Zack Wilson absolutely roasted on Jets Postgame show

45 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I agree, and I’m surprised those guys went after him the way they did.

It kind of concerns me that they did though. Like them (and their opinions) or not, I’ve been watching football over 50 years, and these are the type comments you rarely hear a former player make about a QB. These guys are more linked in then we are. If one of them said this, and the other two scoffed at him, I’d brush it off.

That’s not what happened though from what I understand and if all three felt emboldened enough to say it, I doubt they’re the only ones around the team who have.

I think Zach has a lot to prove.  If there's a distaste for him in the locker room, I hope that it's around that.

The good news is, at the very least, I think we've seen support of him from the guys you expect/hope will be here for a long time.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We need a Jets version of Pravda.
Who wants to listen to a show that doesn’t appeal to the sunshine and lollipop fan inside all of us? Especially after having to sit through 6 wins in 32 games!

I mean, haven’t we suffered enough? The last thing we need is 3 guys who played for the team telling us what they think happened… who tunes into a post game show for that? Tell us what we want to hear!!!

Thanks for the response GG however I would not want sunshine and lolipops either. I believe it was @Green Bean that coined the phrase "gripe intelligently", and that is all Im asking for. The charade that is currently SNY's post game show is flat out unprofessional and not even believable. What makes it worse is that it is former Jets players. What betrayal, so pathetic, biting the hand that fed them and played a role in putting them in the position to even become commenters. Criticism is welcomed but this is beyond mean spirited. And to a 22 year old kid that away from the field seems to be a great kid coming off giving tickets to a waitress who had to work Christmas? Off of seeing how Antonio Brown acted during the same game? Ridiculous

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Having the room to put your shoulder between Shue and McClendon isn't  open, at least not to me. I also heard Saleh and apparently Zach ran the play as it was written but he audibles out of what was called which was an option if he van pick up the needed distance which in this case was almost 2 yards. I think from everything I ha e heard, the correct play was called and Zach should not have changed it because there was nothing that said the Jet Sweep would fail. 

I might be wrong, but my impression was not that he audibled out.  Based on Saleh's comments it seemed more like an RPO where he had the option to keep it or hand off based on what he saw in the A gap.  And the A gap definitely looked open - see Cimini tweet.  In the end, it was a mistake by Zach that the coaching staff could have prevented from even being a possibility so that's why I think the majority of blame lies there.

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1478011833407746057?s=20

• Upvote 3

Unfortunately Zach will always be the easiest one to blame . This defense has sucked historically ,,at one time it was stated "this will never happen again" and yet it has continued to happen. We don't talk enough about that .

So, after the failed QB sneak we were ahead, right? We were in the lead. Then our defense was picked apart by Brady and we lost. Why is it all on Zach? How about blaming the defense which actually lost the game by not protecting the lead? Are they without blame because, hey, no one can stop Tom Brady with two-minutes left? True, we could have iced the game, but we still had the lead. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

FWIW Chris Canty(Giants version of Scott w/ESPN etc) was just Scott’s ESPN radio show and this got brought up.

Canty was not in agreement with Scott’s assessment, that’s the simple way to put it.  Bart got heavy handed and started talking over Canty and Canty just kind of moved on but Canty definitely did not agree with Scott’s assessment of it being a selfish play.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

Wow. A stirring, informed defense of Wilson by Costello, a man who ostensibly covers the team for a living. How about maybe getting some of Wilson’s teammates on the record? How about doing a Google search of positive comments made about Wilson by his teammates (most recently Morgan Moses’). How about cultivating a single source within the organization you’re supposed to be around every day so when a story pops up, you can appeal to this source for a comment, either on or off the record? How about offering something to your readership that makes it appear that you didn’t actually write your column while on the toilet?

“I don’t pretend to know Wilson. COVID-19 has kept reporters from really getting to know players this year. But Wilson’s play on Sunday was the opposite of selfish or trying to be the hero. One of the best things he did Sunday was throw the ball away and not force things. He has not played hero ball for a while now."

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

FWIW Chris Canty(Giants version of Scott w/ESPN etc) was just Scott’s ESPN radio show and this got brought up.

Canty was not in agreement with Scott’s assessment, that’s the simple way to put it.  Bart got heavy handed and started talking over Canty and Canty just kind of moved on but Canty definitely did not agree with Scott’s assessment of it being a selfish play.

Yup, that's what I jut listened to.

Bart kept talking over him and wanted to continously make the point that Zach was "selfish" and trying to "be the hero" and that he was a "liar' and he's "lied before" and has "character issues".  Said each of those things several times.  Canty was not buying it--thought the playcall was wrong.  

Too bad you can't test Bart CTE while he is alive.  The dude has some serious issues.  

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Listening to Bart and Hahn now and Bart is double triple and quadrupling down and he sounds like the kid stole his lunch money and banged his wife.

Something is seriously personal going on--sounds pretty unprofessional. 

Not listening, but trusting your assessment - Says a hell of a lot more about Scott then Wilson at this point.

There's a path to believing it was a selfish play, stating it, while acknowledging that he's a 22-year-old who has plenty of growing up to do.  Digging in beyond that is extremely revealing.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Not listening, but trusting your assessment - Says a hell of a lot more about Scott then Wilson at this point.

There's a path to believing it was a selfish play, stating it, while acknowledging that he's a 22-year-old who has plenty of growing up to do.  Digging in beyond that is extremely revealing.

It was embarrassing listening to him.  Granted, I'm a Zach fan but he went way over the top, I could almost hear the spittle forming at the corners of his mouth and spraying froth at the microphone.

Not measured criticism, he was literally yelling at the mic and pissed at the kid.  

And yes, I do literally mean literally.    

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

It was embarrassing listening to him.  Granted, I'm a Zach fan but he went way over the top, I could almost hear the spittle forming at the corners of his mouth and spraying froth at the microphone.

Not measured criticism, he was literally yelling at the mic and pissed at the kid.  

And yes, I do literally mean literally.    

It was very uncomfortable.  At one point he started ranting about being contractually obligated to watch Jets games and was therefore more qualified.  Canty just said he watched the whole game too and Scott just kept on ranting.  The main thing I thought was interesting is that Scott said something like, “if they let me in the building, LaFluer would try to fight me I’ve skewered him so much”.  Which I thought was interesting because his whole basics here is hinting that he “knows what’s going on” which I don’t think he does, as in being plugged into that locker room.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, cat999 said:

I might be wrong, but my impression was not that he audibled out.  Based on Saleh's comments it seemed more like an RPO where he had the option to keep it or hand off based on what he saw in the A gap.  And the A gap definitely looked open - see Cimini tweet.  In the end, it was a mistake by Zach that the coaching staff could have prevented from even being a possibility so that's why I think the majority of blame lies there.

I agree that it was mostly a communication fail by the CS, I jist don't  think Zack should have taken it upon himself to pickup six feet running between the tackles. 

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Didn't see the post game with Bart but both those A gaps are open before the snap.

Yeah, with the Nose and DT there in, it was a terrible read.  Even if you think it was "open" to start, that was totally not open and never had a chance for a sneak.  Rookies make mistakes, he's gotten so much better lately and this win would have done nothing long term so, good learning experience.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Origen said:

Yeah, with the Nose and DT there in, it was a terrible read.  Even if you think it was "open" to start, that was totally not open and never had a chance for a sneak.  Rookies make mistakes, he's gotten so much better lately and this win would have done nothing long term so, good learning experience.

Agreed, not a good call by Zach but technically no defender is in the gaps.

5 hours ago, section314 said:

The thing that still confounds me is that we still had 2 TO's left before we ran the play. Saleh said that the ball was going to go to Berrios, period. If there was any confusion on anyone's part, call another TO and get everyone on the same page. Remove all doubt.

Except that calling consecutive TOs is a 5 yard delay penalty.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Agreed, not a good call by Zach but technically no defender is in the gaps.

Yes, 'technically', but those massive dudes on the other side are their 1's and the guys on our side are our 2's and 3's, so you don't sneak the ball against that.  Especially when you have a backup center in!

Learning experience! Next time he does it right and we win the Super Bowl.  Education works!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Didn't know that.

That burned The Lions a few weeks ago, before they finally got their first win and things were looking hopeless and they were getting penalties for calling too many time outs...

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It was very uncomfortable.  At one point he started ranting about being contractually obligated to watch Jets games and was therefore more qualified.  Canty just said he watched the whole game too and Scott just kept on ranting.  The main thing I thought was interesting is that Scott said something like, “if they let me in the building, LaFluer would try to fight me I’ve skewered him so much”.  Which I thought was interesting because his whole basics here is hinting that he “knows what’s going on” which I don’t think he does, as in being plugged into that locker room.

Yeah the "contractually obligated" thing was weird.  Sure, he's an ex-football player and knows better than any of us here but it we've all been watching football for decades--we're not total noobs.

And regardless of @T0mShane trying to stir up sh*t out of nothing--I don't think he has any contacts in the building.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cat999 said:

Not just the presser. Just rewatch the play. There is no audible and it looks exactly as you say it's an option play based on the read at the snap. 

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Yeah the "contractually obligated" thing was weird.  Sure, he's an ex-football player and knows better than any of us here but it we've all been watching football for decades--we're not total noobs.

And regardless of @T0mShane trying to stir up sh*t out of nothing--I don't think he has any contacts in the building.  

Contractually obligated to do his job. Thanks for that Bart.

• Haha 2

The Wilson character flaw thing is an absolute joke that was promptly eviscerated by anyone with a brain. He was voted captain this year by his teammates. There have been multiple quotes around him from teammates that back his standing as a growing and respected leader. Coaches also sing praise about the guy upstairs. In fact, the least of my concerns is his head not being right for the job. 

Bottom line is that him and the coaches made a mistake. They happen. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The former Jets linebacker who is currently employed by the Jets’ affiliate radio station and television network has no contacts inside the building, but a pack of jabronis on a football message board have the proper information. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The former Jets linebacker who is currently employed by the Jets’ affiliate radio station and television network has no contacts inside the building, but a pack of jabronis on a football message board have the proper information. 

Not employed by the Jets. He’s a loud personality pure and simple. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone hear Saleh on with Kay a little while ago? His explanation continues to be a mess. He starts out by saying it’s all his fault (good!), then rehashes the play, says that Zach made the textbook read of the call and technically did what he was supposed to do according to the letter of the law, AND, they’ve run that play before and Zach has made the other call (handing it off) and was “corrected” by the coaches for not following the book. It sounds like he wishes Zach read their minds and gave it to Berrios which is weird. Just get the story straight, Bob. He also says that he feels like he/they won the game, which is stupid. 

• Haha 2