Painful loss but positive progress! There are no moral victories but we’re getting a glimpse of what this team can be.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Not sure how these inexperienced players could have done enough to win without the preparation and playcalling of the coaches, but OK. 

Well I know they prepared on Offense, not sure the same could be said on defense. See the same mistakes week in and week out. Whatever they think the process should be, it ain't working.

• Thumb Down 1

I was entertained. Glad Zach didn’t do another 3 and out lighting fast like his previous two drives. Dumb coaching ( hope he learns from it - but glad he did it. A win today would’ve done nothing. Hoping for a carbon copy next week. ?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Not sure how these inexperienced players could have done enough to win without the preparation and playcalling of the coaches, but OK. 

This loss was on LaFluer and Saleh. No way in hell do you call a quarterback sneak in that situation. Not even with Josh Allen do you call that just a dumb dumb play selection. Let’s hope that in this lost season they learned something and take that call off the play sheet if the situation ever occurs again 

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Our entire secondary made up of 1st and 2nd year players. With no pass rush. 

Not surprised Brady throws for over 400 yards.  

Agree, I feel bad for those kids, because with a different defensive system I bet they could be better even though they are just rookies.

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

Saleh said that the sneak was a result of miscommunication, Zach did what he was supposed to but not what the coaches wanted. He made the right read, just didn’t get the message

Saleh shouldn't have put him in that situation... He should have nixed the play, or called a TO.

19 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Well I know they prepared on Offense, not sure the same could be said on defense. See the same mistakes week in and week out. Whatever they think the process should be, it ain't working.

Botched GIF by E!

16 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Our entire secondary made up of 1st and 2nd year players. With no pass rush. 

Not surprised Brady throws for over 400 yards.  

This is a very young group whose best player on the field today may have been a guy who would be the CB2 on many other teams (Hall).  There's no Carl Lawson out there, no Quinnen Williams.  Most of the guys playing were drafted outside of Round 2 or not drafted at all.

You could coach me as hard as you want but as a 5'10" 40-something year old I'll never dunk a basketball regardless if I spent a year in training with Dominique Wilkins and Michael Jordan.  We just don't yet have the players, @68JET11.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, CSNY said:

This loss was on LaFluer and Saleh. No way in hell do you call a quarterback sneak in that situation. Not even with Josh Allen do you call that just a dumb dumb play selection. Let’s hope that in this lost season they learned something and take that call off the play sheet if the situation ever occurs again 

Channel 9 Point GIF by The Block

19 minutes ago, Hex said:

Saleh said that the sneak was a result of miscommunication, Zach did what he was supposed to but not what the coaches wanted. He made the right read, just didn’t get the message

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Botched GIF by E!

This is a very young group whose best player on the field today may have been a guy who would be the CB2 on many other teams (Hall).  There's no Carl Lawson out there, no Quinnen Williams.  Most of the guys playing were drafted outside of Round 2 or not drafted at all.

You could coach me as hard as you want but as a 5'10" 40-something year old I'll never dunk a basketball regardless if I spent a year in training with Dominique Wilkins and Michael Jordan.  We just don't yet have the players, @68JET11.

Sorry, don't buy it... I feel bad for the guys on our defense... I know they weren't #1 picks, but I like them. I love the way Echols balls, and Hall with a little teaching could be the #1 CB we need him to be. I like MC2, and Davis... These guys need to be coached up the proper way, not the sit back 10 yards and hope nobody throws it in front of you.

16 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Sorry, don't buy it... I feel bad for the guys on our defense... I know they weren't #1 picks, but I like them. I love the way Echols balls, and Hall with a little teaching could be the #1 CB we need him to be. I like MC2, and Davis... These guys need to be coached up the proper way, not the sit back 10 yards and hope nobody throws it in front of you.

That's a fair take.  Just a difference of opinion here.  After 8 months with these players I think the coaches know exactly what they have in them.  My guess is that in deciding between having the Bucs WRs catch 10 yard passes in front of our CBs or having the Bucs WRs catch 60 yard TDs over their heads the coaches chose the former.

• Sympathy 1

The Jets were a depleted roster coming in and got beat up even harder as the game went on.  But through the whole game up until that last drive they looked like a well coached team that was in a dog fight with a superbowl contender.

While it feels sour because we know we should have won the game, this type of game is exactly what we've been looking for since the season began.  Well done all around.  Resign Berrios please.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Hex said:

How does that happen in the most crucial moment of the game?  Hopefully a teaching moment for all involved 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are about to enter the best stretch of jets football in franchise history.  Enjoy jet fans!!!!!  It is going to be one heck of a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game reminds me to the T (listen closely youngsters) of when Richard Todd and the young talented team that was being put together around him played a game against the Oakland Raiders that was very similar to today.  They had Kenny Stabler and the big bad SB Champion Raiders Beat, put a real scare into them, but had an almost identical outcome as today.

Didnt matter to me, I knew that something had definitely clicked and the Jets would be soon fielding very competitive teams that would be a SB threat every year.

I actually liked Richard Todd lots of the time and thought he got an overly bad rap.  He in no way could make the type of tight window throws on ropes that Zach Wilson can...consistently.

Get Happy.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

This was the best of both worlds. They looked good today and we’re one play away from a win and they still have the 3rd overall pick. 

7A42CAC5-B795-49E0-99A7-B9ACD5C4C431.jpeg

We only have the 3rd overall if Houston wins. 

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Most content I could and have ever been after a loss.

Our signature win of the season was the Titans game.

Our signature game of the season was definitely this one. 

We have a true foundation to build off of….let’s finish strong next week on the road.

Other than Zach and AVT almost none of the guys you'd expect the Jets to be counting on going forward in 2022 (Moore, Becton, Michael Carter, Fant, etc.) were playing.  It's amazing how Zach's progress combined with a good game plan and young player's knowing their roles really made the offense look capable today.