Clip of Z Wilson post game comments-- This kid is practically a redshirt this year

Leave Echol's alone... The kid has played well this year, and same as Zach was in diapers when TB was playing, so he'll never have the contempt that most JETS have for the Pats, Fins etc... Especially like us old folks who have been though the wars, and I'm one who can't stand the little cry baby QB. Was nice that he'll have that keepsake for years to come. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Lith said:

At least he didn't ask Brady to sign a ball, like Echols did with the ball he intercepted.  

Part of me thinks this is awesome, and part of me is pissed off.

I would be pissed if this was a few years back, Brady still on the Patriots. But it's so different now. I oddly, don't hate him as much now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

At least he didn't ask Brady to sign a ball, like Echols did with the ball he intercepted.  

Part of me thinks this is awesome, and part of me is pissed off.

I loved that because I think of it as Echols trolling him a bit, but that’s just me. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Eh, not really.

Against the Packers Darnold was 24 of 35 for 341 yards 3 TDs no INTs. The team scored 38 points.

Wilson hasn't really sniffed that.

There are those stats again.  Some of the throws Sam made yesterday were throws Sam has never made.

Far more impressed yesterday with Zach than any game from Sam.

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Eh, not really.

Against the Packers Darnold was 24 of 35 for 341 yards 3 TDs no INTs. The team scored 38 points.

Wilson hasn't really sniffed that.

Context though. 

Go look back at that Packers D - it was awful. And look at who Wilson was throwing to yesterday. Down 3 WRs, his starting RB, starting LT and playing with no proven tight ends. The roster is an injured sh*tshow. Then look at how much pressure he was under in the second half. Against a very good defense. 

I would argue with anyone that Wilson was just as impressive yesterday as Darnold was in that Packers game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

2021 is the Third Year of JD Mulligans, and the first year of Saleh/Wilson Mulligans.

I look forward to a season where we're no longer playing permanent mulligans.

Is it offensive that some fans give longer leash, say than what others may give? Not sure what to make of that statement.

46 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Imagine if Brady gets hurt and that turns out to be his final INT.

Kinda like Brees's last NFL game?

See, I'm also a Saints fan due to Taysom Hill.
However, I could never, ever bring that up in the Saints forum as I would get crushed, even though its total truth!!

• Upvote 2

I liken Echols getting the ball signed to the jersey swaps. I don’t know why this is such a big deal.

yesterday and today really show you the media skew against the jets. The sny postgame and now people getting on Echols for getting a ball signed, but a ton of players swap jerseys and sign them at the end of the game. Come on, it’s tiring and really it’s to the point where they should just be turned off and boycotted like the YouTube and influencers in the jets world are pushing.

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I have not really watched Jet post game remarks this year. Why dissect a train wreck? 

But I just clicked on this one because I got pulled into it by a "what did Tom Brady tell Zach Wilson after the game? " tease. Pssst, surprisingly he did not ask for his phone number. 

Anyway, I really tend to forget what a babe in the woods this kid is. You could not have cast a more awestruck hayseed to come to NY and be put in a spotlight. And I make those remarks with all due respect. It is not easy.

All that said, this kid will be hardened and have a whole new grasp on the world in 3 years. What kind of QB he will be, I still don't know. I am liking the progress. I hope he goes home next Sunday night, cries into his pillow for an hour, and comes back with a steely resolve Monday morning.

I am personally rooting hard for this kid. 

https://sny.tv/articles/jets-buccaneers-zach-wilson-tom-brady-postgame-news-conference

anyone not rooting for him needs to get off this bus...thats the next several collective years that we may be wasting if he washes out.

It's gotten to the point where he's like Jordan/Gretzky/Jeter and no matter what you think of them, they are great and you want their autograph if you actually get to play them AND have a significant play! Nobody would be giving a sh*t if he had done it in the tunnel, or would everyone be freaking out more saying he was "fanboy stalking Brady" instead of doing it out in the open??

• Upvote 1