team from inside the 10 with 45 seconds left and no timeouts all the way down to the 1 yard line as time expired in a game down by a single score in his "worst game of the year" against a top 15 opponent.  That was pretty big adversity he faced, and did pretty dang well with it.

Just as an example off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

Agree. Two weeks ago this site was bitching about dirting the ball and the yips.  Now he's a dink and dunker.  #CantWin.  

I get that losing so much over the past has taken a toll, but progress is right in front of our eyes. He’s not forcing throws anymore or throwing in the dirt besides the very few exceptions. He’s making multiple reads on most passing plays, guys just aren’t open which isn’t his fault. He used to lock on to Davis the entire play and not see open guys right in front of him. That isn’t the case anymore. When his only options are dj Montgomery (who?) mims (oof) and barrios (decent backup player) there’s only so much he can do. At te there’s no one even worth mentioning 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lol.   The world doesn’t work the way you think it does.  A FCS QB went 3rd.