Jets wil*l upset** Bucs and pre*vent TB *from #1 seed *on* Sunday** official Gamedread**

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s a little weird that the jet sweep is our most effective play.

It’s a little weird because you have home field and you’re putting the game on the rookie quarterback that’s playing against the greatest comeback guy in any sport probably ever. I’m all for ballsy sh*t when you have nothing to lose but that win would have been awesome and it’s really sad to see Saleh not understand just exactly who he was trying that against. Like yeah let’s tug on Jordan’s cape. Ugh. 

• Upvote 1

To clarify, it is on the coaching staff.  They used a play that’s usually used in 4th and 1 situations only.  There’s a QB option on that play — a sneak and a hand off.  The coaches meant to take the option off — in essence, to modify the playbook there — and use the handoff only.  Saleh is saying they “failed to communicate” that the sneak was not an option there.  That’s obviously true.  Wilson let his ego get in the way, IMO.  Even if he never understood what the coaches intended, he made a selfish and brain dead decision.  A spindly QB can’t get 2 yds period let alone against a top D like TBs.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmm Wilson just verified what Saleh said and by the way, Saleh said the coaching staff takes full responsibility for the play call and that the Coaches have to do better!

What Lying ??????? :( 

Come On Man!

Wilson was just doing what he does because hes a good kid. 

Saleh should know better than to even hint that it may have been Zachs fault. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Start off.  Bengals game this year easily more exciting and better game.  

Eh, personally, I'd rather see Zach Wilson grow some balls and show promise of being a franchise QB against Tom Brady rather than our backup QB have a fluke good game.

But, that's one. Now give me 6-7 more. I'll wait.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s a little weird because you have home field and you’re putting the game on the rookie quarterback that’s playing against the greatest comeback guy in any sport probably ever. I’m all for ballsy sh*t when you have nothing to lose but that win would have been awesome and it’s really sad to see Saleh not understand just exactly who he was trying that against. Like yeah let’s tug on Jordan’s cape. Ugh. 

I wonder how much of it was Saleh’s ego wanting his shot to stop Brady in the two minute.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Bart Scott whose never liked Zach attacking him for not going to Berrios saying he has a character flaw. He wants to be the hero over winning a game. Look I didn’t like the decision but what is Bart talking about. He’s a dumbass. 

Bart has reached a point where it seems he's grinding the axe on behalf of Rex. It's sad.

I wish he was on the radio in Baltimore instead.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I prefer my HC to have a winners mentality and not be afraid to trust his team.

But he trusted his team enough to go for it on 4th and 2 to win the game.

Or should he not trust THAT part of the team?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

No matter how this ends, it's been a fun game guys!

Nobody except @Alka and @92ShaunEllis92 thought this would be anywhere near competitive, let alone with the Jets leading for nearly the entire game.

I appreciate that, but I honestly thought we would outright win the game.

I hate playing the "if" game, but "if" Michael Carter the running back stayed healthy in the game, and "if" George Fant stayed healthy in the game, the Jets would have won.

Both of these guys factored into my thoughts of why I thought the Jets would outright win the game.

Of course, I should have factored in the game that the coaching staff would make a "boneheaded" decision like having Zach go for a QB sneak with 4th down and 2 entire yards to go up the middle in my decision making, but unfortunately I can't think of everything!!!

I did say in my initial thread that Zach is playing more comfortable and I felt he would have a great game today, which I believe he did.

Zach will continue to have ups and downs, but I think he is finally headed in the right direction, and I am hopeful that it will continue.

I will say this now:  As much as I felt that the Jets would win today, I do not have that same thought for next week against the Bills.  All I really want to see next week is a competitive game, and I will be very satisfied.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

No. It's the smart move. Go up by 7 and trust the D or you trust your team to win in OT.

I prefer my HC to have a winners mentality and not be afraid to trust his team.

So going for the TD on 4th down and trying to go up by 11 is inferior?  Wow.  This is honestly the first time I have ever heard someone vociferously call for the 'kick and hope for OT' when ahead with a 4th and 2 inside the opponents 10 and they have no time outs and less than 2 minutes.  Guess you had different coaching!

1 minute ago, Alka said:

I appreciate that, but I honestly thought we would outright win the game.

I hate playing the "if" game, but "if" Michael Carter the running back stayed healthy in the game, and "if" George Fant stayed healthy in the game, the Jets would have won.

Both of these guys factored into my thoughts of why I thought the Jets would outright win the game.

Of course, I should have factored in the game that the coaching staff would make a "boneheaded" decision like having Zach go for a QB sneak with 4th down and 2 entire yards to go up the middle in my decision making, but unfortunately I can't think of everything!!!

I did say in my initial thread that Zach is playing more comfortable and I felt he would have a great game today, which I believe he did.

Zach will continue to have ups and downs, but I think he is finally headed in the right direction, and I am hopeful that it will continue.

I will say this now:  As much as I felt that the Jets would win today, I do not have that same thought for next week against the Bills.  All I really want to see next week is a competitive game, and I will be very satisfied.

Imagine if we had Elijah Moore this game.

Could've been a blowout!

7 minutes ago, ausman said:

To clarify, it is on the coaching staff.  They used a play that’s usually used in 4th and 1 situations only.  There’s a QB option on that play — a sneak and a hand off.  The coaches meant to take the option off — in essence, to modify the playbook there — and use the handoff only.  Saleh is saying they “failed to communicate” that the sneak was not an option there. 

Yes.  Rest was pointless.

1 hour ago, BroadwayBen said:

I just threw my glass table at my 65 inch TV, shattering both of them. This team has humiliated my entire family. My wife and kids are in tears as 40+ guests clear out of my house. Just threw my jersey into the firepit. I can't do this anymore. Goodbye 

If this is true, it is not the team that humiliated your family.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wonder how much of it was Saleh’s ego wanting his shot to stop Brady in the two minute.

I honestly think it’s just more that he doesn’t know what he’s doing. This kicker bullsh*t seems to have created a whole lot of confusion for the team in general. The last two weeks have made no sense.

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look you can complain about the 4th and 2 and the decisions of LaFleur and Zach. But they lost the game on a terrible play by Riley with 15 seconds left in the game. 

The 4th and 2 play was terrible but the defense on that last play was atrocious. Typical painful Jets loss. They tease you as much as they possibly can. 

The good news is that the QB showed progress with a very limited roster and just insane injuries. And we maintained draft position. 

I really wanted the win and am frustrated, but I will take it, all things considered. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Origen said:

So going for the TD on 4th down and trying to go up by 11 is inferior?  Wow.  This is honestly the first time I have ever heard someone vociferously call for the 'kick and hope for OT' when ahead with a 4th and 2 inside the opponents 10 and they have no time outs and less than 2 minutes.  Guess you had different coaching!

Yeah, winners not guys afraid to trust their team.