On This Day In Jets History

Gase wasn't the worst coach in Jets history. Realistically - How was he worse than Kotite? 

Last year was probably the single most miserable season for me personally as a fan, but given what we know about Darnold and the state of that roster, you can't tell me Gase's coaching performance was worse than a guy who won 4 games in 2 seasons. I just don't see it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Gase wasn't the worst coach in Jets history. Realistically - How was he worse than Kotite? 

Last year was probably the single most miserable season for me personally as a fan, but given what we know about Darnold and the state of that roster, you can't tell me Gase's coaching performance was worse than a guy who won 4 games in 2 seasons. I just don't see it. 

Gase's coaching performance was worse than a guy who won 4 games in 2 seasons.

DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The difference was Kotite just didn't care, that's why he sucked. Gase skipped out on Thanksgiving dinner with his family to incompetently prepare for ass whoopings.

Ok but Gase still won more than twice as many games as Kotite did in the same amount of time (and probably with a worse roster)

Also on this day in Jet history, we played in two "win and your in games"

We destroyed the Bengals 37-0 on 1/3/10 to clinch a playoff spot, and we also closed out the 2015 season on 1/3/16 with the 22-17 loss to Buffalo in the Rex's revenge game.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Also on this day in Jet history, we played in two "win and your in games"

We destroyed the Bengals 37-0 on 1/3/10 to clinch a playoff spot, and we also closed out the 2015 season on 1/3/16 with the 22-17 loss to Buffalo in the Rex's revenge game.  

Kicked there asses again the next week. Brad Smith got 'em.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok but Gase still won more than twice as many games as Kotite did in the same amount of time (and probably with a worse roster)

Exactly Kotiite had some talent on roster which he didn’t care enough to put time in and coach up so Parcells took essentially the same team that went 1-15 to 9-7 in one year That’s why as bad as Gase was Kotite was the worst coach in Jets history and it’s not close 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Exactly Kotiite had some talent on roster which he didn’t care enough to put time in and coach up so Parcells took essentially the same team that went 1-15 to 9-7 in one year That’s why as bad as Gase was Kotite was the worst coach in Jets history and it’s not close 

Gase did not win 9 games in a season. The last time the Jets won 9 games in a season was 2015.

Parcells brought in a bunch of his own guys and actually coached the team. Kotite was sneaking out the back door golfing.

The offensive ineptitude of Gases teams compared to his peers was actually worse than Kotite's teams when you look at it in relative terms. You say it's not close but it was 5 games difference while Kotite wasn't even trying.

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Gase did not win 9 games in a season. The last time the Jets won 9 games in a season was 2015.

Parcells brought in a bunch of his own guys and actually coached the team. Kotite was sneaking out the back door golfing.

The offensive ineptitude of Gases teams compared to his peers was actually worse than Kotite's teams when you look at it in relative terms. You say it's not close but it was 5 games difference while Kotite wasn't even trying.

Barry. You’re making my point Kotite didn’t put in any effort at all and the team had talent better than 1-15 So on that alone he is the worst we’ve ever had and it’s not close 

1 minute ago, CSNY said:

Barry. You’re making my point Kotite didn’t put in any effort at all and the team had talent better than 1-15 So on that alone he is the worst we’ve ever had and it’s not close 

I don't know. If I can screw off, not try and put together about the same quality as someone who is working 168 hours a week - who is worse at their job?

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know. If I can screw off, not try and put together about the same quality as someone who is working 168 hours a week - who is worse at their job?

The guy who is screwing off is. As he is not even trying. He is stealing salary from owners stealing fans hard earned cash which is spent on season tickets merchandise concessions parking and not putting any effort into getting the team ready to play professional football and purposely putting a sub par product on the field By far the worst 

6 hours ago, Lith said:

Yup.  2009 & 2010 seem like a lifetime ago.

For my kids, it is. They "root" for the Jets out of sympathy for the old man, but my kids will never give a sh*t about the Jets in their lives. Sean is 10, Connor is 13. All they're seen of this asinine franchise is losing and Dad pissed on Sundays in the fall.

? 

• Upvote 1