Do what you want with this information

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

@Jetsfan80

Zach and Mike White aside, this is a legitimate question and I'm seriously not patronizing you, 

What pieces, or facets of the organization do you have hope for? 

I think the offense is a QB away from being at least a middle of the pack unit.  

I know that’s generally true for any team once it brings in a capable QB, but my point is I don’t think it’s the rest of the guys holding Wilson back, which is a nice change from what the Jets’ offense has looked like since 2016.  The QB has sucked AND so have the other 10 guys.  Not so this year.

I wish I could be more excited about all the picks and cap space, but I’m not “all in” on Douglas like I used to be.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Right?  The OP posts some good numbers for our QB and says do with it what you will and thats an invitations to explain how a really good stat line isnt a really good stat line.

We even has a J Rosen reference thrown in to really drag this thread down further

The OP started  a Zach thread posting some positive stats for Zach.

Does that mean the thread is limited to *only* those good stats the OP listed?

It's a Zach thread and the fact is that there is a ton more negative stats than positive out there on Zach.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

The OP started  a Zach thread posting some positive stats for Zach.

Does that mean the thread is limited to *only* those good stats the OP listed?

It's a Zach thread and the fact is that there is a ton more negative stats than positive out there on Zach.

The sad truth is that Jet Nut, Fido and co. truly interpreted Max’s thread about negativity to mean that JN is officially a Zach Wilson safe space, and anyone who posts mean things about him will get reprimanded or banned.  

It used to be that they complained about Zach negativity in non-Zach threads, but now they want it gone from Zach threads too.

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And as @T0mShane pointed out, most of White's picks were late in games when he was trying to push the ball down the field and make things happen.  These weren't exactly pick 6's on the first 3 plays of a drive.

INT stats can be very misleading. Late come back attempts, ball bounces right off the WR hands, etc.

I'd like to see something like ERA in baseball.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The sad truth is that Jet Nut, Fido and co. truly interpreted Max’s thread about negativity to mean that JN is officially a Zach Wilson safe space, and anyone who posts mean things about him will get reprimanded or banned.  

Hal, who has been a Jets fan since around November, literally threatened that he was "going to talk to Max" and have you and I specifically, banned from the board, and any negative opinion on Zach was "suicide by Mod".

I am not even kidding. 

The Delusions RUN DEEP. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hal, who has been a Jets fan since around November, literally threatened that he was "going to talk to Max" and have you and I specifically, banned from the board, and any negative opinion on Zach was "suicide by Mod".

I am not even kidding. 

The Delusions RUN DEEP. 

lmao.

@Hal N of Provo go delete your account.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It used to be that they complained about Zach negativity in non-Zach threads, but now they want it gone from Zach threads too.

Hardly.  Worried that youre going to get banned?  Neither one of us said this.  Why would I want anyone banned? 

His actual comments were every thread doesnt need to be overrun with fans trying to beat other fans over the head by constantly whining about ZW.  Hes a rookie and like most rookie QBs he's struggled.  We get it

56 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

It will not be.  For the people currently excited by Zach Wilson, the season is over.  These last two weeks fall under “no help” and “too hard.”  Jacksonville was his Magnum Opus.

Maybe this is true for the Tampa game but everyone should be back for the Buffalo game. The Buffalo game will allow us to compare Zach vs Mike vs Mac. We have to see Zach continue to take care of the ball in that game. 

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I am not even kidding. 

The Delusions RUN DEEP. 

You and JF80, life long Fans banned by some douche from Nevada is the state of our country right now……

• Haha 3

Just now, southparkcpa said:

You and JF80, life long Fans banned by some douche from Nevada is the state of our country right now……

They were acting like assholes completely hijacking a thread and trying to tag team at the time.  Life long Jet fan shouldn’t be a license to sh*t all over anyone who thinks the new rookie isn’t a bust a few games in.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

They were acting like assholes completely hijacking a thread and trying to tag team at the time.  Life long Jet fan shouldn’t be a license to sh*t all over anyone who thinks the new rookie isn’t a bust a few games in.  

Dude…..These are Jets fans. I stand within THEM.   You…..   you come to a board as a guest.  NO respect given to you here from me but JF80 and JE are this board.  We are a family….. you are a visitor.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I know there are extremes on both sides, but damn this is a good point. And it is exactly why White deserves to be the long term backup.

Crazy concept but if they can teach, work with and develop the starting QB, they can do the same thing with the backup. Really hope they do.

If they wanted White to back up Zach, he’d be backing up Zach. It’s been clear since May 2021 that they felt like having even nominal competition for the starting job was going to somehow hurt Zach’s development, and it doesn’t appear that anything has changed. The nonsense argument that White couldn’t start against the Dolphins because of their “complicated blitz schemes” (which, at the time, resulted in the Dolphins having the 25th ranked pass defense in football) was absurd. They’re going to clear the decks for Wilson next season, pay Flacco way too much to be the backup, and throw in a UDFA type at QB3. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think the offense is a QB away from being at least a middle of the pack unit.  

I know that’s generally true for any team once it brings in a capable QB, but my point is I don’t think it’s the rest of the guys holding Wilson back, which is a nice change from what the Jets’ offense has looked like since 2016.  The QB has sucked AND so have the other 10 guys.  Not so this year.

I wish I could be more excited about all the picks and cap space, but I’m not “all in” on Douglas like I used to be.  

Ok got ya. Again, Zach aside. Do you legitimately think that the wide receivers have brought something to the table this year? 

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And?  Picks happen.  The goal as a QB is to put as many points on the board as possible.  That doesn't happen without taking some chances here and there and throwing picks.

I argue that a 3-and-out is far worse than an INT in most instances, as it puts a tired defense right back on the field.  Wilson has racked up a lot of those.  

And as @T0mShane pointed out, most of White's picks were late in games when he was trying to push the ball down the field and make things happen.  These weren't exactly pick 6's on the first 3 plays of a drive.

i agree that the more chances you take downfield will get you more INTs. what i will argue is that the misconception that all his or most of his INTS are some deep hail mary throws.

NE

NE 34-13.... 4:16 3rd qt .... NE 34 yd line 1st and 10 ... 24yd INT. 

NE 34-13 .... 1:08 3rd qt .... Jets 33 yd line 3rd and 12 ....... 12 yd INT

RECAP: he was in NE territory with the 1st INT. we were close enough to get points. even score a TD which would put us down by 14 and get the ball back with a chance to go down by 7 in the 4th. and his 2nd was not pushing it downfield. 

CIN 

JETS 7-0 .... 3:50 1st qt .... Cin 45 yd line 1st and 10 .... 9 yd INT

JETS 7-0 .... 1:34 1st qt .... Jets 21 yd line 1st and 10 .... 2 yd INT

RECAP: 9 and 2 yd INTs was not pushing downfield. thats 3 out of 4 for those keeping score. and the 2nd INT put Cin at the 15 yd line and they scored.

BUFFALO

BUFF 7-0 .... 9:24 1st qt .... Jets 36 yd line 3rd and 10 .... 11 yd INT

BUFF 24-3 .... 11:56 3rd qt .... Jets 17 yd line 1st and 10 .... 19 yd INT. 1st play of the 2nd half.

BUFF 31-3 .... 8:28 3rd qt .... Jets 48 yd line 2nd and 5 ..... 8 yd INT. 

BUFF 38-3 .... 1:15 3rd qt .... Buff 26 yd line 3rd and 10 .... 25 yds.

RECAP: 5 out of 8 INTs were thrown 12 yds or less. so that notion you had was wrong.

also many INTs cost us points. the 1st NE one, the 2nd CIN and Buffalo one might as well been pick 6s where they were. and the last Buffalo one.

IMO you give up more points that you get buy excepting the 5 TDs 8 INTs over the 3 TDs and 1 INT

20 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Ok got ya. Again, Zach aside. Do you legitimately think that the wide receivers have brought something to the table this year? 

The supporting cast is not the reason Zach sucked for most of this year. Elijah Moore looked below average to start the year because of Zach.

Zach is starting to play better but his poor play this year has been on him.

Cutting back on turnovers has been a really good development. But he still has a ways to go. I personally did not think he was such a big project. I still believe he'll be a FQB. But I’d be lying to myself if I thought he would struggle this much.

We can pull-up preseason prediction and I’m sure even the worse predictions weren’t as bad as reality.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

People are going to see what they want to see, and interpret different things from the same sets of numbers.

I’m firmly on the fence with Wilson right now. If you told me he would have these numbers after 11 games, I’d say he was a complete bust. If I had to decide right now I’d say yeah, he stinks, but…

There’s something about him. I can’t put my finger on it, but I see a kid who can still go either way. I think there might be a really good QB inside him, I’m hoping that one will show up.

I knew immediately what Darnold was. This kid, as bad as he’s been, (and he’s been terrible) intrigues me.

I think he's halfway to getting the cobwebs out of his head from being beaten to a pulp the first 5 games. He's not there yet, and hopefully he'll get there, but you can see that the line play is night and day right now which I believe has helped him. When you're a rookie and you need to learn NFL speed, you need your line to protect you. You can also see something in his eyes that hasn't been there in our last few QB's. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I do, yes, even with Davis being a massive disappointment.  

This is where I just cant understand, and bringing it back around to Zach. What was supposed to be our...

1/2 combo...

Davis - Massive disappointment, mega drop city. Missing 8 games by season end (5 when Zach starts)

Mims - Massive disappointment, zero effort, drop city. Missed 5 games (3 when Zach starts)

3/4...

Crowder - Middle of the road season. Missed 4 games. (All when Zach starts)

Moore -  Gained steam as season went on. Missing 6 games by season end (All when Zach starts) 

5/6

Cole - Brought nothing to the table. Missed 2 games. (Both when Zach starts)

Berrios - Filled in amazingly well. (Only reciever to play every game, and happens to have great rapport with Zach) 

Jeff Smith - Not worth mentioning.

I truly dont understand how an objective mind can say this group brought anything at all to the table this season?

Zachs entire wide receiving corps missed a total of 20 games of playing time when he was under center. 

Most of these guys werent exactly having their best games when Zach was out either. 

Corey Davis - Best game with Zach (TEN)

Denzel Mims - Best game with Zach (CAR)

Jamison Crowder - Best game with Mike (CIN)

Elijah Moore - Best game with Joe (MIA)

Keelan Cole - Best game with Zach (TEN)

Braxton Berrios - Best game with Zach (NE1)

Cmon man, you and I both know they brought very very little this year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1