Zach Wilson absolutely looked great today

It was a good game. The only bad turnover worthy play was the throw to Jeff Smith at the end of the half that Carlton Davis should have picked off. But that was it.

He threw the ball down the field more. He averaged 7.1 YPA compared to last week where I think he was at 4.6. That was good to see. That pass to Keelan Cole that put the Jets on the 1 yard line was beautiful. I want to see more of that.

I want to see him start to complete more than 60% of his passes on a consistent basis but this was a big step in the right direction today. It was a pretty complete game for him. 

• Upvote 2

Looked comfortable running the offense, threw some lasers into tight windows, didn’t panic on a low snap, hit the easy throws, nice touch over a defender in his face, threw the ball away when nothing was there, no turnovers.

Wait for the inevitable criticism. Going to be epic the pretzel logic. 

One thing is clear, he is not the worst NFL QB ever. 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Clearly his best game as a pro - under very difficult circumstances.

He's been progressing every week and been a completely different QB since his injury/personal coaching being hired.  

Y'all got the complete game you were looking where Zach was a major contributor to the success of offense today.  Still a ways to go for sure and we need to see this consistently - but dang this was fun to watch.

It's a shame we lost - but we're watching a young player turn into a franchise QB right before our eyes...enjoy the ride.

I certainly am

glad to see that he may be learning from the best QB’s in the game

this experience could be huge 

very happy with todays game. he keeps looking better and better. today what really impressed me was his decision making. knowing when to throw it away.

and this has to be a great confidence booster for him. he played his best game and almost beat the G.O.A.T .... almost be the SB champs.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He threw the ball away 7-8 times.  

He even had two that he threw low to covered receivers that were intentional throw aways to avoid sacks. 

It’s so encouraging to see those throw aways. 

Rather than throw it up for grabs he’s showing real intelligence and patience. 

Smart kid. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I think at this point we can anticipate a nice 2nd year jump from Zach. If he continues to move forward like he has and the team around him continues to improve, he could be really good

Don't forget he's a film junkie too.  He has the mind to match the physical side.

The game is slowing down for him so maybe he has the mental processor to match the other two gifts.  It's the most crucial and elusive part of being a franchise quarterback.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

At some point, one of these young QBs has to work out for us. Zach has as good a chance as anyone else we have drafted in my lifetime. 

So you’re not buying the mountain of evidence and statz proving no QB has ever become good after putting up the numbers Zach put up in his first 4 games? 

There’s a dude here who has all that evidence. Likely won’t cut and paste it dozens and dozens and dozens of times this week. 

I kind of feel sad for that guy. He’s going to have a lot of pent up anger and frustration this week, waiting and hoping Zach throws 4 INTs next week. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s improving, you can see that over the last month, unlike Darnold or Geno, who kept repeating the same mistakes Wilson seems to be learning and it shows.

To be fair, Sam had a good final month in his rookie year, although he was bad the last week in NE. 

I’m hoping Wilson finishes strong next week in a very tough building to play in 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I think at this point we can anticipate a nice 2nd year jump from Zach. If he continues to move forward like he has and the team around him continues to improve, he could be really good

If we get him a real playmaking TE and another good WR he could be VERY good next year. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Clearly his best game as a pro - under very difficult circumstances.

He's been progressing every week and been a completely different QB since his injury/personal coaching being hired.  

Y'all got the complete game you were looking where Zach was a major contributor to the success of offense today.  Still a ways to go for sure and we need to see this consistently - but dang this was fun to watch.

It's a shame we lost - but we're watching a young player turn into a franchise QB right before our eyes...enjoy the ride.

God I hope you’re right. I remember those last 5 games of Darnold’s rookie year where he looked really good. At least Zach will have the same coaching staff, a better Oline and some good young offensive weapons to work with. He certainly looked poised  and put the ball in great places today. 

His numbers weren't crazy, but he continued his improvement with a very impressive game. I mean, he almost beat Brady without pretty much every key player on offense. 

He hasn't been flashy recently, but I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see him cut down on those turnovers and horrible short passes that haunted him early on. Want him to keep that improvement trend into next week and beyond. This year was always going to be about growth and progression above all, and I'm loving that he's showing that. He was abysmal at many points this year including early on and I had expected better from him as a rookie. However constant improvement was always going to be the key to this year-- and he's doing exactly that.

• Upvote 2