Current Draft Situation w/ 1 game remaining

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Separate subject here, and it does not need its own thread, but God, has Sam Darnold regressed. Watching him try and move the Panthers down the field yesterday on a last drive was painful. He is NOT a QB in this league. 

Guess we already knew that.

The amazing thing is he stars every single game like 9-9 for 70 yards or hits a big play right away and then gets worse and worse and worse as the game goes one.

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

The patriots took 5 ol in the first 2 rounds over the past 21 years…  also repeating my previous response the cowboys won THREE playoff games over the past 25 years. That’s not good my any means. 

Please do not use the pats oline as an example of anything, they are allowed to blatantly hold and look great while with the pats.

The moment they leave they all stink.

Dallas and their oline made Dak prescott rich.

I'll go back to my normal statemetn, if there is any position group to overbuild it is the oline more than any other.

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We pick 4th and 7th.

Center will never happen unless we trade down like a dozen slots or more, and even then it's really unlikely.

Definitely a trade out with the #4 pick. My hope is that Pittsburg wants to jump Carolina for Pickett. Need Giants to win last game. #7 = WR or Edge and #15 for Linderbaum 

Edited by 32EBoozer

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'll go back to my normal statemetn, if there is any position group to overbuild it is the oline more than any other.

If this was pre 2010 then Id agree. The league has changed drastically over the past decade. If you watch the routes they are no longer long developing. They are short timing routes which require much less time to complete. What does this mean? The ol needs to hold their blocks for a much shorter amount of time, but the receivers need to get open in a hurry. WR/TE > OL. Most of the best teams have mediocre lines because they don’t need world beaters out there when the ball is out in 2 seconds. 

17 hours ago, The Crusher said:

We pick a safety before day 2 I’m taking my shirt off throwing it and walking out of the house. 

Get ready. We could pick safety at 4. I am not sure we reach for a 2nd tier edge at 4 and TBH I am not sure the Jets will view EDGE as critical as most here do, though it seems this board would select an edge player in the first every year.

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

OL/WR/TE in picks 1-3.

You can have as much Defense as you want after that.

Our future is based on Zach.  Not the Defense.

So he's getting his time, and we need to give him his weapons so many of you say he doesn't have.

We are 100% in agreement. Zach is ALL.

12 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

What does this mean? The ol needs to hold their blocks for a much shorter amount of time, but the receivers need to get open in a hurry. WR/TE > OL. All of the best teams have mediocre lines because they don’t need world beaters out there when the ball is out in 2 seconds. 

All the good teams have very good running games. You need talent on the line to block and hold up to pass rush

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Separate subject here, and it does not need its own thread, but God, has Sam Darnold regressed. Watching him try and move the Panthers down the field yesterday on a last drive was painful. He is NOT a QB in this league. 

Guess we already knew that.

I had the saints minus 6.5 and just had a feeling he would throw the pick. We saw him do it quite a few times. Although it worked to my benefit, I felt bad for him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I had the saints minus 6.5 and just had a feeling he would throw the pick. We saw him do it quite a few times. Although it worked to my benefit, I felt bad for him.

Just moving the ball 15 yards that final drive was a chore. They could have given the Panthers 6 points to cross midfield and it would have been a struggle.

35 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

All the good teams have very good running games. You need talent on the line to block and hold up to pass rush

Want to go over some teams?

The Bengals have 1 first round and 0 second round OL, the Packers have 0 first or second round OL, The titans have 1 first and 1 second round OL, The Rams have 0 first round and 3 second round OL, the Chiefs have 1 first and 1 second round OL, the bills have 0 first round and 2 second round OL, the cardinals have 2 first and 1 second round OL, The patriots have 1 first round and 0 second round OL.  I also included vets they signed and not just guys they drafted. 

in summary these are all good/great teams and show that there is no reason to invest a ton of high end resources in back to back to back years in OL. Lots of them have 4th round -undrafted guys starting. 

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

The Bengals have 1 first round and 0 second round OL, the Packers have 0 first or second round OL, The titans have 1 first and 1 second round OL, The Rams have 0 first round and 3 second round OL, the Chiefs have 1 first and 1 second round OL, the bills have 0 first round and 2 second round OL, the cardinals have 2 first and 1 second round OL, The patriots have 1 first round and 0 second round OL.  I also included vets they signed and not just young guys they drafted. 

in summary these are all good/great teams and show that there is no reason to invest a ton of high end resources in back to back to back years in OL. Lots of them have 4th round -undrafted guys starting. 

You forgot the Colts?

22 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

The Bengals have 1 first round and 0 second round OL, the Packers have 0 first or second round OL, The titans have 1 first and 1 second round OL, The Rams have 0 first round and 3 second round OL, the Chiefs have 1 first and 1 second round OL, the bills have 0 first round and 2 second round OL, the cardinals have 2 first and 1 second round OL, The patriots have 1 first round and 0 second round OL.  I also included vets they signed and not just guys they drafted. 

2 Things. They all have very good to exceptional Qb play except for NE who has an excellent offensive system in place. We have a rookie.

Evidently they develop players better than the Jets staff. We have a rookie HC, OC. Why make life difficult for them. They have all they can handle right now. 

Do you wish to risk the development of our potential Franchise Qb so you can draft a 4th-6th round OL in the hope it works out like the other teams?

Get Zach developed then you can find supplemental lineman in future years. 

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

2 Things. They all have very good to exceptional Qb play except for NE who has an excellent offensive system in place. We have a rookie.

Evidently they develop players better than the Jets staff. We have a rookie HC, OC. Why make life difficult for them. They have all they can handle right now. 

Do you wish to risk the development of our potential Franchise Qb so you can draft a 4th-6th round OL in the hope it works out like the other teams?

Get Zach developed then you can find supplemental lineman in future years. 

Zach is not going to be a rookie next year. The jets are currently ranked as the 12th best line in the league. They are starting to get the system down pat and understand their assignments. That is with the extensive amount of injuries. The line has not been a problem in the second half of the season. The weapons have been paired with Zach learning. 

zachs development does not need the top line in the league. It needs guys who can get open (which hasn’t been the case). Who says Zach can’t be a good qb next year? He’ll have 2 off-season under his belt and has been improving every week. His escape ability in the pocket has been excellent. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Definitely a trade out with the #4 pick. My hope is that Pittsburg wants to jump Carolina for Pickett. Need Giants to win last game. #7 = WR or Edge and #15 for Linderbaum 

I was about to up-vote your post until you finished it by wasting a 1st round pick on a center ;) 

• Haha 1