Denzel Mims: 0 snaps

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

I’m reading between the lines (his dumb mistakes the past couple weeks, Saleh’s post-game press conference where he showed an apparent annoyance at the topic of Mims) and inferring that Mims’ benching was a coaching decision based on his play.  

Yep we are trying to guess based on a lack of information. Hopefully soon we will know more.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, JetBlue said:

People were hopeful he could build on an injury ravaged rookie season.  Sorry if we root for players we draft who had successful college careers.  I really don't understand the glee in some folks as if they are invested on seeing Mims fail.  He will go to another team and hopefully get an opportunity in an offense more suited to his skill set.   The idea that he gets no snaps yet Smith and Cole are playing a head of him is more an indictment of the coaching staff than anything on Mims.   

You have to remind yourself who youre talking to.  ProdigalSyndicate has never been wrong about a player.  Ever.  And he'd rather complain about players than root for them to succeed.  

• Upvote 3

mims is terrible as is joe who picked up-mims fan boys finally are coming around that he sucks. I said it many times he is stephen hill part two and that is doing a dis service to hill and said that berrios was a much better player with heart also proving true. Hey Joe D fan boys your guy is next up for the masses to see just how bad Joe is-6 wins in two years and his entire first draft sucked.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

30 minutes ago, kmnj said:

mims is terrible as is joe who picked up-mims fan boys finally are coming around that he sucks. I said it many times he is stephen hill part two and that is doing a dis service to hill and said that berrios was a much better player with heart also proving true. Hey Joe D fan boys your guy is next up for the masses to see just how bad Joe is-6 wins in two years and his entire first draft sucked.

and his second draft?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Mims is done as a Jet.  

If he has ANY trade value he'll be gone in the  spring - if not he'll be an early cut. 

Yup.  Really hard to see any other way this goes.  If we can get a day 3 pick, great, but more likley he is cut at the end of camp, if he even makes it that far.

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Whoa. Are you clairvoyant? You should change your name to Soothsayer. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Rooting and analysis/projection/evaluation are two very different things.

We all rooted for Mims. We did not all evaluate him as a stud and/or project him to be a star.

No one takes issue with rooting for our players and team to do well.

And the analysis/projection/evaluation was that he could develop into a very good receiver, hence why he was drafted in the second round.   He had a injury plagued rookie season, showed a some flashes so naturally the expectation is he would show even more in his second season.   However, it seems from the very beginning, from his demotion on the depth chart in preseason, to his being inactive for several games to him being dressed and not even even seeing the field, to the lack of targets, if the idea was to ruin any chance he would get to develop chemistry or even confidence, this staff did a great job of it.   

I don't know what may have happened behind the scenes but I am disappointed that it seems he was never given a fair shot.   It is now water under the bridge as it appears he probably will be dealt or cut.    I will continue to root for him and hope he can get his career back on track.  I refuse to believe this guy can't play in this league and is not potentially better then Coles and Smiths of the world. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is no conspiracy against Mims, and he was given a fair shot.  By all accounts, and watching when he did play, he is the problem.

The hyperbolic hype last offseason here was simply wrong, as it almost always is.

Enjoy rooting for him on his next team I guess, not my cup of tea rooting for other teams players.

Or, it could be that last year's coaches didn't care how he practiced or the routes he ran; maybe for all of the talk of Saleh being soft, he is really demanding. He doesn't scream or throw chairs, but if you don't show it at practice or in game, you don't play. Maybe this is exactly what he needs.

At this point, bust is the most likely outcome, but since he was 'in the doghouse' and JD still wouldn't trade him, my guess is that they still have hope for him. Some WRs need a few years to transition. Again, I doubt it he makes it at this point, but since he has tremendous upside and is cheap, I would expect he has a good chance of another offseason.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

And the analysis/projection/evaluation was that he could develop into a very good receiver, hence why he was drafted in the second round.   He had a injury plagued rookie season, showed a some flashes so naturally the expectation is he would show even more in his second season.   However, it seems from the very beginning, from his demotion on the depth chart in preseason, to his being inactive for several games to him being dressed and not even even seeing the field, to the lack of targets, if the idea was to ruin any chance he would get to develop chemistry or even confidence, this staff did a great job of it.   

I don't know what may have happened behind the scenes but I am disappointed that it seems he was never given a fair shot.   It is now water under the bridge as it appears he probably will be dealt or cut.    I will continue to root for him and hope he can get his career back on track.  I refuse to believe this guy can't play in this league and is not potentially better then Coles and Smiths of the world. 

Doubling down on the BS doesn’t take away from Mims being terrible. They stopped playing him because the guy had more penalty yards than receptions in two games, Which if your counting was Zero.

If you can’t get on the field when your only first team receiver left is Braxton Berrios then your bad. 

I don’t care what they thought he’d be in college, in the Pro’s he doesn’t have what it takes. Next week will be his last game here, another 2nd round bust.

It’s not the staffs fault, the guy doesn’t  take his chances, and sure doesn’t look like he can even bother to put effort in even for a simple ladder drill, let alone impress anyone. 

Adios.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So Douglas is not fallible on the trade front.  Some teams made offers for him before the deadline and we refused.  Now we get nothing.

I mean, I don't fault him. Unless the staff at that point were giving him all the signs that he's not it. Even still. Talented 2nd round pick, it's worth keeping him around and seeing if it clicks. 

It didn't, you move on. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I mean, I don't fault him. Unless the staff at that point were giving him all the signs that he's not it. Even still. Talented 2nd round pick, it's worth keeping him around and seeing if it clicks. 

It didn't, you move on. 

It’s not tough to see why they wanted to give him every chance in the world.  

8 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Everybody relax.  I have it on very reliable sources that Mims is progressing well with learning the playbook and route assignments.  Should be ready to contribute mightily in a few weeks.

Mims should be studying the bus schedules and get on the first one out of town. He’s pretty much done here 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Haha.  

Even with hind sight, sending him off for a 5th rounder would have been a mistake at that point.   They weren’t offering more than that and may have offered less.  

I agree. I can't see teams offering more than a 6th rounder for Mims, but then again, teams gave a 4th rounder for Herndon.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

He’s going to go somewhere else and be great! 

He is going to be exactly what he is on the Jets, and maybe a tad better. I can see it already in 2022 when Mims scores his first TD with his new team, and everyone loses their marbles until ten weeks into the season when Mims has two touchdowns and 270 yards. 

• Upvote 1