Zack Wilson absolutely roasted on Jets Postgame show

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, you obviously have no clue what was going on. They get that first down and they go into victory formation. It was about a minute left and TB used all their time outs. That play had it gotten the first down wins the game

Again, regardless. Hero ball does not = QB sneak lol

Fact that its even being argued is hilarious. It was a communication issue and that's it. 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, you obviously have no clue what was going on. They get that first down and they go into victory formation. It was about a minute left and TB used all their time outs. That play had it gotten the first down wins the game

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  know how he prioritizes play calls and audibles, but if the play call is a Jet Sweep, that should be the play run unless you see something that screams the Jet Sweep won't work. If Zach made the call purely on the read that he thought he could make it on a sneak, he has a lot of learning to do. 

Why on earth would you call someone out for “not having a clue” when you just admitted you don’t?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Again, regardless. Hero ball does not = QB sneak lol

Fact that its even being argued is hilarious. It was a communication issue and that's it. 

The issue is you have no idea what you are talking about. Hero ball is about making a play that wins the game, like a first down in that situation

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Dude the Beat has been brutal. Idk if it's the individual reporters or the papers they work for but I can't take it. Admittedly, they give me content and talking points to be upset with so I can't totally hate them but I hate them haha.

National media and beat writers have always had a level of awfulness when it comes to the Jets but this year seems ridiculously amped up. There are no signs of Zach breaking down and responding to the idiocy but I am wondering if at some point he cracks and is like  enough is enough. I would not blame him. I hope this treatment doesnt eventually force Zach to not resign and leave. Would anyone blame him? I am even more surprised at former Jets like Bart Scott and Leger Douzable who are usually more objectionable. The are absurdly ridiculous and not believable. Keep doing what you are doing in regards to Jets 24/7. You are real good at it. When you @Green Bean and Matt O'Leary collaborate the show is at its best. #boycottthebeat

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

How so? Do you think Zach made the right call or should he have run what LeFlure called?

This just further shows you don’t understand how plays are packaged in football.

No, I don’t think the best option was run.  I’m also very confident Zach didn’t check into a QB sneak out of thin air.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This just further shows you don’t understand how plays are packaged in football.

No, I don’t think the best option was run.  I’m also very confident Zach didn’t check into a QB sneak out of thin air.

According to Saleh, that is exactly what he did. Sorry but I'll take the HC's word over yours. 

Not saying this was Zach's fault. He should not have neen given the option to audible there and a TO would have been a good idea as well to make sure they had everything right.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

According to Saleh, that is exactly what he did. Sorry but I'll take the HC's word over yours 

It was a reverse to Berrios,” Saleh saidpostgame. “The quarterback has an option based on the look that he has to sneak the ball. In that situation, we wanted the ball handed off to Berrios, but we did a very poor job as a coaching staff communicating that in the huddle.”

Had Wilson handed the ball off to Berrios as the Jets wanted him to, Berrios likely would have had the first down with a lot of open field to run in front of him.

“Zach executed the play as it’s designed,” Saleh said. “Unfortunately, if you look… Braxton probably has a first down and the game’s over. Poor job on our part for the lack of communication.”

• Upvote 2

Sneak shouldn't have been an option at 4th and 2, plain and simple with this personnel and formation. Everything is bunched up at the LOS. If it was spread or 3 WR formation? That being said, even if it is an option, Zach also made a bad decision. Really blame on both sides in my opinion, Saleh just isn't going to openly throw his guy under the bus like that.

image.thumb.png.48c30bb80c890256ca901d64dbb09a4b.png

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

How so? Do you think Zach made the right call or should he have run what LeFlure called?

22 seconds in…

play call has an option to sneak.   If they told Zach “if the A gap is open, sneak on this play,” called that play and didn’t tell him not to sneak that’s not hero ball.  

• Sympathy 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

According to Saleh, that is exactly what he did. Sorry but I'll take the HC's word over yours 

Either way it is a mistake by a 22 year old rookie QB, rookie HC, and rookie OC who seem to have turned a page for the better the second half of the season. And if a mistake was made , isnt it better it happened yesterday where they can learn from it for next season (and years to come) when we are (hopefully) playing meaningful games in December/January? Big picture is we are stacking positive games down the stretch with minimal missteps. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Sneak shouldn't have been an option plain and simple with this personnel and formation. Everything is bunched up at the LOS. If it was spread or 3 WR formation? That being said, even if it is an option, Zach also made a bad decision. Really blame on both sides in my opinion, Saleh just isn't going to openly throw his guy under the bus like that.

image.thumb.png.48c30bb80c890256ca901d64dbb09a4b.png

Nice picture.   The end zone view has been posted a bunch of times, why would you go to this one lol.  

I wish they'd called a pass play....maybe have Berrios do a drag route and try to shake loose.  Maybe Zach rollout with pass/run option.  Calling a run was bad, IMO, and Zach's option choice was even worse.

But also, there are some pretty good defenders out there for Tampa.  Sometimes the bad guys make a good play...

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Remember when the Bills were all very upset with Josh Allen when he made comments about 3-4 years prior that many felt insensitive? He realized it, did what was necessary and now there isn't a guy on that team who wouldn't run through a wall for him. Hopefully, if there are issues between Zack and some teammates, the same will happen for him.

I don't think Wilson has even done anything wrong.

I suspect this is largely a "We're not in Kansas anymore" type moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It was a reverse to Berrios,” Saleh saidpostgame. “The quarterback has an option based on the look that he has to sneak the ball. In that situation, we wanted the ball handed off to Berrios, but we did a very poor job as a coaching staff communicating that in the huddle.”

Had Wilson handed the ball off to Berrios as the Jets wanted him to, Berrios likely would have had the first down with a lot of open field to run in front of him.

“Zach executed the play as it’s designed,” Saleh said. “Unfortunately, if you look… Braxton probably has a first down and the game’s over. Poor job on our part for the lack of communication.”

And what I was saying is Zach seemed to look to see if there was a play for him to get the first down instead of would the Jet Sweep work in that situation. LeFlure seemed to have the right play called. There apparently  was nothing to indicate the Jet Sweep would not pick up the first down but Zach changed it. He should be trying to run what is called if there is nothing telling him it won't  work. 

13 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

22 seconds in…

play call has an option to sneak.   If they told Zach “if the A gap is open, sneak on this play,” called that play and didn’t tell him not to sneak that’s not hero ball.  

First off from what I saw, the A gap was not open. They had that covered. Regardless, Zach should be running what is called unless he is sure it won't succeed.  

• Haha 1

Holy crap I just watched this for the first time, what a total load of dumbf*ckery.

They are literally acting like Wilson was going for some sort of glory for making a 2 yard qb sneak. SO DUMB. I'm glad I don't get SNY anymore. Ray Lucas would have put these tools in their places if he was still there.

SO DUMB. My Lord!

Dumb mistake, OK. What these guys said? Nah, dawg. FOH.

• Upvote 1

This argument is really still carrying on?  I read through all of this and I honestly have no clue what point anyone on either side really thinks they're making here anymore.

I've been a (totally deserved) critic of Wilson for much of this year, but this was indisputably his best game as a pro.  In the end, it was one bad play and regardless of whether you want to argue what share of the blame goes to him, that's still an outlier specific to a particular play call in this one scenario, with little meaning in the grander scheme.  It doesn't change the rest of the game, the same way one good-looking play didn't change otherwise poor performances in past games.

It also happened in a game that the outcome was meaningless to a team long out of the running.  If anything, a good performance in a losing effort is probably better for this team right now than looking like total crap and somehow managing to barely sneak out an ugly victory.

However, that also means no part of this game changes anything that happened in the past, nor dictates in either direction what will happen in the future, which seems more likely to be the great narrative some are trying to cling to now.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Holy crap I just watched this for the first time, what a total load of dumbf*ckery.

They are literally acting like Wilson was going for some sort of glory for making a 2 yard qb sneak. SO DUMB. I'm glad I don't get SNY anymore. Ray Lucas would have put these tools in their places if he was still there.

SO DUMB. My Lord!

Dumb mistake, OK. What these guys said? Nah, dawg. FOH.

LOL this is really the sh*t that T0m is pumping as being based on some sort of reliable inside source?  Unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

So, after the failed QB sneak we were ahead, right? We were in the lead. Then our defense was picked apart by Brady and we lost. Why is it all on Zach? How about blaming the defense which actually lost the game by not protecting the lead? Are they without blame because, hey, no one can stop Tom Brady with two-minutes left? True, we could have iced the game, but we still had the lead. Just a thought.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It's absolutely personal for Scott on Zach.

Who knows why?  

Politics?

Too middle-American?  

Thinks Wilson's life has been too easy?

Zach clearly seemed out of his element going back to the draft while he was hanging out with the other top prospects and Bart can't get over it.  

I think at one point Zach uttered the phrase "I can wait", and Bart saw red.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Sure it did.  We get the first there and the game is over.   Don't even need to score.

But I agree 100% that our D laid a massive egg at the end, too.  Brady went down the field like we've seen him do a million times.   Also made no sense to have single coverage on the winning TD.  But that's what we've come to expect from the supposed defensive guru Saleh and his minion/inept idiot Ulbrich.

And the game wasn’t over.  It’s like complaining that if Coles caught that sideline pass we could have scored or eaten a minute off the clock and won.  They gave up 400+ yards, that’s there problem 

One more thing, Saleh, Ulrich, Belichick, Rex whoever wouldn’t get this group of players to play well.  They need LBs, safeties and more pass rush.  Saleh doesn’t coach defense, that’a  Ulrichs job.  I know it’s easier to just call the DC an idiot

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I wonder if 2012 Bart Scott would flip off 2022 Bart Scott?

Further proof of what a clown agenda this guy is. Unfollow, not tuning in to SNY, is a small move fans can make. Bart Scott is toxic. What a shame that he and the current panel on SNY (and others) treat our team that way. Zero support for SNY and others moving forward. #boycottthebeat

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

I don't think Wilson has even done anything wrong.

I suspect this is largely a "We're not in Kansas anymore" type moment.

I agree, and I’m surprised those guys went after him the way they did.

It kind of concerns me that they did though. Like them (and their opinions) or not, I’ve been watching football over 50 years, and these are the type comments you rarely hear a former player make about a QB. These guys are more linked in then we are. If one of them said this, and the other two scoffed at him, I’d brush it off.

That’s not what happened though from what I understand and if all three felt emboldened enough to say it, I doubt they’re the only ones around the team who have.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Further proof of what a clown agenda this guy is. Unfollow, not tuning in to SNY, is a small move fans can make. Bart Scott is toxic. What a shame that he and the current panel on SNY (and others) treat our team that way. Zero support for SNY and others moving forward. #boycottthebeat

We need a Jets version of Pravda.
Who wants to listen to a show that doesn’t appeal to the sunshine and lollipop fan inside all of us? Especially after having to sit through 6 wins in 32 games!

I mean, haven’t we suffered enough? The last thing we need is 3 guys who played for the team telling us what they think happened… who tunes into a post game show for that? Tell us what we want to hear!!!

First off from what I saw, the A gap was not open. They had that covered. Regardless, Zach should be running what is called unless he is sure it won't succeed.  
1. Multiple tweets from reporters have confirmed that from the end zone view the A gap was open
2. Saleh said Zach ran the play AS DESIGNED which means if he sees the A gap is open, sneak the ball, otherwise hand off
3. Mistake - as Esiason also mentioned - was not telling Zach to hand off no matter what the A gap looked like
4. The A gap closed quickly so seems like Zach got baited into the sneak......hence why point 3 was the critical error here

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, cat999 said:

1. Multiple tweets from reporters have confirmed that from the end zone view the A gap was open
2. Saleh said Zach ran the play AS DESIGNED which means if he sees the A gap is open, sneak the ball, otherwise hand off
3. Mistake - as Esiason also mentioned - was not telling Zach to hand off no matter what the A gap looked like
4. The A gap closed quickly so seems like Zach got baited into the sneak......hence why point 3 was the critical error here

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Having the room to put your shoulder between Shue and McClendon isn't  open, at least not to me. I also heard Saleh and apparently Zach ran the play as it was written but he audibles out of what was called which was an option if he van pick up the needed distance which in this case was almost 2 yards. I think from everything I ha e heard, the correct play was called and Zach should not have changed it because there was nothing that said the Jet Sweep would fail. 

32 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We need a Jets version of Pravda.
Who wants to listen to a show that doesn’t appeal to the sunshine and lollipop fan inside all of us? Especially after having to sit through 6 wins in 32 games!

I mean, haven’t we suffered enough? The last thing we need is 3 guys who played for the team telling us what they think happened… who tunes into a post game show for that? Tell us what we want to hear!!!

Legit analysis and critique is good. Bart Scott not doing his homework and going rogue to try and be the next Shannon Sharpe makes for a crappy show. Scott’s takes on ESPN radio are dreadfully bad most of the time. He puts in less with than Mike at the end.