Zack Wilson absolutely roasted on Jets Postgame show

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If Wilson didn't run the play called, and audibled to keep it himself, that would be one scenario where the Coaches would escape criticism.

Posted above:  ZW just admitted in the postgame that he called his own number.

So then yes, the criticism of what we were describing as "the worst play call ever" in the game thread would seem to fall squarely on Zach Wilson.

With that said, he otherwise had a decent game today (baby steps, simply being descent is pretty good), and he shouldn't be attacked personally as it seems these guys are doing.

Good post. Not sure why it’s hard for some to be this nuanced (and this is not a nuanced take).  Zach had a good game, and ****ed up the last play.  Hopefully something he learns from. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Scott and Duz are has beens that never were. They should also keep in mind they never played with any QBs that were good and Zack can be very good to great from what we are seeing. Sure the toss to Berrios wins the game but the coaching didn’t relay that in quick enough and Zack ran the play as designed. The defense just needed to stop a TD with 2 mins and no timeouts and couldn’t do it. Next year we hopefully find ways to win games like this. Can’t go crazy about it. The team has gotten better and should continue to improve.

It would’ve been nice to win, but it’s still a win-win Zach looked good playing with scrubs, we keep our high draft prick… he has given me a lot of hope

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It was an option play - ZW saw the correct read - the way it was taught.

If they didn't want the option they should have taken the option off the table...

D4358A75-8529-464F-A7B9-4AB1AE73B8A9.jpeg.02ef3bb2591c31ce2fd504a657c1edb5.jpeg

Trust me, I was there. There was nobody in that stadium that was pissed they went for it. They went  for the jugular. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Lets see, our QB is great because he has rushed for X-amount of yards and because two other QBs drafted in the first round well here's what THEIR stat line read. Leaving out the fact that Mac Jones out played our darling young star and beat him twice but Zach had more rushing yards than him, The Chad/Brady thing went on for pages and pages and years and years and all we could come up with was Chad had a better comp % that's the deep end I was referring to, I guess you had to be here. 

What I find saddest is that these last 11 Jets seasons and Jets teams were all so bad that a lot of you guys have come to expect a sub-standard Jets product. Me? I think it sucks

Who you talking to?  I never said he was great or mentioned running yards.  

Mac Jones is on a 12 win team that fell last year after 10 opt outs for COVID.  HUGE difference.  There isnt a chance in hell that the Mac Jones you see in NE would be the same player with this Jets team.  But not getting what Mac Jones has to do with Zach Wilsons play.  

You let yourself know with comments like "our darling young star".  He wasnt your guy and youre going to pick him apart.  If you havent seen an improvement in his decision making, the was he's protected the ball and the way hes moved the ball, thats on you

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tfine said:

Called him a jerk too. If I was the Jets I’d have him removed from the post game show

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Jets don't own SNY. I don't think they get to make those decisions. 

I'd hate the idea of removing someone because I don't like what he has to say, but Scott is kinda crossing a line with Zach Wilson. It's starting to feel personal at this point. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Willie Colon had some interesting comments on AB who he played with in Pittsburgh. But this crew including Gelbs as host isn’t good and the show not must see TV like it used to be. Bart Scott knows his football but he’s a dumbass and unlistenable. 

Gelbs is a pussy. Why do you think they put him in the upper deck during Mets games?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Gelbs is a pussy. Why do you think they put him in the upper deck during Mets games?

Gelbs has a tough job with this group they are often esp Bart out of control. But he adds little to the show usually lets things slide no matter how dumb. I remember him kissing up to Brodie Van Wageron during Mets off season shows saying how great the org was with him in charge and we know how that didn’t work out. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, tfine said:

Called him a jerk too. If I was the Jets I’d have him removed from the post game show

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jets don't have that power...they don't own SNY...let Woody break out the checkbook and start up his own network if he wants to control or stifle opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

So we know the other play would have had better results?

I don't have the power to see alternate universes, sorry.

I only know what happened, a bad decision and a failed play in a key moment. 

As @nj meadowlands says, hopefully it's one Zach learns from in what was an otherwise pretty decent game for him.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Agreed. It's very clear Scott does not like Zach Wilson, and it does appear to be personal.

This is what happens when you let your personal feelings about someone impact how you view their play. Bart Scott does not like Zach. His narrative all season has been that Zach is a selfish kid with a massive ego. It's based on nothing but Scott's own personal dislike of Zach Wilson. Total garbage. I don't know why I turn that post game show on anymore.

If that’s so, I’m pretty sure he posts here under an innocuous Jet name. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Not for two yards. 

4th and a foot maybe even a yard ok. But 4th and two ? No way

Look, I'm not saying it was a smart call by Zach - but the look he was taught was there.  The gap in that photo was huge and easily 2 yards.  It closed.  His best bet would have been to take a TO there.  

But again, bad call - fine with.  Ego, selfish etc.  Nonsense.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

This was incredible...Bart Scott, Willie Colon and Legere Douzable going all in on the kid...questioning his character, ethics, you name it for keeping it on 4th and 2...this was must watch TV.  

SNY post Jets game SUCKS since Ray left. Must NOT see tv ? Ray, being a QB, would have analyzed this totally differently and put the onus on the coaching staff. The kid was obviously confused and that’s not his fault. There is no way he should have been allowed to option out of the play. Not sure which was worse, Brown acting like a lunatic streaking off the field or that 4th down meltdown. 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who you talking to?  I never said he was great or mentioned running yards.  

Mac Jones is on a 12 win team that fell last year after 10 opt outs for COVID.  HUGE difference.  There isnt a chance in hell that the Mac Jones you see in NE would be the same player with this Jets team.  But not getting what Mac Jones has to do with Zach Wilsons play.  

You let yourself know with comments like "our darling young star".  He wasnt your guy and youre going to pick him apart.  If you havent seen an improvement in his decision making, the was he's protected the ball and the way hes moved the ball, thats on you

What do mean "he wasn't my guy?" I don't have a "guy" Not since I was a kid and it was Joe Namath, ever since then I have ONLY had a TEAM, The Jets. I want every single guy who wears that uniform to be great, without exception. I don't look to make enemies on this board, I never have, all I ever want is to see my team that I root for win. It's been a long decade of losing, and I keep seeing the same things happening again and again and the same type of guys being given the reins of the team when they have no business being head coaches. I see an owner who has been a failure. I see that man as someone who really doesn't have a clue, read his tweets every week. This is like an 8th grader saying "wow you guys, this week our team is gonna wear green tops and white pants-so cool!" That's what he is thinking that WE actually give a crap about. It's been a long long time a whole decade since this team even played in a playoff game.

15 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Can’t read this whole dumpster fire but has it been mentioned that Berrios was injured on the prior play and was limping to the line? He was clearly compromised. Not sure if that went into Zach’s thinking. 

Never should have been the play call. They were running around the edge all week, should have stuck with that. 

Jeff Smith is every bit as effective as Berrios, if not better, at running that reverse. 

1 hour ago, Icer said:

They should critique the defense for giving up 3&20, and playing some soft ass coverage on the final drive.

3d and 18 with additional yardage added on by the refs. Commentators referenced it but moved on quickly as if it were normal. Oh, then Antonio Brown ran on the field and we even got conformation that it is perectly ok  and not a penalty for players to run on the field as long as it doesnt interfere with the play. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, LSJF said:

We’d be lucky to draft someone with his type of talent, just not his other issues

When you look at the load of crap we have at that position I'd take Antonio Brown will all of his mental problems over every Jets WR on the team with the exception of Berrios

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

If the call was really Zach's himself, which it seems he's admitting as much, then it was definitely a bad decision from him on that play.

With that said, it was still far and away his best game as a pro.  This is hardly the kind of situation that comes up with great frequency, and when it does, hopefully it's just a lesson learned once in a situation where outcome of a game means anything more than us hoping to enjoy Brady's misery.

In the end, I'll gladly take an overall good game from Zach, with a bad play or two to hope he learns from, then the opposite of an overall bad game with a good play or two instead, which we saw on too many occasions earlier this season.  Now let's hope it continues to trend further in an improved direction.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Jeff Smith is every bit as effective as Berrios, if not better, at running that reverse. 

You misunderstand what I was saying. 

It was the wrong playcall all the way around. 

But the call was for either Zach or Berrios. 

Jeff Smith didn’t enter the decision. Had they called a sweep to Smith I would have preferred that. 

• Upvote 1

Wasn't Bart Scott just on ESPN the other day whining about Joe Burrow running up the score on his beloved Ravens (who won a Super Bowl without him) and saying that "the message is out" and that there is going to be a "red dot" on Burrow and that players need to start going for his head or something?

Scott is a clown. He doesn't like Zach Wilson.

Zach Wilson played well today but he made a bad decision on that 4th and 2 call. It led to the Jets losing the game, along with the defense allowing Tom Brady to march right down the field. A rookie mistake by Wilson no doubt. Just leave it at that.

Going after Zach Wilson's character and claiming he is a selfish egomaniac is ridiculous and the name calling is unprofessional. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

What do mean "he wasn't my guy?" I don't have a "guy" Not since I was a kid and it was Joe Namath, ever since then I have ONLY had a TEAM, The Jets. I want every single guy who wears that uniform to be great, without exception. I don't look to make enemies on this board, I never have, all I ever want is to see my team that I root for win. It's been a long decade of losing, and I keep seeing the same things happening again and again and the same type of guys being given the reins of the team when they have no business being head coaches. I see an owner who has been a failure. I see that man as someone who really doesn't have a clue, read his tweets every week. This is like an 8th grader saying "wow you guys, this week our team is gonna wear green tops and white pants-so cool!" That's what he is thinking that WE actually give a crap about. It's been a long long time a whole decade since this team even played in a playoff game.

Yoiure arguing with the wrong guy, I didnt say any of the things you seemed to be bitching about. Move on.