Bart Scott

RSJ

1 minute ago, K Clue said:

Bart Scott and Leger Douzable both just love to hate Wilson, and will look for literally any little reason to sh*t on him, yesterday’s post game show proves just that.

Both these dudes make it completely unwatchable, haters like them shouldn’t have any type of platform to spew their nonsense. 

I think Leger had been very fair and supportive of Zach (taking crap from Scott along the way) until yesterday. He just lost it after Saleh's press conference.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

I think Leger had been very fair and supportive of Zach (taking crap from Scott along the way) until yesterday. He just lost it after Saleh's press conference.

Yeah, definitely no where near bad as Scott, but yesterday he seemed to be a bit much, that could’ve just been me being annoyed over the loss and hearing Bart Scott spew his nonsense. 

My favorite guy to watch on there is Willie Colon he always seems calm & collected for the most part and doesn’t talk over everyone or over criticize everything. 

On 1/3/2022 at 8:57 AM, heymangold said:

But then Saleh said they gave him the wrong play all.  So what is it?  Coaches covering for players or player cover for coaches?

Sounds like he wasn’t given a play for a straight run by Barrios, the play has the option where the QB keeps it if he sees the gaps open.  Zach did and ran the play as called.  I would bet as more of a vet he would know it was wrong given down and distance and handed off.  The miscommunication was no one told him him to hand off no matter what you see.  

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

What a difference from the Dolphins post game show. I have never seen the media coddle a team like the Dolphins beat reporters and local media. 

It’s comical how many fluff questions and comments are made after a fish game

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Well that was not the situation with Colon on Sunday. Totally unprofessional. All of them. No excuse for it. I have unfollowed all of them. More pathetic was Colon's damage control yesterday where he left off with how he has information on Zach but wont say. Seriously? So immature and petty.

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

• Sympathy 1

I don't want to see anyone get fired because I don't like what they have to say. But isn't it kind of weird that a Raven, a Steeler, and a journeyman NFL player are our pre and post game analysts?

I know Bart Scott had a good run with the Jets but he played longer for Baltimore and I think he would rather be connected to the Ravens instead of the Jets, especially given the Jets run over the last 10 years. 

What's Shaun Ellis doing these days? Or David Harris? Or Laveranues Coles? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don't want to see anyone get fired because I don't like what they have to say. But isn't it kind of weird that a Raven, a Steeler, and a journeyman NFL player are our pre and post game analysts?
I know Bart Scott had a good run with the Jets but he played longer for Baltimore and I think he would rather be connected to the Ravens instead of the Jets, especially given the Jets run over the last 10 years. 
What's Shaun Ellis doing these days? Or David Harris? Or Laveranues Coles? 

David Harris, Mangold, Brick, Cotchery. Hell I’ll even take Mark Sanchez.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, definitely no where near bad as Scott, but yesterday he seemed to be a bit much, that could’ve just been me being annoyed over the loss and hearing Bart Scott spew his nonsense. 
My favorite guy to watch on there is Willie Colon he always seems calm & collected for the most part and doesn’t talk over everyone or over criticize everything. 
I think SNY is trying to do anything to trigger views/ratings and they have decided the cimini school of broadcasting is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

Well that was not the situation with Colon on Sunday. Totally unprofessional. All of them. No excuse for it. I have unfollowed all of them. More pathetic was Colon's damage control yesterday where he left off with how he has information on Zach but wont say. Seriously? So immature and petty.

Sorry, I don't watch the show but curious what information he said he had about Zach?

12 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I think SNY is trying to do anything to trigger views/ratings and they have decided the cimini school of broadcasting is the way to go.

I suspect this will harm them more than help.  People don't really tune in to hear attacks on their team.  I know, for me, I stopped watching that show for the first time in a decade - stopped DVR'ing it....just go listen to radio post game - which is far and away better - and can still watch the 4:00 games at the same time.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Zach was selfish, entitled, self serving and only interested in the limelight. Didn’t see it either but I did read that entire goofy thread. 

It's interesting because I don't get that at all from him.  He doesn't seem to be putting himself out there - you barely hear from the kid other than the standard required interviews.  

He's consistently taken blame, not backed away from criticism and hasn't thrown anyone under the bus.

He must really be a son of a bitch in the locker for this to be true...

Sounds like BS to me - a 22 year old QB in NY is put into a tough spot.

I'm sure he rubs some people the wrong way - like he does here...Just for kinda being him.

• Upvote 2

Bart Scott giving an impassioned defense of his week and clowning Costello’s column. Says Costello knew (and approved!) the context of the finger-giving incident and chose not to tell that part of it, etc. 

The interesting part of it was that the reason Leger, Colon, and Douzable flipped out on Zach was because they felt he was lying about the A gap being open, as anyone who played football knew that the two DTs were going to slant down at the snap, which makes it de facto closed. Felt that he was being disingenuous about what happened on the play as a way of eliding responsibility for making a bad play. Obviously, Bart, Colon, and Douzable played on the interior and took offense to Zach trying to pull a fast one about what he saw. 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

It's interesting because I don't get that at all from him.  He doesn't seem to be putting himself out there - you barely hear from the kid other than the standard required interviews.  

He's consistently taken blame, not backed away from criticism and hasn't thrown anyone under the bus.

He must really be a son of a bitch in the locker for this to be true...

Sounds like BS to me - a 22 year old QB in NY is put into a tough spot.

I'm sure he rubs some people the wrong way - like he does here...Just for kinda being him.

I don't know but if I had to guess..  It's partly because his Uncle owns that airline and that make them look big time. His mother and her need for online attention comes off pretty entitled and honestly pretty unlikeable. Yet, biggest thing? Have to be the staff handing him his starting position when he obviously wasn't ready. That's the definition of entitled. Plus the media since the day he drafted kept popping out the Rodgers and Mahomes comparisons he didn't honestly deserve and again kind of entitled. So think it's likely his circumstance rather him,"Welcome to NY ZACH!"  LOL

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sorry, I don't watch the show but curious what information he said he had about Zach?

That's the thing FJ, he wouldnt say. It was like elementary school kids gossiping between Evan Roberts, Colon, and Carton. It ended with Colon saying that he wouldnt say. Cringe worthy embarrassment. Cant believe these guys would stoop so low character wise. At this point, what else is there to believe other than it is totally made up

• Upvote 1

Bart on Bart and Hahn totally backing down and is trying to change the narrative and focus on the Brian Costello article, why he went after some reporter a while ago because some female reporter was crying because another reporter was asking for info when she was having a private conversation about her Dad in hospice, and how he’s the most charitable person in the world (diverted to some long dream out story about his ge helps people out blah blah blah) and how Costello better keep his receipts because Bart keeps his. Some serious chest puffing.  

Kept repeating “hey remember when GVR dissed him months ago”? Like that’s a reason to sh*t on Zach now. 

Backing off the “character flaw” comment said he didn’t mean he was a bad guy, he should have let Berrios have his day, should have stood up and taken the blame like Brady did after losing the SB. lol  a 22 year old noob v Brady.  Like WWJD.  

Said nobody tells him what to say on SNY but he is completely backtracking because HE’S being roasted on the Twitter. 

And Hahn just nodding his head “yeah you were a pro football player so whatever you say, Bart”.  

Bart’s an ass. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I don't know but if I had to guess..  It's partly because his Uncle owns that airline and that make them look big time. His mother and her need for online attention comes off pretty entitled and honestly pretty unlikeable. Yet, biggest thing? Have to be the staff handing him his starting position when he obviously wasn't ready. That's the definition of entitled. Plus the media since the day he drafted kept popping out the Rodgers and Mahomes comparisons he didn't honestly deserve and again kind of entitled. So think it's likely his circumstance rather him,"Welcome to NY ZACH!"  LOL

So….nothing directly attributable to Zach or HIS character. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I dont know.  Who his uncle is or isnt is a real stretch.  There were plenty of stories told of Zach saving his money to buy a car, delivering for Doordash to make money and driving 10 hours each way to get coaching in Cali.  Doesnt sound real entitled to me.  Has anyone heard boo from his mother since the season started?  Her Instagram had some Zach stuff on it when he was drafted 2nd overall, who here wouldnt have done the same if their kid went second overall?  He was handed the job.  So was Lawrence and others.  Happens every year.  Scott played with a QB who was handed the job here.  One in Baltimore too I believe, its the way of the NFL.  

Even if you dont agree with my take, neither your take or mine is a knock on the kid.  All the shlt being thrown on him is because of others, his Uncle, Mother or the Jets handing him the starting nod.  Theres nothing here that he was responsible for 

Im more inclined to thinking that Scott loves the attention and it brought in some extra listeners to his radio show.  

• Upvote 2

Bart is a clown but if what he said was right it would be fair criticism, but it made no sense. No player is getting “all of the glory” for picking up a first down from a QB sneak up the middle. They did their jobs by having people tall about it, which is the point of the show 

Sounds like he wasn’t given a play for a straight run by Barrios, the play has the option where the QB keeps it if he sees the gaps open.  Zach did and ran the play as called.  I would bet as more of a vet he would know it was wrong given down and distance and handed off.  The miscommunication was no one told him him to hand off no matter what you see.  

Every ******* playcall has an alternate play. Every single one. They do that so a half intelligent QB has an alternative play to go to if he see something. Some Pass calls have run play check offs built in, would you blame coaches if Zach checked to a run on 4th and 20 with the game on the line? Honestly any fan who tries to blame the coaching for Zach’s stupidity saying coaches should have told Zach on that play is literally outing themselves for having no clue.

16 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Every ******* playcall has an alternate play. Every single one. They do that so a half intelligent QB has an alternative play to go to if he see something. Some Pass calls have run play check offs built in, would you blame coaches if Zach checked to a run on 4th and 20 with the game on the line? Honestly any fan who tries to blame the coaching for Zach’s stupidity saying coaches should have told Zach on that play is literally outing themselves for having no clue.

If he thought he saw something, he made a rookie mistake.  There are photos that show what he claimed he saw.  

The trashing of a kid who had a really good overall game, who has been improving by you has long passed the trolling stage.  Let him develop, hes played 12 games, youre the clueless one here especially given the comments by Scott weren't that he made the wrong call but that he made the call to make himself the hero.   

• Sympathy 1

Color me surprised that Colon went back on air today to double down after ostensibly backing down on twitter yesterday. The idea he would go on radio and site 'anonymous sources' about 'things he knows but won't say' regarding the rookie QB is CRAZY. Its literally the kind of media behavior that Jets players and staff complained about Manish doing FOR YEARS and I think similar to what led Bart Scott to his failed media boycott when he was a player, no? (My memory might be failing me here). 

As Charlie Brown would say - GOOD GRIEF. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If he thought he saw something, he made a rookie mistake.  There are photos that show what he claimed he saw.  
The trashing of a kid who had a really good overall game, who has been improving by you has long passed the trolling stage.  Let him develop, hes played 12 games, youre the clueless one here especially given the comments by Scott weren't that he made the wrong call but that he made the call to make himself the hero.   

I don’t care what Scott said he thinks the reasoning was. The photo in this thread clearly shows there was no A gap open. Again, the reasons are as follows-Zach is stupid or he’s selfish. I don’t think he’s selfish, I think he’s stupid like I’ve been saying all season. He’s not a very bright kid when it comes to football intelligence. Coaches shouldn’t have to tell a QB “hey stupid, the stupid idea you think you have in your head is in fact incredibly stupid.”

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Color me surprised that Colon went back on air today to double down after ostensibly backing down on twitter yesterday. The idea he would go on radio and site 'anonymous sources' about 'things he knows but won't say' regarding the rookie QB is CRAZY. Its literally the kind of media behavior that Jets players and staff complained about Manish doing FOR YEARS and I think similar to what led Bart Scott to his failed media boycott when he was a player, no? (My memory might be failing me here). 

As Charlie Brown would say - GOOD GRIEF. 

If Willie Colon said “my sources inside the building tell me that Zach Wilson is the greatest dude of all time,” would you guys question the existence of Willie Colon’s sources?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

If Wilson is as butthurt by the criticism as a lot of my friends here. We're doomed.  It was a mistake. Calling your own number on 4th & 2, when you had a better option, very well could have cost us the game. 4th and a foot, 4th and a yard. Yes. 4th and 2yards. No.

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Willie Colon said “my sources inside the building tell me that Zach Wilson is the greatest dude of all time,” would you guys question the existence of Willie Colon’s sources?

It wouldn't be news  as it would be consistent with all the public comments to date from players and admin?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

No because thats what everyone who is asked says ... and by all acounts is actually the truth.

If Wilson is as butthurt by the criticism as a lot of my friends here. We're doomed.  It was a mistake. Calling your own number on 4th & 2, when you had a better option, very well could have cost us the game. 4th and a foot, 4th and a yard. Yes. 4th and 2yards. No.
Totally agree a bad play .. a mistake ... the kid is still learning .. to call out his character just seems childish immature and unfounded.

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2022 at 4:47 PM, T0mShane said:

No because it fits what everyone has said about the kid since day one.

It wouldnt be an out of left field comment trying to criticize him by hanging a behavioral flaw on ZW.  

• Sympathy 1