Short, sweet and to the point

AFJF

Yeah except THIS TEAM has been in a rebuild mode for nearly a decade and we have guys like you preaching it’s year one and lets wait for 18 more years before we can judge. I don’t care if Salah took over this year. JD has been there and he has almost completed 3 years already
Sorry to rain on your parade bro .. this IS year one of the tear down. However ... there will be NO Denying that this coming offseason IS year 2 and the clock is ticking for sure. We should be in the hunt for a wild card next year... if not ... something is terribly wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Yeah except THIS TEAM has been in a rebuild mode for nearly a decade and we have guys like you preaching it’s year one and lets wait for 18 more years before we can judge. I don’t care if Salah took over this year. JD has been there and he has almost completed 3 years already

They actually have never done a ground up rebuild.  This year is the first time.

Jet fans think because the team stinks year in and year out that they are always rebuilding.  That is not the case.

Being a bad football team and rebuilding a football team are 2 separate things.

While I am unhappy that a game where we were winning and played so well was lost, I can appreciate that the offense, specifically the QB, had a great game. Did he make mistakes, absolutely. Off the top of my head:

* Bad throw almost picked at end of game - was on inside WR shoulder, not outside shoulder

* Rushed the pass after picking it up on a low snap

* QB sneak

That being said, no QB is perfect in a game or a season. Even the great Maholmes has struggled this year. Zack seemed comfortable in the pocket most of the day; he even handled the rush well, not panicking, and throwing it away several times. The rushed pass after low snap was something he will get better at. It appears that he is turning the corner in a very positive way. This looks like the 'flip of the switch' that Saleh was talking about. It may not have been converted into a win, but it was fantastic to see.

Possibly, had Zack had this turn around against a team as bad as the Jags, he could have hung another 200 yards and 2 TDs on them like Mighty Mac did. But, this year was about progress not wins. That expectation will change next season. Depending on the off season, draft, schedule, we should expect a significant improvement in the Win column - if that doesn't happen, it will be time to reflect on what the problem was.

Yes it was extremely disappointing and even SOJ like to loose the game the way we did, but the O with a lot of missing players, and even the D looked surprisingly good. Next season, this kind of loss would be more maddening and even depressing. The team, including the coaching staff need to learn how to finish games. At least, as far as yesterday, we seemed to have learned how to start games and start the 2nd half - something we did not have for much of the year.

12 hours ago, dcJet said:

The bar is so low for our team that a competitive game seems like triumph.  

You are not wrong. This is the type of franchise that Saleh, LaFleur, JD and Zach are having to change.

Props to them for finally looking like a college team

My version of short and sweet and to the point:  agree with Woody.  a lot to be excited about with development of young players.  Special props to the job we have done with our 1st and 2nd year cornerbacks think this experience (good and bad) serves us well.

Regarding the win versus tank crowd, while I would have loved to inflict pain on Brady and beat the reigning World Champs I was neither surprised nor overly disappointed at the outcome.  I loved going for the kill but like all hated the play call.  If given the choice I would have swapped out the Jags & Bucs outcomes to keep us pick #4 with the much better victory but who cares what I think. 

Think this rookie class:  Wilson, Tucker, Moore, Carter, Sherwood, Carter II, Pinnock, Nasirildeen, Echols. and Marshall is the best in the history of the team.  A GM and coach in total alignment to develop and play them is a perfect setup.  The fact that we still have such great draft capital for next year with no need to draft a QB has to be considered a really great opportunity to improve the team. I am excited to see what happens next.

Happy and hopefully healthy new year to you all...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, #90 said:

For most of the games this year, The Jets simply didnt show up. You are happy with that??? Is that really a competitive rebuild? And fact is Zach has to be dumb as a rock to choose a QB sneak for 2 yards over a jet sweep to Berrios with 9 guys clogging up the middle of the line by the Bucs.

Pessimistic, neutered and emancipated SOJF!

12 hours ago, dcJet said:

The bar is so low for our team that a competitive game seems like triumph. 

A competitive game against the defending SB champs who may repeat, as opposed to say the Lions. Also, don't mistake optimism for the feeling of triumph. The Jets are a very young team which is starting to play like they have a positive near future so people are happy that maybe we just got through a painful year, but have something to look forward to.

2 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Every 2-3 years we’ve been tearing it down to the ground and in between, it has been a “competitive rebuilds”. I’m pretty sure we were in a rebuild last year as well and the year before. Signing couple of big name FA doesn’t change that fact. 

But I guess you’re right. This is year 1 of the rebuild…for the eleventieth time in a row. 

Not true, until now they've never torn it down to build it up. What the Jets have done previously is sign a high profile has been, draft a guy high up, and expect that that would change everything. Meanwhile it was never anything more than a band aid, some flashy news reports, and the blind faith of Jets fans year after year. When was the last time the Jets started so many young guys all year by choice? In the past our coaches, chosen by buffoon owners as opposed to the GM, have always played the retread vets because the coach felt that was the safest choice, and in turn never developed young talent which is critical for a real rebuild.  

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its mind boggling that 100% of this fanbase is not behind what is happening here.  We are executing year 1 of a ground up rebuild to perfection.  This is going to be a tough, hard nosed, well coached, competitive team next year and in 2023, is going to be one of the best teams in the league for the forseeable future.

Its clear as day.

I am very happy with how the Jets played on O but the defense  needs major help. How you see this team becoming say The Packers in 2 uears is a little much. I mean the D folded on two major plays in second half. The 3rd and 20 and the 30 yard TD toss with seconds left. That stuff can't  happen. 

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

In year 1 of a ground up rebuild being competitive with the super bowl champs is the triumph.

It cant even respond to clueless fans anymore.

Jets are like a self cleaning oven.  Push the button and we get a brand new "year one, ground up rebuild".

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Respect the fandom, but dam you are a wet rag. But that being said this one hurt. No moral victories here, no hey at least we keep the better draft pick, we had Brady on the ropes, the Jets snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. You could see it in Saleh face this one hurt everywhere. Gotta close that game out. 

Now take all that and add that we lost on a terrible play call/read, ****in terrible 

Yep.  As a positive, the pain and lessons learned by the coaches and players is valuable.  Glad it happened in a meaningless game. 

We'd be crushed for decades if this was a playoff game.

16 hours ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Its year one of THIS regime..... It doesnt matter what happened under Rex or Gase or Idzik.....

For the life of me i dont understand why people keep bringing up past regimes. Its like fighting with your wife about what your ex girlfriend did five years ago. One has nothing to do with the other!

That's one way of looking at it.  That each new regime is their own entity.  Starts with the hire, ends with the fire, the brand new regime starts fresh and resets the "rebuild clock".

Another way to look at it, is we last made the playoffs in 2010.  Since then, the owners have been trying hard to rebuild with new combinations of GM's, coaches and players.  That's a 10 year rebuild.