Bart Scott

RSJ

Just now, Barton said:

He's been demoted or removed from every analyst gig he's ever gotten. Im guessing he wont be at SNY much longer. 

Bring back Westhoff, Lucas and Cascadden. 

Wouldn't be surprised that he's partly the reason why Lucas wanted out. Can't stand him spewing verbal garbage talking over everyone and the whole cast got the eye roll going when he speaks. 

• Upvote 2

He’s got a personal problem with ZW. It’s clear as day. Don’t know why but it’s obvious and ridiculous 

I think you nailed it. And it wasn’t just him. I’m done with that show. Listen, we know the Jets aren’t good, but this was a damn good game from Zach. I can only speak for myself, but I just wanted to hear some good stuff. Not e petting them to put Zach in the HOF or anything, but they were way off base. That was ridiculous.
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

All three of the analysts were all over ZW after Zach admitted he called his own number and he claims that he saw an open A gap. They showed replays of TB's D line and clearly there was no gap at all. That's why Bart was so pissed.

Zach's Post game interview

q - Saleh said it was kinda of like a qb option

a - we got the play call in and I liked it just cause it has two different options, just like you just said, and right there I was just thinking to do my job and umm you know we had an open A gap there and unfortunately we came short

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

And yet you watch it every week, then talk about it here.

Which is what they’re paid to make you do. Watch and comment about their content.

I haven't been watching it every week. Only after wins or games like today where they took the Bucs to the wire. Scott's rants about Wilson have turned me off. There's better content on Youtube or even from the Jets themselves with Eric Allen, Anthony Becht, and Erik Coleman ?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

All three of the analysts were all over ZW after Zach admitted he called his own number and he claims that he saw an open A gap. They showed replays of TB's D line and clearly there was no gap at all. That's why Bart was so pissed.
a - we got the play call in and I liked it just cause it has two different options, just like you just said, and right there I was just thinking to do my job and umm you know we had an open A gap there and unfortunately we came short

Show me a 22 year old that wouldnt call their own number. That’s exactly the attitude I want in a QB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I haven't been watching it every week. Only after wins or games like today where they took the Bucs to the wire. Scott's rants about Wilson have turned me off. There's better content on Youtube or even from the Jets themselves with Eric Allen, Anthony Becht, and Erik Coleman ?

Let me guess. it’s always sunshine and lollipops with Allen, Brecht and Coleman… 

None of that annoying critical stuff after a loss, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

He’s got a personal problem with ZW. It’s clear as day. Don’t know why but it’s obvious and ridiculous 

It's very weird. There is so much extrapolating every week on what Saleh and Wilson say in the post from Bart - which is odd because he is on his laptop all the time during the broadcast!

33 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I want the QB that takes the win over calling their own number.

Not saying he's Jordan, but if he's going to be the QB everyone wants him to be, than he's got to make the decisions he thinks give the team the best chance to win. Today, might not be that day, but one day in the future it may.  Would you take the ball out of Jordan's hands if you wanted the winning shot ???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

The kid owned it rather than letting it hang in the coaching staff. He wants to be able to make those calls at the line - makes sense. 

Here is what I don't follow about the discussion on the play:

He obviously wanted the play to work and knows that he is tiny and can't move the pile himself - so when he says he saw an open A gap, I give him the benefit of the doubt that he either a) misread the defense, b) overestimated what the line would get at the snap or c) that the play is literally drawn up for a yard (and then Saleh's lament could be taken literally that the play as an option should never have been run in that situation because the sneak option will rarely get two yards even if you have the gap pre snap) . If C were true, Zach actually might see the exact keys the playbook says should trigger the sneak and robotically execute a play that is doomed from the start. 

So I struggled with them going after the kid on character/integrity - if he is all about himself ahead of the team why would he knowingly run into a brick wall and embarrass himself? Even if you take the view that he sees the gap filled and decides he's going to Paul Bunyan through then at worst it's the hubris of inexperience - but a character flaw? Show me a Rookie QB that hasn't had a moment of overconfidence.

The only way the play is a character flaw or he is lying is if he checks into it because he is tanking and that doesn't seem to be what the SNY folks were contemplating either. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

i think i call into question what wilson saw as an open a gap.  there wasn't any opening.  he might've been able to run off of the left side but the better play was to give it to berrios.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RSJ said:

Am I the only one totally sick of this guy? Did he forget about getting run over in Pittsburgh in the AFCC?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I will not recognize him as a former Jet and "one of us" from this point moving foward. He is pathetic, and I mean that in the truest sense of the word. The problem of our team is the character issues of the rookie Qb who put the team on his back and almost beat the reigning Super Bowl Champs, and who also has the forward thinking, with everything else going on in his world, to give tickets away to a waitress who had to work Christmas morning? Yeah, you would have thought he quit on his teammates and ran around the field with his shirt off. You suck Bart Scott 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The Open gap was there - people keep saying it but it was open - it closed late, but it was the call he was taught to make...

If the coaches didn't want him to have the option they can take the option off the table...

D4358A75-8529-464F-A7B9-4AB1AE73B8A9.jpeg.02ef3bb2591c31ce2fd504a657c1edb5.jpeg

Tell us more about your film breakdown.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He should be killing the jets defense for yet another collapse rather than focus on that one gaff.

Our offense has been a bit better or about what i expected this year.  LaFleur after a rocky start has done a nice job.

The defense has been monumentally disappointing from game 1 to this game.

Exactly.  Even with the gaff we were leading with little time left, Tampa our of timeouts and the defense couldn't keep the Bucs out of the EZ.  But to a defensive stalwart like Scott, the QB who had the Jets leading for all but 30 seconds of the game is not only to blame but a selfish, me first player.

• Sympathy 1