Zack Wilson absolutely roasted on Jets Postgame show

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t want to start some sh*t, but if three ex-Jets are trashing Zach, it might be because that’s what their buddies inside the locker room are saying about Zach. Ex-players take these low-rung media jobs as a way to hang around the team and still live that lifestyle—go to the clubs, hit the strange, get the free bottle service, etc. just a possibility.

Who are these vets from the past talking to?  Theyre from another era, theyre no talking to friends.  And all the young guys are on Zach's side.  

Who on this team, with their record, vet or not, who hasnt made a huge mistake this season and can point fingers.  If someone is talking they should be given the AB treatment and get sent away.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Blitz said:

22 year old rookie QB balls out and almost knocks off the defending champs with a JV supporting cast and this is the narrative? Just unbelievable.

Zach and the whole team should be getting a pat on the back for playing a great game they had no business getting anywhere near the win.

Poor Steve Gelb kept trying to turn it into just that.  Kept saying all we wanted was to see continued improvement from Zach and we got it in spades.  Also was saying if I told you they would lose by 4 would you be happy and the numbnuts kept going on with their rant that was obviously planned and rehearsed for the show

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

who cares - Zach is really starting to become a franchise QB. He has elite arm talent and he is a smart kid. The game is slowing down for him. It doesn't matter that we lost this game. If they wanted to win they would have had Zach roll out there because TB is tough to run up the gut that close to the goal line or in any short yard situation. They know that - I just felt the coaches were OK with a higher draft pick based on play call - no matter who was running it. It was kind of a f^ck it call to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Asking for a friend, does rushing matter at all? Does improvement matter at all?

Elite is a big stretch by Biggs for sure but you ignoring all rushing stats reveals your agenda.

What agenda? I want to see the Jets win focking NFL football games, I don't have any other thoughts or feelings about anything else except I would sure like to see the Jets play in one more Super Bowl game before I die and with this ownership and these coaches and this cast of characters I don't see that happening. But hey, we can go back and re-live all the Chad Pennington is better than Tom Brady arguments because we can cite one stat and that will be good enough for this generation of Jets fans

It's absolutely personal for Scott on Zach.

Who knows why?  

Politics?

Too middle-American?  

Thinks Wilson's life has been too easy?

Zach clearly seemed out of his element going back to the draft while he was hanging out with the other top prospects and Bart can't get over it.  

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t want to start some sh*t, but if three ex-Jets are trashing Zach, it might be because that’s what their buddies inside the locker room are saying about Zach. Ex-players take these low-rung media jobs as a way to hang around the team and still live that lifestyle—go to the clubs, hit the strange, get the free bottle service, etc. just a possibility.

Interesting thought.  Maybe?

But they can’t have too many “friends” in the locker room, can they?  They haven’t played with any of the current guys on the roster. 

And I’m OK even if true.  The great QBs all have a bit of jerk in them.  But Wilson looks competitive and like he is having fun.  That is an important combo.

Wilson was kicked in the teeth early in the season, had a couple of his backups play really well after he sucked… and Wilson never lost his confidence.  He just keeps getting better.

ZW has some balls and moxie.

Darnold would go home and cry…

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

We have a HC who’s known as a defensive cheerleader.   The 4th down play shouldn’t have cost us the game.   Bart Scott should be embarrassed for trying to change the narrative that our d didn’t have a plan to stop a TD drive with no timeouts. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

But hey, we can go back and re-live all the Chad Pennington is better than Tom Brady arguments because we can cite one stat and that will be good enough for this generation of Jets fans

Where did you get this from?

You've fallen off the deep edge with this nonsense 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It's absolutely personal for Scott on Zach.

Who knows why?  

Politics?

Too middle-American?  

Thinks Wilson's life has been too easy?

Zach clearly seemed out of his element going back to the draft while he was hanging out with the other top prospects and Bart can't get over it.  

I think yea there is some of this without a doubt …Scott clearly has a real deep personal hatred of ZW that is non football related …and can’t control himself enough to report professionally..SNY needs to look into if this is the guy to be doing postgames it’s he can’t separate . 

44 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Bart Scott went all in on his Zach hate pre-draft. Like many on this site he’s incredibly dig in on Zach failing. 
It sucks because he’s ruined that post game show I used to love.  I just go to the ration now.

Zach just had his best game of his career - is showing an incredible amount of progress.  And they’re attacking him for running the play that was called.  Very sad.  

They have a point. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I understand that you have a lot of weight to carry, since SARI appears to be taking a long break …jet80 is doing his best to help the hate wagon rolling…. But, it might be time to let a Little love in your heart for Zach and admit he may not be a bust… I know it’s scary, and want to rely on statz, Even though he’s throwing to the back ups of back ups back up, but I know weapinz  don’t count… They might though, stats grow when you throw a 10 yard pass, and somebody like E Moore turns it into 30 yards, that happens a couple times during the day, and poof you have 300 yards,, let the sunshine in

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Meanwhile - the kid is going to wind up being better than all three of those dudes combined.  WTF with the Zach hate.  From my view he's done what we've all wanted him to do...gotten better.  Truth is, the only reason to watch these games is Zach.  The defense is absolutely atrocious.

Man I though he's been fantastic lately. He was throwing in some tight windows today. We got beat by the reining Superbowl champions and best qb to ever live. 

We shouldn't have been in this game. We're seeing progress here. People act like this team is a total abortion. Check out the jags right now. That's an abortion. 

On top of all this, losing this game helps draft position. Too. It was the best possible outcome.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“I don’t want to start some sh*t.”

Intentionally starts sh*t based on nothing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

What sucks is that it can't just be the kid made a bad read and they blew the play. can it?  No one 'sucks' or 'failed' because of it.  It was a loss in a lost rebuild year that just helped draft position.  He's played better and better the past few weeks so this one bad read means 0 to what I see as great strides in his game recently.  That touch pass he had when Vea came through clean to Johnson was beautiful, and would not have happened before December.  Rookies get better.  Good rookies get even better.  We can't suck forever, can we?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Bart Scott hates ZW for reasons that seem to be very personal and have little to nothing to do with football . We can all make assumptions, but there’s something there . Not professional at all…crush him all day for on the field stuff but these 3, especially Scott …seem to have another agenda here . I was tough on ZW all year also but the kid has made progress ..a so called “ expert “ should be able to see this and talk about it . 

Agreed. It's very clear Scott does not like Zach Wilson, and it does appear to be personal.

This is what happens when you let your personal feelings about someone impact how you view their play. Bart Scott does not like Zach. His narrative all season has been that Zach is a selfish kid with a massive ego. It's based on nothing but Scott's own personal dislike of Zach Wilson. Total garbage. I don't know why I turn that post game show on anymore.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Poor Steve Gelb kept trying to turn it into just that.  Kept saying all we wanted was to see continued improvement from Zach and we got it in spades.  Also was saying if I told you they would lose by 4 would you be happy and the numbnuts kept going on with their rant that was obviously planned and rehearsed for the show

Steve gelbs is a professional 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Thesilvermind said:

I’m glad if Zac called his own number.

Hes playing the best team in the league and the best QB ever missing half his offense, and said **** it I’m gonna win this thing now.

Rather have that attitude then the over cautious wilting flowers we have had at QB lately 

I want a cocky leader not a guy who is just trying not to make mistakes

Brings to mind the aphorism that making a decision, even if it is the wrong one, is better than not making a decision at all.

Wilson made a decision. It didn't work the way he wanted. He and the coaching staff will learn from it.

• Upvote 4