Zack Wilson absolutely roasted on Jets Postgame show

15 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Maybe not buddies in the locker room, but when they all go in and look at the film on Tuesday I am pretty sure that probably more than just a few guys are going to be looking at Zach and thinking WTF ? A Gap was open. You might need to get your eyes checked there.

So you’re saying none of the other guys on the team ever make a mistake like dropping a ball, or a late hit, or holding so they’ll judge his “mistake” especially harshly?

34 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

I enjoyed Zach Wilson's game yesterday and I also enjoyed Bart, Willie and Leger's take on SNY.  It's an opinion based on their real world professional football player experience , you don't have to agree with it.

Some Fans hate to hear any criticism;  Cimini, Bart, Willie, Leger, Ray Lucas, Mark Cannizzarro, Conor Hughes all get roasted when they express an honest opinion.

Fair. But it's not about about criticism. At least not about criticism of his play IMO. I think that's the real issue here. 

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It’s not a defense, we are talking about his character and ability to lead.  

How would being nice contribute to that?  And I'd argue that we know next to nothing about his character.  Only what we see/read in the press or by his media team.

All I was pointing out is that we all read the "great young man"/"good kid" stuff about Darnold and a slew of other QBs/players before they were exposed and out of here.  Too early to make that judgement on Wilson.  But already hearing the "good kid" excuses after he blows a potential winning play is a bit concerning.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What if Bart wanted Justin Fields because Justin Fields was the acknowledged leader of a top-2 FBS program that churns out NFL players while Zach Wilson was out in Utah fighting for his starting job?

So you’ve taken your hypothetical conjecture and started to put some faux-meat around it. 

Building a back story, if you will. 

Man, gotta hand it to you, you have this sh*t locked down. 

Maybe layer in some of his Mom tweeting crap and you have MONTHS of material. 

Well done sir. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

What if Bart wanted Justin Fields because Justin Fields was the acknowledged leader of a top-2 FBS program that churns out NFL players while Zach Wilson was out in Utah fighting for his starting job?

Yeah the thing is Bart isn't flinging turds on a message board like the rest of us. He is being paid to produce insightful discussions about football, not getting pissy about a draft gone by.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How would being nice contribute to that?  And I'd argue that we know next to nothing about his character.  Only what we see/read in the press or by his media team.

All I was pointing out is that we all read the "great young man"/"good kid" stuff about Darnold and a slew of other QBs/players before they were exposed and out of here.  Too early to make that judgement on Wilson.  But already hearing the "good kid" excuses after he blows a potential winning play is a bit concerning.

You’re looking to much into this.  

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hypothetically speaking, Scott and CJ Mosley have that Ravens/Jets connection and Mosley is currently living in hell here. Does anyone think Mosley, if asked behind closed doors, would say that he’s loving life with Zach as his QB? 

Even if this is true...Hypothetically.  

There are cliques everywhere and an NFL football team isn't excluded from that. 

I'm sure there's a contingent of Jets that didn't want to be part of a rebuild with a raw rookie QB.  Reasonable to feel that way - but it is the reality of what was happening.

I'm sure there are also plenty of people that are on board with this process....That also see Wilson during the week in practice and know what his game is capable of..

Point is, hypothetically what you say might be correct, but it's not anything that shouldn't be expected and there's noreason to believe it's the team  consensus.  

Bart's  take on Wilson is a strange one for an adult man to have about a 22 year old kid.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Should be mentioned that this isn’t the first time we’ve heard of Zach Wilson having poor leadership skills. You’ll remember that one of the big stories throughout the draft process was that Wilson wasn’t considered a great leader at BYU (which both Zach and his HC acknowledged), and that he didn’t get the ‘C’ until the coaches retrofit it for him (only after an injury to another player) after his team failed to vote for him to be a Captain. Add in the orgiastic manner in which the team responded to Mike White, and maybe there’s something to the claim that Zach is having some difficulties meshing with his teammates in that leadership role. He seems like a nice dude and a hard worker, but that doesn’t always translate when you’re trying to lead. 

This isn't the first time? What's being mentioned right now? That Bart Scott called him selfish for a QB sneak? 

Also Zach was named captain this season, which is voted by the players. He doesn't have Burrow swag or Mike White swag but doesn't mean the team doesn't like him lol.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, yvj said:

Yeah the thing is Bart isn't flinging turds on a message board like the rest of us. He is being paid to produce insightful discussions about football, not getting pissy about a draft gone by.

I mean, there’s not much difference between what Bart is doing and what we do here, other than the fact that Bart is flinging his turds from the perspective of a former player.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Even if this is true...Hypothetically.  

There are cliques everywhere and an NFL football team isn't excluded from that. 

I'm sure there's a contingent of Jets that didn't want to be part of a rebuild with a raw rookie QB.  Reasonable to feel that way - but it is the reality of what was happening.

I'm sure there are also plenty of people that are on board with this process....That also see Wilson during the week in practice and know what his game is capable of..

Point is, hypothetically what you say might be correct, but it's not anything that shouldn't be expected and it's almost little reason to believe it's the team  consensus.  

Bart's  take on Wilson is a strange one for an adult man to have about a 22 year old kid.

100%. Every rookie QB is faced with getting over that hurdle of becoming a leader on a team with veterans on it, and I’ve never heard one of them say it was easy. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Haha, like Bart or anyone of us had any idea of who Zach was back then. Nice try pal!  Wait? Damn! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, there’s not much difference between what Bart is doing and what we do here, other than the fact that Bart is flinging his turds from the perspective of a former player.

Nah you expect a guy or gal to throw up their real life frustrations disguised as football discussion here because, not only are we not former football players who should have nuance, but we are doing it for free. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think Bart’s experience playing with Sanchez has made him dislike young QBs, and Wilson has been terrible for the majority of the year, so he hasn’t done much to change Bart’s mind. If you’re a defensive player and you just spent three hours holding down Tom Brady and the Buccaneers offense, you’d probably be pretty chapped at that QB sneak play. Saleh should have unambiguously taken responsibility for the call instead of equivocating, because it left an opening for people who are Wilson skeptics to slam Wilson, whether he deserves it or not. I also think Saleh was super happy to talk about the sneak instead of talking about why he had one backup safety defending the goal line with 20 seconds left and the Bucs having no time outs. 

But you didn't spend 3 hours holding down anybody. Tom Brady had 400+ yards passing and drove the length of the field with no timeouts in two minutes. 

Also, Bart Scott is a clown.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The difference is that if a poster here had the same feelings about a player or fellow poster that border on the illogical feelings Bart has for Zach, and what they truly are all about, they would have been banned for a month. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think Bart’s experience playing with Sanchez has made him dislike young QBs, and Wilson has been terrible for the majority of the year, so he hasn’t done much to change Bart’s mind. If you’re a defensive player and you just spent three hours holding down Tom Brady and the Buccaneers offense, you’d probably be pretty chapped at that QB sneak play. Saleh should have unambiguously taken responsibility for the call instead of equivocating, because it left an opening for people who are Wilson skeptics to slam Wilson, whether he deserves it or not. I also think Saleh was super happy to talk about the sneak instead of talking about why he had one backup safety defending the goal line with 20 seconds left and the Bucs having no time outs. 

Fair. Bart is still probably struggling with his,” Can’t Wait!” Tagline turning into an ass whooping instead of a lifetime of glory. If they win that game instead of losing even my mom might know who he is. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The difference is Bart Scott is actually paid to have legitimate takes free from bias and based on something tangible. He's in the "media" (not like that's saying much in this country), after all. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

But you didn't spend 3 hours holding down anybody. Tom Brady had 400+ yards passing and drove the length of the field with no timeouts in two minutes. 

Also, Bart Scott is a clown.

The Bucs had 20 points with 2 minutes left! They held them to 68 yards rushing! Prior to the last two minutes (and, really, the one long TD pass) the Jets defense player their little hearts out!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

The difference is that if a poster here had the same feelings about a player or fellow poster that border on the illogical feelings Bart has for Zach, and what they truly are all about, they would have been banned for a month. 

No chance would you ban Bart Scott for a month for saying Zach Wilson is a mush. That’s ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The difference is Bart Scott is actually paid to have legitimate takes free from bias and based on something tangible.

That is absolutely not Bart Scott’s job. I dislike Bart Scott, and I can’t stand him on the radio, but why do we think Bart Scott is supposed to be a straight news reporter?

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Fair. Bart is still probably struggling with his,” Can’t Wait!” Tagline turning into an ass whooping instead of a lifetime of glory. If they win that game instead of losing even my mom might know who he is. 

He still got his $50 million lol

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Bucs had 20 points with 2 minutes left! They held them to 68 yards rushing! Prior to the last two minutes (and, really, the one long TD pass) the Jets defense player their little hearts out!

I'm not saying they didn't play their hearts out, I'm just saying they didn't hold the bucs "down" and they gave up the game winning drive on an absolutely dreadful last second play. Also, you tend to give up limited rushing yards when you give up 400+ through the air.

I'm not knocking them, I thought they played their asses off. The whole team did. This was one of the best showings of the year and a very good game for Saleh and Wilson. But it was a team loss. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That is absolutely not Bart Scott’s job. I dislike Bart Scott, and I can’t stand him on the radio, but why do we think Bart Scott is supposed to be a straight news reporter?

No, he's not a reporter. He's an analyst who gives his opinions/analysis. His opinions are supposed to be based on something. He's not a message board poster. He's not supposed to be a troll. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No chance would you ban Bart Scott for a month for saying Zach Wilson is a mush. That’s ridiculous. 

You know that's not what I was referring to, or what a bunch of other people on this board feel the real reason is that Bart Scott hates Zach. I'll leave it at that.

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm not saying they didn't play their hearts out, I'm just saying they didn't hold the bucs "down" and they gave up the game winning drive on an absolutely dreadful last second play. Also, you tend to give up limited rushing yards when you give up 400+ through the air.

I'm not knocking them, I thought they played their asses off. The whole team did. This was one of the best showings of the year and a very good game for Saleh and Wilson. But it was a team loss. 

I think that if you hold Tom Brady to 20 points for 58:40 of game time, you’ve done a hell of a job

1 minute ago, section314 said:

You know that's not what I was referring to, or what a bunch of other people on this board feel the real reason is that Bart Scott hates Zach. I'll leave it at that.

You believe Bart Scott is an anti-white racist and you’d ban him for a month solely because you believe he’s an anti-white racist?

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wanted Justin Fields too, but they didn't pick him and I do not now devote my life to pissing on Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

No, he's not a reporter. He's an analyst who gives his opinions/analysis. His opinions are supposed to be based on something. He's not a message board poster. He's not supposed to be a troll. 

Do we know that his opinion isn’t based on something? He’s a lot more likely to know what goes on in the Jets locker room than any poster on this website.

16 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

Par for the course for those 3, they always go negative take on Wilson.

Wilson plays arguably his best game as a pro and makes one possible error at the end and that’s the talking point?

Well to be honest,  it was a possible game winning play but that doesn't  erase all the other good plays he made against a pretty good defense. Bad TV to focus on a solitary play. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think that if you hold Tom Brady to 20 points for 58:40 of game time, you’ve done a hell of a job

Just saw Chris Carter on GMF.   On the winning TD pass, Carter said Brady saw cover two, hitch faked with his shoulder to make our safety cover the route in the flat which left one-on-one to the outside receiver.    Once again, as we've seen a million times, Brady's understanding of the game/field sealed that win.