Other NFL games today.....01/02

Beerfish

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Too bad there is no chase or even a dominant #1 Wr in this draft from what i have seen.  There are some pretty good players but i do not see  beast #1 guy.

JD needs to decide who is the best one, and grab him. Our offense needs playmakers badly.

You watch the teams with high flying offenses and they all have at least one great WR. It sounds like a broken record but we need weapons. At the very least a #1 WR, another RB and of course a TE.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I’d decide who is the best one, and grab him. Our offense needs playmakers badly.

You watch the teams with high flying offenses and they all have at least one great WR. It sounds like a broken record but we need weapons. At the very least a #1 WR, another RB and of course a TE.

I like Carter a lot.  I think we draft a TE with one of the 2nds or our 3rd.  Maybe our big FA will be a WR

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I like Carter a lot.  I think we draft a TE with one of the 2nds or our 3rd.  Maybe our big FA will be a WR

We all like Carter, but truth is, on a good team he’s not a starter, he’s D’Ernest Johnson. 
I don’t think he is big enough to be the main RB, we need a big guy we can ground and pound with, and use MC as a 3rd down and gadget play back.

I’m over the search for FA #1 WRs. We need to find a Metcalf, Lamb or Chase type guy in the draft. We certainly have the picks to do it, JD needs to find him.

This team has made it clear how they want to rebuild, and it’s through the draft. That’s fine, because the elite FAs aren’t going to come here until we do rebuild. Draft impact guys at impact positions, then fill in the blanks.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You know what's awesome about drafting anywhere in slots 3-10 this year? Oh wait ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

That’s crazy.
Even if we stay where we are, there’s absolutely no reason why we can’t get two impact players with our two #1’s. 
In reality we should get a few more in this draft assuming Douglas is even mediocre at his job. He’s spent over two years to get to this point, and now we’re there.

Its time for him to put up or shut up with this draft.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We all like Carter, but truth is, on a good team he’s not a starter, he’s D’Ernest Johnson. 
I don’t think he is big enough to be the main RB, we need a big guy we can ground and pound with, and use MC as a 3rd down and gadget play back.

I think you area selling him a little bit short with the D'Ernest Johnson comparison.  I agree that he is not a true feature back who is gonna get 250+ carries a year.  I think he can be an Austin Ekeler/Aaron Jones type.  10-12 carries a game.  4 - 6 receptions.  He can be a very valuable part of an RB by Committee.  I expect that we will draft another RB, probably day 3, or sign a mid-tier FA to replace Coleman and compete for a spot on the comittee.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think you area selling him a little bit short with the D'Ernest Johnson comparison.  I agree that he is not a true feature back who is gonna get 250+ carries a year.  I think he can be an Austin Ekeler/Aaron Jones type.  10-12 carries a game.  4 - 6 receptions.  He can be a very valuable part of an RB by Committee.  I expect that we will draft another RB, probably day 3, or sign a mid-tier FA to replace Coleman and compete for a spot on the comittee.

It wasn’t meant to sell him short, I think Johnson is a pretty good RB actually. He’s just not as good as Chubb or Hunt so he doesn’t get many reps. When he had to start a game earlier this year he rushed for over 150 yards, and when he’s been called upon he’s performed very well.

I think your vision of Carter’s role is eerily similar to mine, I used Johnson as my example because he came to mind, but I have absolutely no problem with the Ekeler/Jones comp. 

I do differ with you in that I’d love to see us get a big bruising type RB though, and have him wear teams down, rather than do the committee thing.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

It wasn’t meant to sell him short, I think Johnson is a pretty good RB actually. He’s just not as good as Chubb or Hunt so he doesn’t get many reps. When he had to start a game earlier this year he rushed for over 150 yards, and when he’s been called upon he’s performed very well.

I think your vision of Carter’s role is eerily similar to mine, I used Johnson as my example because he came to mind, but I have absolutely no problem with the Ekeler/Jones comp. 

I do differ with you in that I’d love to see us get a big bell cow type RB though, rather than do the committee thing.

I would love one of those guys too, but there are not many of those bell cow type running backs in the NFL anymore.  And fewer still who can handle the pounding for more than a couple of years.  Taylor, Chubb, Mixon, Henry, Cook.  Those guys are hard to find, and with the number of holes on our roster, I think its a luxury we can't afford.  I dno't want to use any of those top 4 picks on an RB.

38 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Seattle -51

Detroit - 29

Remember weeks ago when Dan Campbell was being used an an example of what Robert Saleh should be.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Dan Campbell has his team playing very hard each week. They’ve been in a lot more games than we have this season.

I don’t think he’s the guy you should be using as a comparison here. It’s not a good look for Saleh

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would love one of those guys too, but there are not many of those bell cow type running backs in the NFL anymore.  And fewer still who can handle the pounding for more than a couple of years.  Taylor, Chubb, Mixon, Henry, Cook.  Those guys are hard to find, and with the number of holes on our roster, I think its a luxury we can't afford.  I dno't want to use any of those top 4 picks on an RB.

Cook version 2 lite in this draft and I'd be happy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I guess it depends on how you picture building a team.

I like the Aikman, Irving, Smith “Triplicates” model. I see a lot of that in Burrow, Chase and Mixon. Granted, I’m using 3 HOF players and two young superstars in my example, but my point is get a above average QB, a stud WR and a really good RB, your offense can compete every Sunday.  

Then, once you’ve got that offense, and they can both eat clock or put up points quickly, I’d look to fix my defense. It shouldn’t be too hard, assuming the offense is putting up points.
A decent defense playing with a lead looks a lot better than a really good one that gets worn down by a 3 and out offense every week.

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Idk why everyone thinks a rb is crucial. We have a good rb group.

draft thibs/michigan guy first. Guarantee one will be there because ot and matt corral will be taken before we pick

then burks, then windermeyer then best O line guy available

Has anyone heard anything about Corral’s injury last night? How bad is it?

No way is Rodgers leaving Green Bay.  Oh he will talk about and hint about just to get the attention but I think he has realized he is on a well built well coached team with weapons all over the place a good enough defense.  He is not going to go to a better situation.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No way is Rodgers leaving Green Bay.  Oh he will talk about and hint about just to get the attention but I think he has realized he is on a well built well coached team with weapons all over the place a good enough defense.  He is not going to go to a better situation.

He’d be dumb to leave. They win 13 games every year with Lafleur and he’s about to win back to back mvps.

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

He’d be dumb to leave. They win 13 games every year with Lafleur and he’s about to win back to back mvps.

I hate the guy personally, he is the teflon don of the nfl.  Bitching about how the packers are drafting and such all the while they have provided him with pro bowlers on the oline rb and perhaps the best wr in the league.  He flat out blew the playoff game last year and yet all that anyone talked about lafleur kicking a fg instead of letting him go for it on 4th down.  Nothing is ever his fault.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Isaiah Spiller - RB - Texas AM

He will be the pick with the 2nd round pick we get from Carolina.

Been watching him for a few years (wife is an Aggie).

Good back who is used to splitting the load and doesn't have a huge amount of mileage on him from college.