Current Draft Situation w/ 1 game remaining

53 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We are fine in terms of draft position. Don't care what happens next week in terms of draft order. We will have two top 10 picks, regardless. 

We have PLENTY of draft capital and FA money. No excuse for this team to not be competitive next year. 

Yea there is. Injuries. For some reason we always get ****ed with injuries

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Why would they trade next year's starting Right Tackle?

How’s he starting anywhere when he’s been completely unavailable?  Douglas is great at these trades.  Squeeze the Eagles for one of those 1sts.  Draft Evan Neal (or just re-sign Moses!), a pass rusher, and a WR with our three first rounders and let’s win some damn games. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Maybe, except we didn't have two top ten picks last year . . . 

Also, I didn't have us being a competitive team this year, so you are talking to the wrong guy

Also, we had to spend our top number one pick on the QB which we of course needed. Now we will have 2 picks in the top ten to spend on play makers on either D or O or both.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Great

Now hit on the picks 

Then I will be happy.

We hit on most of our picks last year and have been bringing in players to help  with the injured all year and youre not close to being happy

In fact the opposite would describe your attitude 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I was just gonna ask, is this really a weak draft class this year?

It’s almost a polar opposite of last year where there was a strong top ten in terms of talent but a very thin draft beyond round 3. This year looks light at the top blue chip level, but way deeper with quality than last year’s draft at certain positions. Having a bunch of top 120 picks is a very good thing. 

The biggest problem for the Jets is that the qb crop is pretty lackluster and the pressure for other teams to trade up otherwise seems fairly low. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

We have won 4 games this year 

Which is twice what we won a year ago with kids inter early 20s getting exp

I can count too.

Now we've brought a new QB along, have a RB, AVT, Moore, Echols and Hall have a year of exp.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

The biggest problem for the Jets is that the qb crop is pretty lackluster and the pressure for other teams to trade up otherwise seems fairly low. 

Dont worry once hype train begins there will be at least 3 qbs going top 12

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DoubleDecker said:

Jets are absolutely loaded!  This is the most important draft I can ever remember with the jets outside of Idzick's botched 2011 draft.  Even then I think we will have potentially better draft position this draft.  This can be so transformational, the thought is of it gets me giddy.  There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel Jets fans.

Having a Franchise QB who can hit ANY throw from ANY arm angle, can run like a deer when he has to, can protect the ball.....makes EVERYTHING much much easier when building a team....you’ll see.

Most Franchise QBs have SOME of those attributes...but not ALL of them....Wilson does.

Last time the Jets had one who could at one time do ALL those things he played for Alabama, his name was Joe Namath and then he shredded his knee.  The Jets never ever got the “complete” Joe Namath.

Jets and their fans have an exciting future ahead of them.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I'm not sold on olave at all.   Karlaftis, that would be a poor 4th overall pick as well though i don't hate the player

The question is - who would be a good 4th overall pick?  I’m thinking Edge is just critical in this D and is a need even with Lawson back.

I’d be ok with an OT.

Stingley would get me excited but you know the story, injuries, we don’t value CB’s, best football was 2 years ago 

Hamilton- not a safety at 4

So where does need fit value at 4, again maybe OT.  But Edge is a need and a premier spot. Karlaftis’ combine will be big, how long are the arms, how bendy can he be.

And I think Olave fits the offense well. Good route runner, can also get vertical. Preferably get him after a trade back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

The question is - who would be a good 4th overall pick?  I’m thinking Edge is just critical in this D and is a need even with Lawson back.

I’d be ok with an OT.

Stingley would get me excited but you know the story, injuries, we don’t value CB’s, best football was 2 years ago 

Hamilton- not a safety at 4

So where does need fit value at 4, again maybe OT.  But Edge is a need and a premier spot. Karlaftis’ combine will be big, how long are the arms, how bendy can he be.

And I think Olave fits the offense well. Good route runner, can also get vertical. Preferably get him after a trade back.

I am going to wait for the usual  shake up in the draft groupings after the season is over and then workouts and combine occur.  There is always movement in the top of the draft.  I really want a Qb or two to wow people in workouts.  That will help us alot.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Everyone keeps mentioning Neal, but I was under the impression that Cross is the better fit for our offense.  

Neal has played across the O line during his college career, he's a fantastic prospect but possibly a guard for us if we draft him. 

2 minutes ago, PLO said:

Neal has played across the O line during his college career, he's a fantastic prospect but possibly a guard for us if we draft him. 

Could you imagine the line left to right:

Fant-AVT-McGovern-Neal-Becton

That is a top 10 oline in the league.  That is how you protect a young qb.

And some of you think we are going to take a safety.  HAHAHHAHAHHA

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Bengals had 4 wins last year. AFC North Champs today. Qb was the key, then WR

2019 Jonah Williams OT

2020 Joe Burrow & Tee Higgins

2021 Jamar Chase

Lets hope now that we have our QB and RB we can add our game changing wide outs

BENGALS

2019 Jonah Williams was drafted #11 overall.  He missed his entire rookie year to injury. He then played a partial season (10 games) in year-2, and was a near full time starter in year-3. 

2020 QB (1st rd) & WR (2nd rd) = 4 win season

2021 WR(1st rd) = they win their division 

———

JETS

2020 Mekhi Becton was drafted #11 overall. He played a partial season (14 games) his rookie year. He then missed all but a qtr of year-2. Will he be a full time starter in his year-3????

2021 QB (1st rd) & WR (2nd rd) = 4 wins

2022 WR (1st rd)??? =   >4 wins???? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Having a Franchise QB who can hit ANY throw from ANY arm angle, can run like a deer when he has to, can protect the ball.....makes EVERYTHING much much easier when building a team....you’ll see.

Most Franchise QBs have SOME of those attributes...but not ALL of them....Wilson does.

Last time the Jets had one who could at one time do ALL those things he played for Alabama, his name was Joe Namath and then he shredded his knee.  The Jets never ever got the “complete” Joe Namath.

Jets and their fans have an exciting future ahead of them.

I didn’t even have to look to see who posted this. I knew.

To no one’s surprise… You’re doing the same thing you did with Darnold 4 years ago.