Clip of Z Wilson post game comments-- This kid is practically a redshirt this year

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Eh I'm not bothered by it. These guys grew up watching him, will likely be the only game they get to play against him. Would probably tick me off it he were still a Patriot.

3 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I mean having Brady sign the ball you picked him on is pretty awesome.

3 hours ago, Kevin L said:

Baller move by both guys.

Brady tried his deliberate under throw to draw a flag.  

It didn’t work…

Saleh explained why he wasn’t upset about the ball signing. 

I paraphrase said ‘pro athletes today are one big brotherhood, if you were playing a game against your brother, you fight tooth and nail during the game but after the final tick off the clock, you’re brothers again’. 

It’s not like the old days where players hated each other. They are all in the brotherhood together. And are off-season friends. Or business partners. Or neighbors. Or college classmates. Or church members. 

Nobody cares when soccer players swap jerseys, this is the same thing. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Brady tried his deliberate under throw to draw a flag.  

It didn’t work…

Doesn't change the fact that Echols had the testicular fortitude to ask the GOAT for an autograph....and that Brady was classy enough to do it.

50 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Saleh explained why he wasn’t upset about the ball signing. 

I paraphrase said ‘pro athletes today are one big brotherhood, if you were playing a game against your brother, you fight tooth and nail during the game but after the final tick off the clock, you’re brothers again’. 

It’s not like the old days where players hated each other. They are all in the brotherhood together. And are off-season friends. Or business partners. Or neighbors. Or college classmates. Or church members. 

Nobody cares when soccer players swap jerseys, this is the same thing. 

Agreed. It's just old school boomers hating.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GangGreened said:

I couldn’t imagine what this place would be like if ZW had 2 games like Sam did against Houston and GB

I am more optimistic about Zach, not because he has had more great games, but he is elusive and fun to watch , and you get the feeling that if he ever becomes any good, it'll be a lot of fun. Sam was robotic lethargic, after he returned from the mono, it seemed like he still had mono.. Zach is very smooth in his movements and throwing motion, if he ever pans out, he can be an exciting player, but I dont think hes performed better than Sam this year either 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

I am more optimistic about Zach, not because he has had more great games, but he is elusive and fun to watch , and you get the feeling that if he ever becomes any good, it'll be a lot of fun. Sam was robotic lethargic, after he returned from the mono, it seemed like he still had mono.. Zach is very smooth in his movements and throwing motion, if he ever pans out, he can be an exciting player, but I dont think hes performed better than Sam this year either 

Watched Darnold in Carolina… he is toast.  SAD.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Context though. 

Go look back at that Packers D - it was awful. And look at who Wilson was throwing to yesterday. Down 3 WRs, his starting RB, starting LT and playing with no proven tight ends. The roster is an injured sh*tshow. Then look at how much pressure he was under in the second half. Against a very good defense. 

I would argue with anyone that Wilson was just as impressive yesterday as Darnold was in that Packers game. 

Eh, I don't know. Bucs were down guys too, were they not? Their starting CBs were trapped on an airplane until three minutes before kickoff or something.

I'd also buy this more if I'd ever seen Wilson have that type of game against anyone. He hasn't. Not to mention the "healthy" 2018 Jets were so much worse talent wise than the "healthy" 2021 Jets offensively that it's more like leveling the playing field a little. Sam was tricking me into thinking Chris Herndon was a player in that 2018 game.

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

2021 is the Third Year of JD Mulligans, and the first year of Saleh/Wilson Mulligans.

I look forward to a season where we're no longer playing permanent mulligans.

Me too. But don't begrudge this year's. Team is in such a better place. And all the key pieces appear to be aligned.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's one -Only a handful of QB's can make this throw - Sam Darnold isn't one of them.

Nice play.  Great throw.  Love to see it.

Every QB in the NFL can make that throw.  Why do continue to say stupid sh*t like  this?  You don’t need a qualifier and a comparison every play he makes and you do it all the time.  Its a good throw, one you expect a pro to make.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Nice play.  Great throw.  Love to see it.

Every QB in the NFL can make that throw.  Why do continue to say stupid sh*t like  this?  You don’t need a qualifier and a comparison every play he makes and you do it all the time.  Its a good throw, one you expect a pro to make.  

I was asked a question and I responded to it.  Show me where Sam Darnold has made a similar throw? 

Why is it that difficult for you to accept he's a special talent - that has the capability to be great.  It's there - wether he puts it together is another question entirely.  

It's not a throw not all of them can make - I'm sorry.  30 yards on a rope, side arm...

No qualifiers, just a reality.

17 hours ago, Lith said:

At least he didn't ask Brady to sign a ball, like Echols did with the ball he intercepted.  

Part of me thinks this is awesome, and part of me is pissed off.

im fine with it.  Dude probably grew up watching brady dominate superbowls and he just picked him off in a game.  thats awesome stuff, so to get his autograph too im sure is special for the kid.

These guys compete hard but everyone out there has respect for each other for the most part.  Once the game ends you go across, see friends, former teammates, and maybe even childhood idols.  Anyone getting mad at this, and this is my personal opinion, out of touch with the reality of the situation in pro sports. 

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I was asked a question and I responded to it.  Show me where Sam Darnold has made a similar throw? 

Why is it that difficult for you to accept he's a special talent - that has the capability to be great.  It's there - wether he puts it together is another question entirely.  

It's not a throw not all of them can make - I'm sorry.  30 yards on a rope, side arm...

You said “only a handful of QBs can make that throw”, you say this type of nonsense all the time.  I typically ignore it because it’s you but I was feeling testy this morning.  Its just ridiculous at this point.  Every QB in the NFL and 90% in college can make that throw.   This has nothing to do with what I think of Zach Wilson and everything to do with you spewing ridiculous nonsense over the dumbest sh*t as you continue to bash any poster who dares criticize him about anything.  

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You said “only a handful of QBs can make that throw”, you say this type of nonsense all the time.  I typically ignore it because it’s you but I was feeling testy this morning.  Its just ridiculous at this point.  Every QB in the NFL and 90% in college can make that throw.   This has nothing to do with what I think of Zach Wilson and everything to do with you spewing ridiculous nonsense over the dumbest sh*t as you continue to bash any poster who dares criticize him about anything.  

Look, I think you're confusing completing a 30 yard pass over the middle to what I mean by "that throw."  At least I hope that's what you're doing...

Because If you watch that video and come to the conclusion that 90% of college QB's can throw a ball that looks like then I don't know what you're watching.

Moreover, I don't always do this - maybe you're confusing me with someone else.  Typically I actually ignore you as you're so dramatic about everything.   Not everything has to be a fight.  

The kid made a big time throw - that was impressive, even from an NFL QB standpoint.  It'll all be okay if he turns out to be good.  I promise.

• Thumb Down 1

Win or lose, I coach my kids teams to first express gratitude to their opponent for a good game. I only tell them the score after that. I want them playing at all times like we’re losing.

There’s nothing wrong with respecting an opponent. It’s good for the game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Cmon. Darnold has made plenty of ridiculous throws when with us. Doesn't make you a top QB. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Tom must be used to this, I mean he brought a sharpie out with him to the post game handshakes.

I disagree, Indy. That's not how I saw the video.  In my viewing, Echols comes out with the football and the sharpie and hands them both to Tom.  Brady signs the ball and then pockets Echols' sharpie like the entitled prick scumbag he is. If you lip read Brandin, he's like  "WTF dog, gimme my sharpie back" but Brady runs away with not even a guilty look on his face.  It's clear as day.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's one -Only a handful of QB's can make this throw - Sam Darnold isn't one of them.

I’m not advocating for Sam or trying to put down Wilson as he is actually getting better, but we should just agree to disagree. Sam had plenty of wow throws similar to that in his time here.

glad Wilson is starting to show some tangible improvement. Hoping he can finish strong against the Bills this week for an exciting off-season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I’m not advocating for Sam or trying to put down Wilson as he is actually getting better, but we should just agree to disagree. Sam had plenty of wow throws similar to that in his time here.

glad Wilson is starting to show some tangible improvement. Hoping he can finish strong against the Bills this week for an exciting off-season.

Fair enough.  

I thought Sam did a lot of nice things (I really liked Sam) particularly on the move Sam was more impressive than Zach is right now.  He did many things early that Zach hasn't.  

I just look at that 30 yard, side arm delivery, to the opposite way his body was moving on an absolute rope...I just don't see a lot of guys with that type of natural skill-set.

But I get what you're saying.

• Upvote 1