We lost on purpose or...

Bronx

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No matter how you slice it, we got the best outcome today.  We played a heck of a game but came up short in the end.  Everyone gained confidence and belief in what is going on here and we kept our draft psotion.

Its a win in my book.

Thank god this game didn’t have meaning, like you said probably for the best. 

This was such a fun game. So much to love. Zach was great. Berrios was great.

I guess it doesn't really matter that they lost? That said, this was the most enjoyment I've had watching a game so far this year by a lot. And it ends with a swift kick in the balls.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Green Dude said:

Salah didn't call the QB sneak

I understand that. 

But the HC always has final say in situations like that. 

That's a moment where a true head coach has to step in quickly and say "no this isnt the right call". 

• Upvote 1

Saleh for not calling off that play call last this game for us, and also allowing this stupid prevent D.

A prevent D would’ve had 3 guys swarming that receiver. We weren’t in prevent at all, the S had to choose his man. As soon as the receiver cut in underneath he needed to cover the over the top guy. He got flat footed and left him open. If you complain at least know what you’re looking at. The play call was agressive, the player (Riley) ****ed up royally.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No matter how you slice it, we got the best outcome today.  We played a heck of a game but came up short in the end.  Everyone gained confidence and belief in what is going on here and we kept our draft psotion.

Its a win in my book.

F that !    You had that game won and called the worst play call imaginable.  The best case scenario is to win the effin game and beat Brady.  F our draft position.  If that mattered we would already be champions with all these high picks.  

• Upvote 1

I, like I'm sure many of you did, called it on 4th and 2..  I told the ladyfriend get ready for Jets football.. This is where we go for it, not get it, and Brady drives the length of the field for the W. 

Jokes on them tho..  I was rooting for the L.

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

A prevent D would’ve had 3 guys swarming that receiver. We weeent in prevent at all, the S had to choose his man. As soon as the receiver cut in underneath he needed to cover the over the top guy. He got flat footed and left him open. If you complain at least know what you’re looking at. The play all was agressive, the player (Riley) ****ed up royally.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I know it wasn't prevent D I was being sarcastic...

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its a win in my book.

For once, please man. Defeating Brady is the most satisfying thing for a Jets fan...please stop.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

F that !    You had that game won and called the worst play call imaginable.  The best case scenario is to win the effin game and beat Brady.  F our draft position.  If that mattered we would already be champions with all these high picks.  

So I guess Mike Lafluer blew the game.  And his playcalling was brilliant today.  So I am ok that he had a brain fart there.

Don’t understand how people can rag on Saleh after that game. The Jets are way overmatched talent-wise versus that team and threw the game on what amounted to an awful play call. 

But more than results, the team is finding ways to rush the ball effectively and Zach has drastically cut down on the turnovers and is actually playing way faster with his decision-making. I’m ecstatic about that part of what we’ve seen from him, which is actual growth. Who cares if we lost this game, it means nothing to us in a lost season. We played clean football for most of the game and actually played well on all phases for once. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So I guess Mike Lafluer blew the game.  And his playcalling was brilliant today.  So I am ok that he had a brain fart there.

You cant brain fart there.  You just had a timeout.  You had the time to call a good play.  He called what could honestly be the worst play call i have seen in nearly 35 years of Jet football  

16 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Either we lost on purpose or we made the dumbest call ever.

Gosh!

Dumbest call ever or Dumbest Jets call - I seem to remember Brady winning a SB over a pretty stupid short yardage call near the goal :-)

A little hard to think correctly, but I am sure we have had dumber play calls - can't remember, but heck it is the Jets.