Denzel Mims: 0 snaps

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He probably can't wait until after next week so he never has to answer another "wHy nO MIms" questions. He can't just say "listen the dude sucks" for obvious reasons. We'll almost certainly be cutting bait w/him in the offseason - hopefully he still has some kind of trade value but I doubt it.

Antonio Brown half dressed straight up? 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It’s one of those,” if you can’t say anything nice, just lie your  ass off!” Moments. 

His whole press conference was an absolute lie.  He pretended to be real pissed when in actuality, he will go into Joe Ds office with a grin as wide as the joker.

Today was the perfect outcome for this franchise.  Saleh has a little oscar worthy acting in him.  I love it!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

People were hopeful he could build on an injury ravaged rookie season.  Sorry if we root for players we draft who had successful college careers.  I really don't understand the glee in some folks as if they are invested on seeing Mims fail.  He will go to another team and hopefully get an opportunity in an offense more suited to his skill set.   The idea that he gets no snaps yet Smith and Cole are playing a head of him is more an indictment of the coaching staff than anything on Mims.   

Mims quite possibly has lots of what is going on with Antonio Brown.  Brown most likely has CTE, which is sad, but also other things, which is sad too.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, docdhc said:

There’s no down side to giving him another shot this off season and training camp. He’s got talent and he comes cheap. I really don’t think they’ll just cut him. 

I do they don’t like him, he won’t be on the roster next year. At this point he’s a distraction, Saleh is fed up with answering questions weekly about Denzel Mims. He’s actually worse than Stephen Hill at this point.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Sorry if we root….

Rooting and analysis/projection/evaluation are two very different things.

We all rooted for Mims. We did not all evaluate him as a stud and/or project him to be a star.

No one takes issue with rooting for our players and team to do well.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

His whole press conference was an absolute lie.  He pretended to be real pissed when in actuality, he will go into Joe Ds office with a grin as wide as the joker.

Today was the perfect outcome for this franchise.  Saleh has a little oscar worthy acting in him.  I love it!!!!

Wasnt 100 percent sure if this persona was a joke, now I know for sure it is 

Thank you JWN, Thank you

Next week is last week of season. No point risking Moore unless he is ready and wants to get some rust off. Smith was terrible too. I would play any player that the Jets hope will be there next year - whether that includes Mims or not - to give them some more experience and the opportunity to impress a little. Either way, I doubt we really know what is going on. Maybe he didn't get the snaps because .... 

At this point, he has had multiple opportunities to show up. I doubt he is on the team in 2023, but unless something is going on we don't know about, no point it releasing him now.

• Upvote 3

There are two things that cannot really be overstated about Mims:

(1) he had a massive opportunity over these past few weeks to make a case for himself with Moore, Davis and Crowder not playing; and

(2) he couldn’t have blew it any worse.

It used to drive me nuts seeing guys like Jeff Smith get more reps than him.  Yesterday, I didn’t give any thought to Mims not being on the field — so, yes, like the Jets, I’ve moved on from him, likely for good.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

There are two things that cannot really be overstated about Mims:

(1) he had a massive opportunity over these past few weeks to make a case for himself with Moore, Davis and Crowder not playing; and

(2) he couldn’t have blew it any worse.

It used to drive me nuts seeing guys like Jeff Smith get more reps than him.  Yesterday, I didn’t give any thought to Mims not being on the field — so, yes, like the Jets, I’ve moved on from him, likely for good.

We don't know why he didn't play. If there was a reason like an injury, or he didn't fit into the game plan, or they are making a point, then he didn't really do anything - can't blow it if he isn't on field.

If he didn't get on the field as they thought the Cole or Smith are better, he is in trouble and better really show something this off season...

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

We don't know why he didn't play. If there was a reason like an injury, or he didn't fit into the game plan, or they are making a point, then he didn't really do anything - can't blow it if he isn't on field.

If he didn't get on the field as they thought the Cole or Smith are better, he is in trouble and better really show something this off season...

I’m reading between the lines (his dumb mistakes the past couple weeks, Saleh’s post-game press conference where he showed an apparent annoyance at the topic of Mims) and inferring that Mims’ benching was a coaching decision based on his play.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1