Has Wilson gone from Bust to Great? Sarcasm intended

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Davis Mills threw for 163 yards today and threw a completion to the other team. 

Statistically,  that's Zach Wilson's average game, Chief. 

The fact that that's all you took out of my post just tells me you have no interest in an actual discussion. Good to know. 

Back to work.

"YAY!! OUR GUY THREW FOR A WHOLE 200 YARDS!! HES THE BESTEST GAME MANAGER EVER!! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Maybe that was the point.... ? 

Wilson looked solid today, he looked like he belonged in the league instead of the inaccurate spaz in the pocket that was hurling V-2 Rockets at anthills for weeks at a time. 

Buy we have a long way to go. We're celebrating 200 yard games with one TD and no picks in a league where guys named Davis Mills, Josh Johnson,  and Tyler Heineken come in and throw for 400. Hell, Joe Burrow recently had a 500+ yard game.

A lot of this has to do with the team around him, but it's an important factor.  They NEED to get reliable receivers for him. Corey Davis was inconsistent when he was in, and then disappeared.  Braxton Berrios has been the only constant, and they need more.

Where it can effect Wilson is in the Darnold effect, he had some games in his Rookie Year that Wilson has yet to sniff (also with pretty bad receivers). But the lack of talent around Darnold destroyed his development and led to the reboot. 

Now, we need to see the full package come together next year, with NO EXCUSES.  

I honestly want the kid to be the answer, but we are nowhere near knowing it yet. 

Drafting a Safety and an ER with a young QB playing with GARBAGE is insanity to me. It's why I went mental when after Darnold, McRetard drafted DT after DT like he had tourrettes syndrome.

This is fine and dandy and you may be right but, IMO,  its just as 'insane' to pass on Thib or Hutch if they miraculously fall to the Jets. Or, if, lets say leading up to the draft we get a closer look at a guy like Karlaftis and/or Ojabo and they look like absolute studs and we pass on them to reach for a WR in a weak WR draft. 

The Jets have two top 10 draft picks and they have to take the top talent. I'm not gonna reach for a WR when I have a chance to draft a stud pass rusher. I'm also not passing on an elite O-line prospect for any WR coming out of this draft. I'm sure many will disagree, but I'm fine with waiting until Rd. 2 (maybe trading up for one). But not with one of our top 10 picks.  

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The fact that that's all you took out of my post just tells me you have no interest in an actual discussion. Good to know. 

Back to work.

"YAY!! OUR GUY THREW FOR A WHOLE 200 YARDS!! HES THE BESTEST GAME MANAGER EVER!! 

The Jets were down their WR1, WR2, WR3, RB1, RB2, TE1, TE2, C & lost their LT mid game, against one of the best teams in football. It’s not always all about stats. Zach played well

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Back to work.

I’ve seen your “work”. You’re not fooling anyone. 

4 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

The Jets were down their WR1, WR2, WR3, RB1, RB2, TE1, TE2, C & lost their LT mid game, against one of the best teams in football. It’s not always all about stats. Zach played well

Don’t mind him. He’s bitter that Zach might actually be good. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Back to work.

I agree that we should be focusing on offense, as it is has already been learned over the last 3 seasons that it is a mistake to not put your young QB in the best position possible to succeed.  I think they'll do that this offseason.

I would rather have a middling 20 something defense if it means we can have a top 10 offense.  At the very least it will lead to some exciting football being played.

However, while I completely agree with that take I don't see how it jives with the "Whole 200 yards, bestest game manager!" take.  The guy is playing in a situation that you wouldn't wish any QB to be in and looked the part.  With some drops and a lot of throw aways bringing down his completion percentage to journeyman numbers whilst throwing to practice squad guys, I think the kid looked like an exceptional FQB prospect today. 

Of course there is a lot of work to be done, but you can see the foundation of success at the QB position is there, and it's something to be excited about.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I agree that we should be focusing on offense, as it is has already been learned over the last 3 seasons that it is a mistake to not put your young QB in the best position possible to succeed.  I think they'll do that this offseason.

I would rather have a middling 20 something defense if it means we can have a top 10 offense.  At the very least it will lead to some exciting football being played.

However, while I completely agree with that take I don't see how it jives with the "Whole 200 yards, bestest game manager!" take.  The guy is playing in a situation that you wouldn't wish any QB to be in and looked the part.  With some drops and a lot of throw aways bringing down his completion percentage to journeyman numbers whilst throwing to practice squad guys, I think the kid looked like an exceptional FQB prospect today. 

Of course there is a lot of work to be done, but you can see the foundation of success at the QB position is there, and it's something to be excited about.

I was ******* with Peace Frog. ✌