Current Draft Situation w/ 1 game remaining

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Jets pick is still 4 and Seahawks, even with win, remain at pick 7.

If Seahawks beat Cardinals next week, I think their pick can only fall to 11 at the worst.  

Panthers currently at 6th pick and they close at TB.  Anyone not expect Bucs to be razor focused next week?

If everything goes right next week, we will end up with 2 top 10 picks and 4 top 40 picks and 7 picks in top 115.

If we win against BUF and Carolina loses against TB, I think we will actually beat them out when the strength of schedule re-adjusts.

Carolina is playing a 12-4 team and we are playing a 10-6 team, so it will be close. 

It's also interesting how close Seattle and Carolina are with their SOS, the right outcomes could bump that pick up 1 more spot I think. 

If were deadlocked with NYG, we will beat them out on SOS for sure, so theres that too. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We are fine in terms of draft position. Don't care what happens next week in terms of draft order. We will have two top 10 picks, regardless. 

We have PLENTY of draft capital and FA money. No excuse for this team to not be competitive next year. 

Is that an echo from last year? ? 

Jets are absolutely loaded!  This is the most important draft I can ever remember with the jets outside of Idzick's botched 2011 draft.  Even then I think we will have potentially better draft position this draft.  This can be so transformational, the thought is of it gets me giddy.  There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel Jets fans.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We pick a safety before day 2 I’m taking my shirt off throwing it and walking out of the house. 

The best overall prospect in the draft is a safety. Even if you think the Adams pick was a waste (it wasn't), Hamilton is a better prospect than him by some margin. 

I get the positional value thing, but at some stage you just have to recognise who the blue chip prospects are in this draft and pick accordingly. This draft does really lack true top end talent and he's one of very few who's in that bracket. 

I'm not going to pound the table for Hamilton, but I definitely won't be unhappy if we draft him either. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Houston at Tennessee next week.  A Houston win - maybe Titans rest their starters with the division locked up — would move us up to 3 (with a Jets loss).

Tennessee is currently the 1 seed. No way they rest their guys 

• Upvote 1