Return of the Bowles

RoadFan

Apparently, he is a HC candidate again!  

Punting on 4th and shorts from midfield down two scores late in the 4th quarter…

Giving up conversions on 3rd and a mile…

Not double covering Sammy Watkins…

A seemingly permanent facial expression…

Did I mention punting on 4th and shorts?

19 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Punting on 4th and shorts from midfield down two scores late in the 4th quarter…

He's probably  the best DC in the league  right now. Obviously the Bucs have much better players than he had on the Jets. 

43 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

He was a good guy in the locker room he had the trust of the players which is something he had to earn. Look at Urban Meyer he lost it fast. I always thought the players respected him and he never lost the locker room. My problem with him wasn’t occasional bad judgment mistakes like when to challenge or go for it in 4th down it was having a disorganized poorly functioning defense when that was his specialty. Well maybe he’s fixed that with the Bucs D he’s certainly done a good job in Tampa. I think he’ll stay with the Bucs and take over when Arians retires but maybe he’ll take one of those jobs. 

One of the biggest challenge to becoming the boss is balancing hiring talented people vs loyal cronies.   Another challenge is how much to let your people do their jobs vs getting involved when things don’t go right. 

Both Bowles and Saleh seem to come up short on the above.  Saleh appears to have a productive relationship with the GM-we will see how the Becton thing plays out.  Bowles was screwed on talent but he was no savior as an HC. If he does not correct his mistakes, it will end the same way. 

46 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He's probably  the best DC in the league  right now. Obviously the Bucs have much better players than he had on the Jets. 

Bvllsheet. 

NO NAY NEVER. 

He coaches the other side of the ball on a  team with a superior offense and an all time great QB. That's how you win in the NFL. It's not some brilliant defense Bolwes employe. .And watch; he is in fact the leader for the Raiders job, so he figures to get anothe 3 years there until they realize he's an average retread. 

Jets' defense under Bowles was never much better than okay. He never elevated any number of highly-drafted defenders. There was no great strategy he employed. What ever you think of Rex Ryan, for a time at tne beginning of his tenure, he did elevate his players and employ great strategies(even if there very diminished returns as things went on). 

Most games, the TB defense is teeing off on offenses throwing the ball out of desperation late in the game.

Bowles si still the guy punting at midlfielf late in the agme down 2 scores. He's a risk averse losert who got this job because for some reason out imbecile owner hried Charlie Caserly, and he is pals with Bowles. 

So tired of hearting how great this guy is. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Doesnt change the fact that he did this but just learned today that Bowles and the 2018 Jets went for it on 4th down 22 times which was the highest since the year 2000, we just eclipsed that (27 times 5th in NFL this season)

Bowles is a smart guy and a good coach ... he mayhave learned a thing or two from his failure here ..

Me .. i think our nepotistic scouting and player development depts doomed him.

Cleaning house this year in those depts has been refreshing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Bowles is a smart guy and a good coach ... he mayhave learned a thing or two from his failure here ..

Me .. i think our nepotistic scouting and player development depts doomed him.

Cleaning house this year in those depts has been refreshing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The second half of the Pittsburgh game he was punting down 2 scores in Steeler territory. You dont learn from decisions that ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Bvllsheet. 

NO NAY NEVER. 

He coaches the other side of the ball on a  team with a superior offense and an all time great QB. That's how you win in the NFL. It's not some brilliant defense Bolwes employe. .And watch; he is in fact the leader for the Raiders job, so he figures to get anothe 3 years there until they realize he's an average retread. 

Jets' defense under Bowles was never much better than okay. He never elevated any number of highly-drafted defenders. There was no great strategy he employed. What ever you think of Rex Ryan, for a time at tne beginning of his tenure, he did elevate his players and employ great strategies(even if there very diminished returns as things went on). 

Most games, the TB defense is teeing off on offenses throwing the ball out of desperation late in the game.

Bowles si still the guy punting at midlfielf late in the agme down 2 scores. He's a risk averse losert who got this job because for some reason out imbecile owner hried Charlie Caserly, and he is pals with Bowles. 

So tired of hearting how great this guy is. 

Yet he some how embarrassed  KC in a SB