Jets offensive rank this season

Rhg1084

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nor the final three weeks either. 

I'd be interested in our rankings if we exclude the games played by backup QB's, and include all of Zach's games.

This post is about the improvement in the offense and how multiple players have stepped in and kept the offense in sync.   There is no debate that Wilson took his lumps early but has improved the past 6 games .   What spin are you trying to suggest?   

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nor the final three weeks either. 

I'd be interested in our rankings if we exclude the games played by backup QB's, and include all of Zach's games.

Yes, surely it would be interesting.  But I would say a more interesting would be to do as you say - but also remove those first three weeks.

My post though was a joke, mostly meant to point to the people that had already declared Wilson a bust because no QB has ever been this statistically bad after his first handful of games and gone on to be good...And there were many (not saying you)

Those first three weeks for Wilson and this entire offense were very rough - no doubt...but at some point you have to accept them for what they were...a very bad start to a very young team and what seems to have been an unprepared QB.

To continue to use those stats to define Wilson (frankly I don't care if you do or not) but to use them as a point to show why he won't be a FQB is just silly IMO...

When all is said and done though - in a year like this - stats simply don't tell the story - not even really close.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sam Darnold in 2018 says "hi!"

In all seriousness, trash time (i.e. after the pressure is off because your team is long since eliminated) is a factor.  As is strength of schedule of opponents.  As is if the opponents have anything to play for, ect.

Lots of factors to consider.  I think we'd all agree that late Darnold streak so many were so impressed with that the time was really just a fantasy of weak schedule and a Jets team playing in trash time.

I tend to value games that matter more than those that don't.  When teams are still in competition.  

For a rookie, of course, I would say it's the totality of their campaign, and the improvement shown from week 1 all the way through week 18.

Darnold's rookie season, was more of a rollercoaster of performance. Many ups and downs. A decent ending. Somewhat consistent with his career,

Wilson's has been more of an upward trajectory. Not totally, but in a line that is a fair assessment. 

That leads to more emphasis on the recency sample. No guarantees.

On 1/3/2022 at 11:27 AM, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

And what were they ranked last year again

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

On 1/3/2022 at 2:28 PM, UnknownJetFan said:

And 17th includes many games early on when the O was still trying to find its way. If the team that has been playing recently played the whole season we would be ranked top 10 on O.

On 1/3/2022 at 11:29 AM, Rhg1084 said:

Pretty sure they were dead last, so a jump to 17 this year is impressive 

We are 25th in points and 21st in yards.

Also, when Wilson came back from injury we were 9th in passing yards. Since he has come back we have fallen to 17th.