Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

New Features - Coming Soon

Guy just want to let you know that we appreciate all the feedback we have gotten so far. We have a patch that is scheduled to go in sometime Thursday evening.

The nice thing about this interface is that no user downtime is required. Meaning the board stays up while we make these changes. Anyhow here is what we have planned:

1. More smilies.

2. An indicator that shows what threads you have posted in.

3. Email Notifications on PM will tell you who it was SENT from.

4. The ability to FORWARD PMs.

5. Online users by thread, not just by forum.

6. Adding additional next page indicators (top of page).

7. Various behind the scene plug-ins that will give us the ability to make this site better.

In addition the new site is getting close. TomShane has started a thread explaining many of the things we have planned. Just wanted to say it is getting close.

Also there have already been 34 enhancements that were implemented to the board. Many are minor but a lot of them were based on Feedback that we received from you.

Just wanted to thank everyone who has vistited us already. It hasn't been long but the response here has been tremendous. I spoke to the webhost today and they commented on how many hits we have generated already. They were surprised! Hopefully you realize how committed we are to make JetNation the best site going.

Thanks for your support!

Sounds great.

One mod I'd recommend getting to sooner or later if the software supports it: On KFFL if you mouse over a thread topic a box pops up after a half second showing the first line or so of the post: it's nifty because often threads are ambiguously titled and it can let you "preview" a post before you waste 3 seconds of your life and thousands of dollars in therapy clicking on a JonEJet nudie pic link.

Sounds great.

it can let you "preview" a post before you waste 3 seconds of your life and thousands of dollars in therapy clicking on a JonEJet nudie pic link.

Gah. Just the sound of that makes me uneasy. GAH!

Guy just want to let you know that we appreciate all the feedback we have gotten so far. We have a patch that is scheduled to go in sometime Thursday evening.

The nice thing about this interface is that no user downtime is required. Meaning the board stays up while we make these changes. Anyhow here is what we have planned:

1. More smilies.

2. An indicator that shows what threads you have posted in.

3. Email Notifications on PM will tell you who it was SENT from.

4. The ability to FORWARD PMs.

5. Online users by thread, not just by forum.

6. Adding additional next page indicators (top of page).

7. Various behind the scene plug-ins that will give us the ability to make this site better.

In addition the new site is getting close. TomShane has started a thread explaining many of the things we have planned. Just wanted to say it is getting close.

Also there have already been 34 enhancements that were implemented to the board. Many are minor but a lot of them were based on Feedback that we received from you.

Just wanted to thank everyone who has vistited us already. It hasn't been long but the response here has been tremendous. I spoke to the webhost today and they commented on how many hits we have generated already. They were surprised! Hopefully you realize how committed we are to make JetNation the best site going.

Thanks for your support!

That is awesome!!!! Good job guys!

LL

thank you Max and TS for all the time you have put into the site thus far.. it is appreciated :) :) :)

thank you Max and TS for all the time you have put into the site thus far.. it is appreciated :) :) :)

You're welcome greengal. And thanks for promising to jump out of the cake at our 100th new poster party this weekend at my house. I hope you're OK with vanilla frosting.

Thank you for thanking us. Your thanks are appreciated.

Thank you for thanking us. Your thanks are appreciated.

frankly i was just trying to get up my post count... i will break the top 5!!! :P

One mod I'd recommend getting to sooner or later if the software supports it: On KFFL if you mouse over a thread topic a box pops up after a half second showing the first line or so of the post: it's nifty because often threads are ambiguously titled and it can let you "preview" a post before you waste 3 seconds of your life and thousands of dollars in therapy clicking on a JonEJet nudie pic link.

This is a good idea. I'll have this change in over the weekend. Thanks!

Made some changes tonight, more coming over the next few days.

The e-mail notification about private messages now includes the information about the sender and it also includes the PM itself!

"Who Is Online" now shows what thread other users are in and at the top of each thread, you can see who else is reading that thread right now.

Tom M...thanks for making these changes. There are a few more that were made that have not been mentioned.

Things like putting the next page button on the top of each page, which will save time. There were 4 other cosmetic changes that went in along those lines.

Still to come...What thread have I posted in indicator. Should be installed by the end of the weekend.

Can we turn off the email notification of PMs?

theres a button in your profile setup...i was having problems with that too and maxman fixed it for me.

theres a button in your profile setup...i was having problems with that too and maxman fixed it for me.

Maxman is sooooo cool. Maxman fixes all the avatars. Maxman fixes all the PM's. Maxman fixes all the signatures. Eeeeh eehh ehhhh.

That's right Bob you can just go into your profile and update it. Let me know if there are any problems.

Maxman is sooooo cool. Maxman fixes all the avatars. Maxman fixes all the PM's. Maxman fixes all the signatures. Eeeeh eehh ehhhh.

Shut up Biatch. I am sick of you already.

Is there a way to increase the amount of posts per page?

Yes. Right now it is set to 15. If you can get 4 kronies to agree that it should be increased I may think about it.

Don't send any non-kronies my way. Their votes don't count.

Is there a way to increase the amount of posts per page?

Bro it was set to 15, I changed it to 20. Let me know what you think.

By any chance, has anyone seen Max's sense of humor? I haven't seen it since the Tobin days. I miss it.

If we find my sense of humor we will definitely unveil it as a New Feature.

Because I agree, it is long gone!