Zack Wilson absolutely roasted on Jets Postgame show

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Do we know that his opinion isn’t based on something? He’s a lot more likely to know what goes on in the Jets locker room than any poster on this website.

If it's based on something tangible, he should tell us - otherwise, he should shut the f*ck up and give us actual analysis of the game.

Also, I don't buy that Bart Scott has any real inside knowledge of what the team thinks of Wilson. He's a shock jock who says a lot of crazy, unfounded sh*t. He should be on the radio. He has no business being on a postgame show. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

They’re all a bunch of clowns. Yeah, Wilson wanted the glory. Idiots. 

I don't know if that is so far from the truth. Zach spent most of this season holding the ball and loading up to make a deep pass splash play and yesterday he seemed to want to be the guy to make the play that won the game instead of giving the ball to Berrios.  I don't  know if Zach being selfish there is so far from the truth. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

And the 4th and 2 is irrelevant if the defense doesn't give up a TD in 2 minutes with no timeouts. Works both ways. It was a team loss. 

It doesn’t work both ways. If the offense doesn’t **** up so badly, the defense isn’t put in position to have to stop the best two minute QB in the history of the sport. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't know if that is so far from the truth. Zach spent most of this season holding the ball and loading up to make a deep pass splash play and yesterday he seemed to want to be the guy to make the play that won the game instead of giving the ball to Berrios.  I don't  know if Zach being selfish there is so far from the truth. 

christmas vacation GIF

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I mean if they have evidence he called his own number then yeah that’s bush leave and deserves to be lit up.  Seems pretty unlikely.

Did you hear Saleh in his post game? They called a Jet sweep but Zach has the option to keep it if he sees something in the defense. I don't  think Zach knew it was over a yard. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You believe Bart Scott is an anti-white racist and you’d ban him for a month solely because you believe he’s an anti-white racist?

The point is that if Bart Scott, or any other poster on this great forum, carried on an absolutely illogical, mean , personal attack campaign for three plus months, every day of the week, against Zack or any other member of JN, they would definitely have been given the boot. I was very close myself a couple of years ago, when I made a few anti Fireman Ed posts, and Max gave me a warning about personal attacks on this site. I apologized, and stopped.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I would say they did a hell of a job until the last drive of the game. 

Agreed. You have to learn how to win. Hopefully this a lesson that pays off in the future. OR, it portends of things to come. One never knows. 

Lots of young players and coaches on this team. They either galvanize, or they fracture. Galvanizing is a wonderful to behold. Fracturing, well, we have witnessed that before.

You have to like that this team was paying hard in week 17. We have not always seen that.

• Upvote 2

Just now, section314 said:

The point is that if Bart Scott, or any other poster on this great forum, carried on an absolutely illogical, mean , personal attack campaign for three plus months, every day of the week, against Zack or any other member of JN, they would definitely have been given the boot. I was very close myself a couple of years ago, when I made a few anti Fireman Ed posts, and Max gave me a warning about personal attacks on this site. I apologized, and stopped.

Ah. I haven’t heard Scott all season because I think postgame shows are generally trash. 

• Upvote 1

Did Bart Scott talk about the third and 20 conversion when the Bucs were backed up and reeling?  That play changed the complexion of the game enormously.

Was it selfish of Echols to be thinking his guy was going deep so he had another shot at a jump ball pick?  Is that hero ball? I bet Bart doesn’t think that was selfish.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Did Bart Scott talk about the third and 20 conversion when the Bucs were backed up and reeling?  That play changed the complexion of the game enormously.

Was it selfish of Echols to be thinking his guy was going deep so he had another shot at a jump ball pick?  Is that hero ball? I bet Bart doesn’t think that was selfish.

No, baseless attacks on a player's character only apply to the 22 year old rookie QB. 

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Bart Scott went all in on his Zach hate pre-draft. Like many on this site he’s incredibly dig in on Zach failing. 
It sucks because he’s ruined that post game show I used to love.  I just go to the ration now.

Zach just had his best game of his career - is showing an incredible amount of progress.  And they’re attacking him for running the play that was called.  Very sad.  

They called a Jet Sweep. Zach had an option to keep if he thought he can make it. Saleh blamed LeFlure for not being clear it was a Jet sweep and nothing else.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I know when I played QB in high school I couldn’t wait to run the QB sneak and get all the accolades and the fat cheerleader screaming my name.  Nothing says glory like a QB sneak, which is all reliant on the OL.

You have to admire the dedication and resourcefulness of the anti-Wilson brigade. Spinning a QB sneak as a ploy for glory. LMAO. Talk about throwing sh*t against the wall.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

They called a Jet Sweep. Zach had an option to keep if he thought he can make it. Saleh blamed LeFlure for not being clear it was a Jet sweep and nothing else.  

I am assuming there are "reads" which decide if he is to switch the play. Of course those reads should be how the defensive line is set up, or if the sweep read was a "no go" to him.

The real thing of importance here is what did he see that made him switch the call, and did be see it correctly. If he made the switch correctly (based on the read), then you credit the defense. If not, then Zach needs more work.

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

That is correct, but they said he ran the play that the read told him. Basically, he had two options, and choose the play based on the defensive read.  He did exactly what he was supposed to do.  If the coaches didn’t want him running that play then call a ******* handoff without an option.  

It eas LeFlure's mistake. Saleh said it in the post game

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It doesn’t work both ways. If the offense doesn’t **** up so badly, the defense isn’t put in position to have to stop the best two minute QB in the history of the sport. 

Hyperbole aside Brady had the Bucs at his own 30 with under 1 minute and no timeouts.   Tyler Johnson and Cyril Grayson who burned our secondary for the next 70 yards on 3 plays aren't exactly HOF candidates.   

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

We all know the reason why he would never bash Echols but loves to bash Wilson. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am assuming there are "reads" which decide if he is to switch the play. Of course those reads should be how the defensive line is set up, or if the sweep read was a "no go" to him.

The real thing of importance here is what did he see that made him switch the call, and did be see it correctly. If he made the switch correctly (based on the read), then you credit the defense. If not, then Zach needs more work.

I don't  know how he prioritizes play calls and audibles, but if the play call is a Jet Sweep, that should be the play run unless you see something that screams the Jet Sweep won't work. If Zach made the call purely on the read that he thought he could make it on a sneak, he has a lot of learning to do. 

• Upvote 1

He didnt call the play. He was given the play and it was to make a quick read to either keep it or hand to berrios. It was a stupid play call. I've been extremely critical of Wilson all season. 

Exactly, and common sense dictates that when the two options are present use the one that works. Sneaking on 4th and 2 was Zach’s decision at the line. It was a decision that every QB in the league would have had under the same situation. Only Zach was stupid enough to do what he did.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Hyperbole aside Brady had the Bucs at his own 30 with under 1 minute and no timeouts.   Tyler Johnson and Cyril Grayson who burned our secondary for the next 70 yards on 3 plays aren't exactly HOF candidates.   

It's more entertaining to blame Zach Wilson though

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We all know the reason why he would never bash Echols but loves to bash Wilson. 

I don’t know the reason but I have a guess as to what you think the reason is. I’m just going on record here that I don’t believe that nor would I jump to that conclusion and really don’t want any part of that discussion.

Unless you are talking about Bart trying to back up his draft take. Then maybe.

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I don't  know how he prioritizes play calls and audibles, but if the play call is a Jet Sweep, that should be the play run unless you see something that screams the Jet Sweep won't work. If Zach made the call purely on the read that he thought he could make it on a sneak, he has a lot of learning to do. 

Do you know how they have the back up calls written in?  

You know that call should only be made he it "screams the Jet Sweep won't work?"

Or that if there's a look that says this is the better option?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

That is what my post was trying to say.