Zack Wilson absolutely roasted on Jets Postgame show

6 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

It's an analysis...they are saying that ZW did not follow directions to hand off to Berrios...are you watching the show? 

Well that’s clearly not what happened, per the head coach.  

• Upvote 3

not to defend them, but they did say it was his best game, but then the coach said that Zach should have taken the Berrios handoff and they feel Zach called his own number on the sneak because he wanted the glory...not sure I believe that... but Zach saying the A gap was open so he snuck it, but the tape shows there was no opening

I am glad this lesson is being learned now. This could pop up during a playoff hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

Terrible coaching staff, terrible WR corps historically BAD more drops than I have EVER seen a team have. a Failure kid who is a baby still at QB and I do not see a silver lining from a guy who has won only 3 games and lost a dozen-has 8 TD passes ALL SEASON! EIGHT! Any Jets fan who is happy with ANYTHING they saw today is someone who has come with such low expectations of what they want from an NFL franchise. This team is a wreck.An absolute disgrace, they had no business losing that game today. I am pissed. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 9
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 4

at the saleh presser they asked coming out of the time out why wasn't he told to hand off...good question...and maybe saleh needs to learn there that he can make the call right there and tell the kid to execute and not change it up

11 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

It's an analysis...they are saying that ZW did not follow directions to hand off to Berrios...are you watching the show? 

Except thats not what they said.  They said he wanted to run the ball and be the hero.  Thats different than what Saleh said happened

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The fog is lifting for Zach.   He and Tucker are the only thing resembling elite talent on the Jets.  

Biggs, come on man, take off the green shades and look at the stats look at the 3 wins and 8 TD passes and the 56% comp and 68 QBR that's nowhere NEAR even sniffing the elite threshold

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was always going to take responsibility, though.

It's amazing it's the same quotations that started back with Mark Sanchez' downward slide and it's been happening now for 11 straight seasons of no playoff Jets football. But Hey Zach Wilson won THREE WBC championship belts this season for being the best rookie scrub of the week-he may even win another! Man, some of these Jets fans have no idea what a winning franchise looks like.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

The SNY post game crew has been awful for years.  Not sure how they thought adding a guy who barely played for the Jets in Colon, Bart Scott, and Douzable would make it better.

Bart Scott is, genuinely, more insufferable now than when he was a player.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

This was incredible...Bart Scott, Willie Colon and Legere Douzable going all in on the kid...questioning his character, ethics, you name it for keeping it on 4th and 2...this was must watch TV.  

I watched the same show as you did, but that's not what I got out of it.  They didn't blame Zach, they blamed the coaches for that play.   In fact, both Willie and Double said that Zach was great today.  

I don't know what you were watching.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Still a bad read from Zach, but for once his good plays outweighed his bad plays today, so I'm not going to kill him for it. He's a rookie, and mistakes will happen, but he didn't look like a rookie for most of the game.

On to next week with a, hopefully, healthier roster around him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Biggs, come on man, take off the green shades and look at the stats look at the 3 wins and 8 TD passes and the 56% comp and 68 QBR that's nowhere NEAR even sniffing the elite threshold

Asking for a friend, does rushing matter at all? Does improvement matter at all?

Elite is a big stretch by Biggs for sure but you ignoring all rushing stats reveals your agenda.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Theyre wrong for going on about how its was done for his ego and selfishness so he could be the hero and say look at me.

Thats plain stupid and nothing about what we've seen from Zach leads you to believe that was his though process.  And without knowing they should STFU 

They are slamming him personally and his character. Completely out of line. I won't be watching them anymore. Ray Lucus is sorely missed.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1